PDA

View Full Version : Beretta CX4 to CA

psychophd
06-13-2012, 1:18 PM
After much contemplation and research, I've decided to get a Beretta CX4 carbine to match my 92FS. I can get a bullet button, and there is an included spacer that can be used to make it over 30". The problem is that Jay's guns, the only who seems to have it in stock regularly, will not ship to a 3rd party outside of CA (Table Rock Arms) to have the bb and spacer installed, who would then ship it to a local dealer (probably Rifle Gear).

Does anyone have suggestions of a dealer that could either do all the work and then ship it to CA directly, or a dealer that would ship to a place outside of CA to have the work done? I'm a bit leery of using a private party sales & have them ship it to a 3rd party, but I'm open to ideas, esp anyone who has done this before.

Thanks.

chad68
06-13-2012, 6:31 PM
I bought mine online from personalsecurityzone.com. They installed the BB and spacer and sent it to my local FFL. It was the easiest way to get one into CA at least for me anyway. They have also been out of stock for a couple of months or so as well.

There are other online places that do the same thing too.

Another option is find a FFL who will accept it in two parts and you make it CA legal.

rogervzv
06-13-2012, 7:13 PM
If anyone knows a way to get one of these in California without it turning into a big hassle, please advise.

Mongoblack23
06-13-2012, 8:42 PM
tagged, really want one, dont want to pay double just to get one....

psychophd
06-14-2012, 6:48 PM
Working on one possibility. If it works, would you guys want a group buy?

orangeusa
06-14-2012, 6:57 PM
You have to get the BB and spacer installed out of state to make it legal here. Or spacer and fill in the thumbhole. Or, get shipped as parts and built here by FFL.

But, saying that, I shot one at a range here 2 years ago, and it didn't have BB, thumbhole block... weird... Wish I would have asked what the deal was..

I bought mine online from personalsecurityzone.com. They installed the BB and spacer and sent it to my local FFL. It was the easiest way to get one into CA at least for me anyway. They have also been out of stock for a couple of months or so as well.

There are other online places that do the same thing too.

Another option is find a FFL who will accept it in two parts and you make it CA legal.

cfusionpm
06-14-2012, 6:59 PM
You have to get the BB and spacer installed out of state to make it legal here. Or spacer and fill in the thumbhole.

But, saying that, I shot one at a range here 2 years ago, and it didn't have BB, thumbhole block... weird... Wish I would have asked what the deal was..

There's one for rent at a range by me too (fun to shoot btw). The short story I got is those laws don't apply to their FFL or something. So they can own (and rent) things that we as normal people can't.

orangeusa
06-14-2012, 7:01 PM
You know, ---- Seriously, I never thought of that. And my range is owned by former LEO's..... interesting...

rogervzv
06-14-2012, 7:57 PM
Working on one possibility. If it works, would you guys want a group buy?

Yes.

abaldino
06-15-2012, 6:30 PM
I would be interested depending on price. Leaning towards Kydex featureless rather than BB for myself.

psychophd
06-20-2012, 12:14 PM
update: nada.

I've contacted what I thought a store that would help, but they are no longer doing this. I've contacted about 5 more stores, no joy.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to know.

psychophd
06-20-2012, 1:30 PM
FOUND ONE!

Unfortunately, it's for px mags, not 92fs. If you want this, contact Matthew Martin at pmsg@verizon.net. Buy a BB and spacer, send it to Table Rock Arms (call them first to make sure they're still open to this).

psychophd
07-11-2012, 4:14 PM
update!

Rifle Gear has ordered some CX4 9mm carbines for the 92fs mags! They're not sure when they will be in, but... I'm #2 on the waitlist. Call them to join the queue.

NME_SNIPER
08-03-2012, 3:30 PM
I would be interested in getting in on a group buy if this can be done.

chad68
08-13-2012, 10:57 PM
If anybody is interested, I will be selling my .40 Storm with a LOT of extra's here in Sonoma County.

I will post up the ad in the Calguns classifieds in the morning.

Quick teaser.

I will be letting the rifle, accesories, the Eotech, Beretta barrel shroud on it and a few hundred rounds of ammo (not reloads) go for about $4-500 less that what I spent on the stuff. Bought it in November and has about 150-175 rounds through it and is MINT!

I'm using the money for another project.

personalsecurityzone
11-14-2012, 2:44 PM
Update: 11/18/12 - Sorry, we recently decided we can no longer offer CX4 with Bullet Button. We are still selling many other carbines that we will install a bullet button on for California, but not CX4.

Thank you for your support for our California Friendly gun shop,

Mary Kay at http://personalsecurityzone.com

<< original post >>
Thanks for the mention. The CX4s are long enough that we don't have to install a spacer in the stock. The bullet buttons are sometimes slow to acquire, if Assault Planet has to manufacture them, but this is always doable and we use the Assault Planet bullet buttons exclusively.

When they're in stock the CX4s will always show up at this link...

http://personalsecurityzone.com/cgi-win/order/prodlist.exe/PSZ/SEARCH?ManufacturerID=BERETA&CategoryID=42

Today there are some CX4s in stock.

Mary Kay at http://personalsecurityzone.com