PDA

View Full Version : is it unlawful to open carry in marina del rey? i just read it is unincorporated.

louisianagirl
06-13-2012, 11:28 AM
may i open carry in marina del rey? i just read it is unincorporated and not part of the city of los angeles.

Untamed1972
06-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Would still fall under a "prohibited shooting area" under county ordinance most likely though.

louisianagirl
06-13-2012, 11:35 AM
i see, so shooting is prohibited in all of los angeles county?

jwkincal
06-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Almost. There are some outlying areas that are excepted, but trust me they look nothing like Marina del Rey...

Untamed1972
06-13-2012, 11:44 AM

Any populated urban area would be a "no firearms discharge" area......yes.

Glock22Fan
06-13-2012, 1:33 PM

Not quite. We do have shooting ranges - both indoors and outdoors, and hunting areas. There's also the possibility of other relatively unpopulated areas where shooting is not banned, but it is such a hotchpotch that even people like me (and I live in a relatively unpopulated area) may be unsure where it is banned and where it isn't.

Some of my neighbors do occasionally shoot on their land, and I may have popped a few caps myself (mainly at rattlesnakes threatening me or my animals) without any problems, but we also have a few people fresh out from the city that dial 911 at the slightest "Bang!". I'm pretty sure we have an idiot with a golf ball launcher across the road, judging from the number of golfballs I find close around my house (it would be a several hundred yards uphill drive - pretty far if he's using clubs). Goodness knows how he affords so many! I'd do something about that, but there's a couple of houses that they could be coming from and they aren't the type of people you want to cross, or the golf balls might turn into lead.

Cactus_Tim
06-13-2012, 2:12 PM
We used to hit golf balls with a baseball bat.
They'll fly that far easily.

littlejake
06-13-2012, 2:27 PM

The short answer is yes. But then the language lists exceptions such as ranges...