PDA

View Full Version : Vertical foregrip on pump shotgun: bad idea?

ken158
06-12-2012, 4:15 PM
I recently got a foregrip on my Mossberg 500 Persuader Tactical Tri-Rail, just for ****s and giggles.

I placed it towards the back so that I can still stabilize the gun but rack the slide normally.

Is this a bad idea? I held it and it's a hell of a lot more comfortable than not having one.

Sicarius
06-12-2012, 4:20 PM
With a forward pistol grip, people tend to torque when they pull back and put stress on the rails and receiver.
Kevin

aippi
06-12-2012, 4:34 PM
With a forward pistol grip, people tend to torque when they pull back and put stress on the rails and receiver.
Kevin

Ditto - you will damage the action bars over time and will not realize it till you notice the weapon is not as smooth as it once was. Vertical forends are a Tact-fool accessory that damages your weapon.

06-12-2012, 4:52 PM
Whatever floats your boat! I believe that putting a VFG on a pump shotgun is dumb, though.

MossbergMan
06-12-2012, 7:36 PM
Ditto - you will damage the action bars over time and will not realize it till you notice the weapon is not as smooth as it once was. Vertical forends are a Tact-fool accessory that damages your weapon.

In addition to these issues you will move the muzzle off target when operating the forend and slow your responses to multiple target issues.

"They are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist" Jeff Cooper