PDA

View Full Version : Michigan House votes for FBI IBC

interstellar
06-13-2012, 5:07 PM
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2012/6/michigan-house-votes-overwhelmingly-to-repeal-permit-to-purchase-and-registration.aspx

Why can't California follow this path?

POLICESTATE
06-13-2012, 5:12 PM
Because California legislature hates guns in the hands of the people.

SanPedroShooter
06-13-2012, 6:08 PM
Thats one thing CA has on anti gun strong holds. We dont have to apply for a 'permit' to buy a handgun.

Of course there numerous other encumberances, but no permit to buy at least.

Who knew that MI had such onerous restrictions?

NotEnufGarage
06-13-2012, 6:34 PM
Thats one thing CA has on anti gun strong holds. We dont have to apply for a 'permit' to buy a handgun.

HSC = Permit to buy?

SanPedroShooter
06-13-2012, 6:52 PM
Sort of. But you dont have to go down to the local police station with your hat in your hand and beg for your right to arm yourself.

The HSC is just part of what I meant by 'numerous incumberances'

EM2
06-13-2012, 8:55 PM

I did.
found out a couple of years ago.

There are many states with bizarre requirements like this to purchase firearms.

does anyone know of a place to go to find out all the requirements of the various 50 states?

mrdd
06-13-2012, 9:21 PM
North Carolina requires a permit to purchase each handgun. You have to apply to the sheriff of your county each time.

ETA: This is unless you possess a concealed handgun permit.

2009_gunner
06-13-2012, 9:44 PM
I hope the SAF is considering a suit against these Pistol Permit laws. I am considering a job in North Carolina, and always had the impression they were more free than CA.

However, you have to get written references and give job details to the sheriff just to buy a pistol or get a carry permit. That is purely a chilling effect.

If I move there, I will not get a North Carolina carry permit. I'll just get Utah & Florida permits and carry on those.

Kharn
06-14-2012, 2:43 AM
IBC? Seriously? CGN has too many acronyms already. "NICS" would have worked just fine.

NotEnufGarage:
HSC = handgun safety certificate, the police get to inspect every handgun you buy in MI to make sure it is "safe" but typically all they do is get greasy fingerprints all over it and make sure the serial number matches the paperwork. IIRC you need an HSC for any firearm under 30" OAL with the stock collapsed, such as underfolder AKs.

2009_Gunner:
"If I move there, I will not get a North Carolina carry permit. I'll just get Utah & Florida permits and carry on those. "
Double check that you can carry as an NC resident with an out-of-state permit, most states prohibit that practice.