View Full Version : My LE6920CMP - upgrades completed.

06-13-2012, 10:54 AM
I got the Colt LE6920 mid March and for the last several months I've been steadily upgrading components and it's now at a point where I feel it should be.

And After:

* Aimpoint PRO RDS
* Burris 3x Magnifier
* Samson 30mm flip mount
* Troy flip rear BUS
* BMC Gunfighter Medium Charge Handle
* Daniel Defense 7.0" Omega Rail
* Magpul STR collapsible stock with 1/2" cushion

I originally swapped in my Hogue grips from my M&P 15-22, however, the Magpul grip didn't fit all that well onto the M&P; the curve above the webbing of my hand had a very noticeable gap between the grip and the frame, so I swapped it back, but before I put the Magpul grip back on, I decided I do like the "rubber" feel so I got a can of spray-on "Plasti-Dip" and after an alcohol wipe-down of the grip, I applied 3 layers of Plasti-Dip and let it dry over night. From the pictures, you can't tell anything was done to it, but it now has a nice rubber feel to it. It's a thin layer but it's noticeable and feels a bit better than in stock plastic form. The only other MOE is the trigger guard.

The flip MOE rear sight is on my M&P 15-22 which made it much lighter than the standard A2 rear sight that was on it.

The MOE handguard and collapsible stock will just be stored for now in the event I want to return the gun back to stock (highly doubt it but you never know.)

06-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Looks great.

06-13-2012, 1:09 PM
Looks awesome both before AND after!

06-13-2012, 5:04 PM
I like it!

06-13-2012, 5:32 PM
How do you like that Aimpoint Pro with the magnifier?

06-13-2012, 8:40 PM
Haven't had a chance to get to the range with it so no comments. I'm going on vacation this weekend through next weekend so I won't be able to do any shooting until about 2nd week of July. I'll post some results then.