PDA

View Full Version : Moving to OC

tbougie
05-17-2007, 1:26 PM
Looking at the laws, I guess I can't bring my Ar's or any hi-gap mags for my XD and M1a. any comments?

Jicko
05-17-2007, 1:48 PM
As ivan mentioned to you on the other thread, here are some of the things you should do:

1) xeno dedicated icon: :xeno:

2) read thru this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56818) first, you should be able to find ALL the answers there

3) provide info about your firearms:
(A) brand of AR, post pics too, that help
(B) XD is fine, "more than 10 rounds" magazines are not
(C) configuration of M1A, post pics too, that help, again

4) were you a CA resident before?

ibanezfoo
05-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Why the heck to OC? Half my friends already left to Arizona and Oregon, the other half of us are trying to get out. Its way too crowded (I sat on the freeway about an hour and a half this morning to go about 10 miles because of a wreck... average time is about 45 minutes for the same drive :mad: ), too expensive, and way too snobby. My neck is WAY too red and unsophisticated to reside here. Theres only a couple indoor ranges, and the outdoor ranges are a bit of a drive.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I ever moved here in the first place... :banghead:

Heh, I'm just bitter... I REALLY don't fit in here at all.

-Bryan

mark3lb
05-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Yep, if I could, I would gladly leave California and never return.

elsolo
05-18-2007, 7:43 AM
Bring as many STI frames as you can afford, this will really help you make new friends and money at the same time.

EricCartmann
05-18-2007, 8:12 AM
if you are a good american, that enjoy freedom and your individual rights, and a firearm enthusiast then I would not move to CA.

if you must move make sure you register your guns within 30 days (60 is the law, but cut the time in half to be safe). all your hi cap mags and your AR will have to stay out of state. you can bring in your AR under certian circumstances (which are a pain).

i do not want to go to jail so when I moved to CA I stored all my guns (even the legal ones) in Arizona with my best friend who is a law enforcement officer there.

you have to register handguns. Every rifle with detachable mag is up to debate if it is legal or not. I assumed before moving there and later found out (ahem corwin) that they will put you in jail first and ask questions later.

shark92651
05-18-2007, 8:40 AM
tbougie,

Kasler list: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf

What brand are your AR's? If they are not specifically banned by make/model you may be able to bring them in if you install a mag lock kit and leave the high-cap mags behind. Another alternative would be to remove the "evil features", namely pistol grips (fore and aft), flashhider, and folding/collapsible stocks. You could then install a fixed stock (A2) and a MonsterMan grip, or a U-15 stock. You can install a muzzle brake or thread protector in place of the flash-hider. Thats pretty much your two options - go "featureless" or go with a "fixed magazine".

Definitely read everything in the post from above and ask if you are unsure about anything. Heck, ask even if you think you know the answer - this is not an area where you want to operate on assumptions.

tango-52
05-18-2007, 8:58 AM
The good thing about moving to OC (as opposed to LA or SD Counties) is that you should be able to get a CCW license if you can articulate a good cause.

ibanezfoo
05-18-2007, 10:34 AM
The good thing about moving to OC (as opposed to LA or SD Counties) is that you should be able to get a CCW license if you can articulate a good cause.

EG. Have lots of money and are white. ;)

-Bryan

tango-52
05-18-2007, 2:33 PM
EG. Have lots of money and are white. ;)

-Bryan
No, that is not true. There are currently nearly 2500 CCWs issued in OC, to regular citizens who can articulate a good cause, and more are being issued every day. Unlike LA County, the good cause is not donating $30k to the Sheriff's reelection or being a Scientologist. If you live in Orange County and can string three or four words together that make sense, you should apply.

Bishop
05-18-2007, 5:52 PM
+1 on the ccw thing. It's not that hard. (just have to wait a bit)

But OC is probably the best part of CA (maybe just socal?). The republican haven. OC is surrounded by the so-called "orange curtain" that protects it from most of the bs in the rest of the state! :D

Not a bad place to stay and fight for our rights.