PDA

View Full Version : New .308 from Sig Sauer 716

reddot15
06-13-2012, 7:31 AM
Just saw this new .308 from Sig and want to know how people feels about this rifle. I can get this gun for about $1900 and don’t know if it worth the money.

ZX-10R
06-13-2012, 8:15 AM
I got a notification that they came into Riflegear...Want one but a new truck is more important. If not, I would be all over one. Anyone want to buy a KX-250F (dirtbike) so I can buy one =)

Knife Edge
06-13-2012, 12:46 PM
The question is, do you trust the A model? Never "fly" the A-model of anything.

In all honesty, it had good reviews, Sig will back it.

GOPOSTALMAIL
06-14-2012, 6:12 PM
I think it worth the money, even though it looks just like a bigger, fatter AR15. Very well & nicely built, looks solid @ sharp, nicer than your average AR15, better Magpul stock & grip, good flip up sights, and then it has free-float medium profile barrel with quad rail forend, short stroke push rod (not DI) with 4 gas settings, hard hitting 308, use common PMAG, grouping & accuracy is outstanding.

I have a short report here : http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=577418

RifleGear still have them in stock for $1,859 CA model, or check this listing http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=291363263

azthig69
06-14-2012, 7:30 PM
The question is, do you trust the A model? Never "fly" the A-model of anything.

In all honesty, it had good reviews, Sig will back it.

Not really an A model... the Sig 716 is the big bro of the Sig 516. Same bcg
design and piston system, other than the caliber everything else is the same.
So I expect similar perfromance and reliability. Just my .02.

RT13
06-15-2012, 1:56 PM
It's a fantastic AR 308 esp for the money. My on,y real gripe about the rifle is the rear folding sight which freely turns. Oherwise, it is a super high quality piece of machinery. IMHO, despite the bad rap Sig has received in the last few years, I believe they are back. Their 556 has been corrected and is now one of the best under rated rifles out there. The 516 has had lots of positive reviews, and though this big brother the 716 is fairly new, it has received nothing but good praises from those who have actually handled one, myself a proud owner included. I sighted in the irons at 150 yards and it is dead on. I now have a Vortex Viper on it and it's a pretty decent tac driver and can hold it's own. Btw, I love the super smooth bcg on it and the simplicity of the design of this rifle. Even though it's the best bang for your buck in the AR308 world, it's still a hefty price at about $2K, and I normally wouldn't spend money like that on a gun, but I've really wanted an AR308 for a while so I just went for it.