PDA

View Full Version : Microstamping & Todd Lizzotte statement in article...

bwiese
06-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Y'all have obviously seen the article 'blaming' CGF for their $555 buck foray into helping microstamping technology not fold into oblivion so it would fold into oblivion...

Todd Lizzotte was quoted in the article:

For his part, Mr. Lizotte said microstamping had nothing to do with gun rights.

“I’m a Second Amendment guy,” he said, adding that he is a member of the N.R.A.
“I just want to be part of the solution of protecting rights, because every time
something bad happens with a firearm, my rights get curtailed.”

This is pure BS for a variety of reasons. And Lizotte is smart enough to not believe his own BS...

Post-Heller, we've entered a civil rights era where even though "bad things happen",
rights curtailment can't derive from that: we don't ban posterboard, PA systems and
phones/email just because someone writes a kidnap letter or phones in a bomb threat
or gets in a fight at a protest.

Yeah, it's still a fight right now, but we can see the rights writing on the wall in cases
like Ezell and Woolard and Bateman, etc. working their way upward.
I attended the DOJ regulatory hearing in Sacto in Feb 2010, where CGF's legal analysis
& opposing commentary to the numerous regulatory and practical problems exhibited by
a microstamping push was submitted (with additional comments, and comments
also filed by CA NRA.)

http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/oal/Microstamping.CGF.Letter-2010-02-17.pdf
Todd Lizzotte was there, in fine cordial fettle along with the likes of the local Brady Campaign
people like Karen Arntzen, the screaming husband/wife pair whose name I forget, LCAV's Juliet
Leftwich, antigun Emeryville Police Chief Ken James (I believe he was wearing sandals w/uniform
(!), not 100% certain it was that specific event) and antigun socal Assemblyman Mike Feuer (D42).

Lizzotte appeared entirely comfortable and cordial with these folks, and when the session ended
he walked out in pleasant discussion with quite a few of these folks. It clearly looked like they
were walking out the building headed to a nice lunch together.

I'll have to dig up the videos/photos.

Pro-2A my ***. Yeah, his $25 bought an NRA membership.

Gray Peterson
06-13-2012, 11:53 AM
, antigun Emeryville Police Chief Ken James (I believe he was wearing sandals w/uniform
(!), not 100% certain it was that specific event)

That along with the fact that he doesn't carry off duty & he doesn't have a gun in his house means that he's a major disgrace to his uniform & to law enforcement.

Gray Peterson
06-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Back on topic, Lizotte is a liar who pals around with anti gunners.

OleCuss
06-13-2012, 12:02 PM
I appreciate the perspective. It adds a little more truth to the mix.

speedrrracer
06-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Even if he was telling the truth, and he is a pro 2A guy, his solution is not a reasonable way to approach the challenge of reducing gun crime.

Regardless of his true 2A leanings, I think he's too in love with his solution to see it's many warts.

OleCuss
06-13-2012, 1:40 PM
If you really are a pro-RKBA kind of guy you will not be hanging out with LCAV and the Brady bunch.

You'd probably be talking to the NRA and CRPA lobbyists (especially if you are an NRA member) and to CGF if you really understand how things work.

Since we're not hearing that he is working with NRA, CRPA, or CGF but he obviously hangs out with those who are anti-RKBA. . . I think we can take it to the bank that he has little concern for the RKBA.

And remember, anyone and everyone can claim that they are pro-2A while claiming that it must be adapted to the current realities and effectively move to ban the RKBA. Obama claims to be pro-2A in that he supported Heller after it was issued, IIRC.

mag360
06-13-2012, 4:00 PM
Do the brady twerps, LCAV et al such as that emerville chief start huffing and puffing when forced to listen to reasoned discussion, such as the letter from Jason Davis?

Mute
06-13-2012, 4:13 PM
Don't need to tell us. If it walks and quacks....

SilverTauron
06-13-2012, 4:23 PM
If we are to judge by spoken word alone, not one politician is against the 2nd Amendment. Feinstein and her ilk always start their legislation proposals by saying they are in favor of the second amendment......

PEBKAC
06-13-2012, 8:02 PM
I vaguely remember there being a couple of chronic chit-chat clubs that included most of the usual anti suspects at that hearing, and one of the groups definitely included Todd, though the others were fuzzier because I wasn't really able to put faces in the room to a lot of the names I knew at that time. They were always chatting whenever one of the many, many breaks were taken. He certainly wasn't hanging out with the Pro-2A people that was for sure it was pretty clear what his allegiances were. ;)

Pictures I took probably turned out too fuzzy to be useful though. My phone has such a bad camera. :(

Best one I took but it's unclear if he, much less anyone else, is clearly visible in it: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/503/pic0050ls.jpg

Meplat
06-13-2012, 11:41 PM
I vaguely remember there being a couple of chronic chit-chat clubs that included most of the usual anti suspects at that hearing, and one of the groups definitely included Todd, though the others were fuzzier because I wasn't really able to put faces in the room to a lot of the names I knew at that time. They were always chatting whenever one of the many, many breaks were taken. He certainly wasn't hanging out with the Pro-2A people that was for sure it was pretty clear what his allegiances were. ;)

Pictures I took probably turned out too fuzzy to be useful though. My phone has such a bad camera. :(

Best one I took but it's unclear if he, much less anyone else, is clearly visible in it: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/503/pic0050ls.jpg

You can tell it was taken at 10:15.:)

nicki
06-14-2012, 1:12 AM
Since empty cases are all over public ranges, how could someone prove that the rounds found at crime scenes weren't just cases that were picked up at ranges and thrown on the ground to confuse the police?

