PDA

View Full Version : Safe Lock , Electric or Manual?

Turk
06-13-2012, 8:22 AM
Im looking at the big horn at cosco but electric locks make me uneasy ? Anyone ever have a problem with them ?

Librarian
06-13-2012, 8:52 AM
Some info in the sticky here -- http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=135167

I prefer electronic, myself. No problems, ever.

bsg
06-13-2012, 12:03 PM
no history with electronic lock on any of the safes i've owned. i've always had safes with manual/dial combination lock; my preference, due in large part to history of good service i've gotten from the manual lock.

common sense would dictate that regardless of the stye of lock used... it's quality would be paramount in importance.

California Safe Outlet
06-13-2012, 2:58 PM
Electronic locks are the most popular, we install them on at least 75% of the safes we sell. In regards to security they are both on the same plane, all of the security components are on the inside of the door. Nothing can be accessed in the keypad to help open the safe without drilling the lock out which is really only done by professionals.
We offer Bighorn safes with the manual dial locks installed at no charge. We match costco pricing as well. Take a look at our thread in the commercial section. Hope this helps.