View Full Version : Norinco 1887 Lever Shotgun, Guns America?

06-13-2012, 12:48 PM
hey folks, been looking for a "CLONE" 1887 lever action shotgun for a couple years now.

Seems that it will never hit the cal guns market.

Although they seem to be availble on gunsamerica / armslist and such websites.

anyone have any experience with these websites? any problems with living in California and purchasing from these websites?

Any info would be great,

06-13-2012, 2:35 PM
Last time I checked, IAC was no longer importing them into the US. The earlier versions had some problems with extracting from what I’ve heard. I have one of the current gens, an 87-1 model I believe, and have not had issues running Rio hi powered 00, Centurion Slugs and Federal Flitecontrol 00. If newish, may need to “break it in” to smoothen the action out a bit. If you do get one, I would recommend getting a good recoil pad. Also when working the action, work it hard and with authority. It’s not meant to be babied. I was lucky and purchased a lnib and never shot one locally via ppt from another calguner . Really fun piece to pop off…

06-13-2012, 4:36 PM
You wont have any problems with buying on gunsamerica. The 1887 is not on any CA restricted list. Check out Coyote Cap , I believe they are now bring in the shotguns iac use to import.