Seems to me that would be "reasonable doubt".

If this was such a "great technology", why were the "police exempt". If any group should have "microstamped" and "SB15" safe guns it should be active duty police officers, after all, they are most likely to be involved in firefights and having cases with markings would make it easier to figure out where the officers were in officer involved shootings.

Nicki

mrdd
06-14-2012, 1:28 AM
I think this has already been pointed out, but I'll say it anyway. "Microstamping" of cartridge cases is not intended as a solution for anything. All it would accomplish would be to limit the product choices on the market. Many manufacturers probably would not bother coming out with microstamp versions of their products, especially when they can still sell into the LEA market without worrying about it.

The DRis
06-14-2012, 7:31 AM
I was just involved in a Facebook debate about our gun rights, what are "reasonable" laws, and micro-stamping.

I have almost lost all hope for humanity. These people are THE dumbest people on the planet. I stayed extremely civil the entire debate and it ended up being shut down because the liberal broad on the other end of the debate told me: "You are F***ing NUTS! JUST F****ING NUTS!"

When I asked her why I was nuts she said: "You are a dumb**s motherf****er!"

All becaue I asked her why an XD with a S/S slide was unsafe, but an XD with a black slide was safe. Also why is a Black slide XD safe, but a Black Slide with Night Sights isn't? Even though I can take said black slide and change out the sights to night sights, 100% legal. I also asked her what would stop a criminal from picking up my brass at a range and planting it at the crime scene. Or what would stop the criminal from replacing the firing pin, or filing off the microstamp.

I can't handle this anymore. These people are stupid.

Fyathyrio
06-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Not surprised to hear this at all, my BS meter pegged when I read that quote.

Gray Peterson
06-14-2012, 10:38 AM
I was just involved in a Facebook debate about our gun rights, what are "reasonable" laws, and micro-stamping.

I have almost lost all hope for humanity. These people are THE dumbest people on the planet. I stayed extremely civil the entire debate and it ended up being shut down because the liberal broad on the other end of the debate told me: "You are F***ing NUTS! JUST F****ING NUTS!"

When I asked her why I was nuts she said: "You are a dumb**s motherf****er!"

All becaue I asked her why an XD with a S/S slide was unsafe, but an XD with a black slide was safe. Also why is a Black slide XD safe, but a Black Slide with Night Sights isn't? Even though I can take said black slide and change out the sights to night sights, 100% legal. I also asked her what would stop a criminal from picking up my brass at a range and planting it at the crime scene. Or what would stop the criminal from replacing the firing pin, or filing off the microstamp.

I can't handle this anymore. These people are stupid.

Gun control is a religion.

CHS
06-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Anytime a politician says "I support the 2A and I'm a member of the NRA, but..." I know they are a liar and a scumbag.

Adding that "but..." is an automatic disqualification to their supposed support of the 2A. Sadly, it makes it sound like us gun owners come in two varieties, reasonable and unreasonable and there's nothing we can do to shut these dbags up.

Meplat
06-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Not surprised to hear this at all, my BS meter pegged when I read that quote.

What quote?

bwiese
06-14-2012, 11:37 AM

Best one I took but it's unclear if he, much less anyone else, is clearly visible in it:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/503/pic0050ls.jpg

OK... sorry I didn't visit with you there.

Todd Lizotte - is at the far right near the white post, in suit, blue shirt, yellowish tie, facing toward camera.

Juliet Leftwich (LCAV) - very near, but tad left of center of pic - a small blond woman with longer wavyish permed hair facing 45 deg to the right addressing 4-5 other people.

Charles Blek (Million Moms etc.) - standing facing viewer at angle, near center of pic - balding older man, grey sportcoat. Husband of Mary Leigh Blek who I think attended this meeting but was not in this pic.Both active in Brady/MMM work. [Their son was killed in NYC in 90s walking around after midnight (drug buy? unclear - he did attend Humboldt State).
The Bleks identify as Republican. When they visit legislators' offices, they're often fairly unwelcome (both parties!) as they are known as 'screamers' and have been asked to leave several times. (Most CA legislators, or at least their aides, will politely hear out polite constituents even if fundamental disagreement on issue.).

Black T-Shirt Women - Brady/MMM staffers. I believe Karen Arntzen was there, just not in this pic.

An aide for Sen. Hollingsworth was there, taking notes.

NRA staff didn't attend because it was already in the bag at a higher level ;-)

Scarecrow Repair
06-15-2012, 5:18 AM
I have almost lost all hope for humanity. These people are THE dumbest people on the planet. I stayed extremely civil the entire debate and it ended up being shut down because the liberal broad on the other end of the debate.....

Hold it right there. If you are calling her a "broad", I suspect your side of the conversation was not quite as civil as you think it was. I understand this quote is not from your facebook chat, it is from your CGN post, but it makes me wonder what you did say in the facebook chat.

Meplat
06-15-2012, 5:54 AM
Hold it right there. If you are calling her a "broad", I suspect your side of the conversation was not quite as civil as you think it was. I understand this quote is not from your facebook chat, it is from your CGN post, but it makes me wonder what you did say in the facebook chat.

How do you know he is not correct; I demand a measurement!! :D

The DRis
06-15-2012, 8:58 AM

I can email you the entire discussion if you would like.