PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Primary Arms Multi Reticle?

Mossy Man
06-13-2012, 5:15 PM
https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_MultiReticle_Red_Dot_Sight_PAM3M_p/pam3m.htm?CartID=1

Was thinking about getting this for my 16" flat top AR carbine

anyone have this sight? thoughts?

worth the $120 to my doorstep?

tacticalcity
06-13-2012, 5:25 PM
They are great as a "hold you over" optic until you can afford an Aimpoint or EoTech. They will hold up to most abuse, but if they fail it is not a big deal because you are not using them to save your life and the price you paid makes it possible to replace it quickly. Expecting more from them at that price is just not realistic. There are a boat load of reasons why the expensive sights cost what they cost. So they Primary Arms stuff won't be an $800 sight for under $100. But it will be well worth the money you spend on it.

Plus the owner offers excellent customer service. Which is a plus. If you have a problem he will help you fix it in a fair way. But remember, he has to know about the problem to fix it. In the past a member or two has bashed him without ever telling him they had an issue or giving him a chance to fix it. Don't be that guy. Odds are everything will be perfect, but if it isn't he will fix it. Just keep the expectations realistic.

Mossy Man
06-13-2012, 5:32 PM
It sounds like it fits the bill perfectly for my uses.

MiddleKingdom
06-13-2012, 5:34 PM
They are great as a "hold you over" optic until you can afford an Aimpoint or EoTech. They will hold up to most abuse, but if they fail it is not a big deal because you are not using them to save your life and the price you paid makes it possible to replace it quickly. Expecting more from them at that price is just not realistic. There are a boat load of reasons why the expensive sights cost what they cost. So they Primary Arms stuff won't be an $800 sight for under $100. But it will be well worth the money you spend on it.

Plus the owner offers excellent customer service. Which is a plus. If you have a problem he will help you fix it in a fair way. But remember, he has to know about the problem to fix it. In the past a member or two has bashed him without ever telling him they had an issue or giving him a chance to fix it. Don't be that guy. Odds are everything will be perfect, but if it isn't he will fix it. Just keep the expectations realistic.

Great point, Tacticalcity. I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on an AR that will eventually end up on my Marlin Model 60 or Ruger 10/22. Just have to save some more lunch money.

MigNoche
06-13-2012, 5:35 PM
I bought a Primary Arms T1 clone and I have be more than pleased with the quality and accuracy of the product. I am willing to bet that you will be pleasantly surprised with your purchase. If you buy it, please give us a review.

Mossy Man
06-13-2012, 5:46 PM
ok, i hit the order button

i'll let you know how it goes in a few weeks

gunsarefun
06-13-2012, 5:53 PM
I have one of the multi reticle PA sights and it's not bad. Ran it on my Del-Ton for 500 rounds or so. It's fine for close range, but found the dot to grow too large when using a magnifier and trying to shoot 140+ yards. It's now been bumped to a Ruger .22. Great sight for rim fire rifles.

MiddleKingdom
06-13-2012, 5:55 PM
ok, i hit the order button

i'll let you know how it goes in a few weeks

Going on the S&W Sport?

Mossy Man
06-13-2012, 5:58 PM
Going on the S&W Sport?

yup.

I was going to leave it...but unfortunately I was unable to resist.

Tried a carry handle for a while, and ended up buying the whole FDE magpul MOE kit.

I actually really like it :o

feels very ergo and it was pretty damned cheap.

so given that I have all the mall ninja stuff on it, i figured i might as well get a giant red dot sight on it too just for fun.

Mossy Man
06-13-2012, 5:59 PM
I have one of the multi reticle PA sights and it's not bad. Ran it on my Del-Ton for 500 rounds or so. It's fine for close range, but found the dot to grow too large when using a magnifier and trying to shoot 140+ yards. It's now been bumped to a Ruger .22. Great sight for rim fire rifles.

i only really shoot <100 yards.

the sight advertises 2 moa, but through my vision a target at 100 yards everything is 20 MOA to me anyway

tanakasan
06-13-2012, 7:45 PM
PA RDS is the perfect recreational optic!

I have a PA M4 clone. Good quality and price from a great retailer.

Robert

r8dr rider
06-13-2012, 7:48 PM
I actually just got one for my Socom II. Haven't shot it yet but it feels good and I love the EoTech style sight. The regular dot is actually a little small for my taste. Mount kinda sux. Time will tell if it holds to the powerful 308 round

http://i.imgur.com/8sguT.jpg

darqhelmet
06-13-2012, 7:50 PM
They work great. Have that, two t1 clones. They have all worked great the customer service is great. On my "real" rifle I run an eotech though.

TNP'R
06-13-2012, 7:52 PM
Does it hold zero when you change the reticle?

G38xOC
06-13-2012, 8:13 PM
^

yes . last desert session , i tried n it holds

so far i have about 500ish round through

CZ9
06-14-2012, 12:33 AM
Idk if mines defective or something, but the dot on my m3 clone is so dim I can not see it on the white/off white part of a paper target. I can see it on the black center but that's about it. I've looked through other similar priced red dots and they are much brighter.

loosewreck
06-14-2012, 1:49 AM
Idk if mines defective or something, but the dot on my m3 clone is so dim I can not see it on the white/off white part of a paper target. I can see it on the black center but that's about it. I've looked through other similar priced red dots and they are much brighter.

Maybe you should shoot them an email or PM.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=580478