PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg Special Purpose 500 Zombie Chainsaw... WTF??

bender152
06-12-2012, 3:37 PM
http://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/s/dsc_0010.jpg

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/mossberge-special-purpose-500-zombie-chainsaw-50461.html

People are ripping this thing on Palmetto's facebook page... and rightfully so.

Sofa King stupid. Mossberg makes the dumbest s**t

This is a slap in the face of the gun community in an attempt to be in with the cool kids and have some product dedicated to zombie eradication.
Makes me glad I don't own anything by Mossberg.

You got to be stupid to buy that. Really, a zombie gun!?!? !

Mossberg has seriously got some of the dumbest products on the market right now.

I was trying to keep it fairly PC, but f**k it. This is a stupid a** idea from a company pumping out some of the dumbest s**t on the market, right up there with all of the piss poor AR-15 manufacturers.... Gun companies who just try and jump on a "niche" in the market and create guns that are essentially useless in any practical manner are a cancer in the hobby.

Dooligan
06-12-2012, 3:42 PM
Yeah...pretty "special".:facepalm:

ymucqmjJs20

stkcode
06-13-2012, 11:45 AM
It seems more and more firearm manufactures are tailoring more and more toward the youth with "video game" firearms. No functional benefits, other then video game antics. Of course, I guess it's really not that much different then buying a shotgun and adding tons of tacti-cool garbage.

I'm still fairly disappointed that there still isn't a toilet paper roll or beer holder that attaches to the pictanny rail yet. Gun manufactures are really behind the times. :D

CK_32
06-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Nothing wrong wih that. If someone will buy it why not make it. It's not like that's their one only shot gun they make now. Don't like it don't buy it. It seems more like a gag funny zombie edition for a laugh and a good time. Nothing wrong with that.

Useless but looks like fun to mess around with if I had the cash to blow. Bet my friends would get a kick out of it too

CK_32
06-13-2012, 11:53 AM
I guess it's really not that much different then buying a shotgun and adding tons of tacti-cool garbage.

:+1: Some of the "usefull" crap people have all over their guns is just as bad if not worse sometimes

negolien
06-13-2012, 1:09 PM
Nothing wrong wih that. If someone will buy it why not make it. It's not like that's their one only shot gun they make now. Don't like it don't buy it. It seems more like a gag funny zombie edition for a laugh and a good time. Nothing wrong with that.

Useless but looks like fun to mess around with if I had the cash to blow. Bet my friends would get a kick out of it too

I agree 100% whatever it takes to help american companies make money and keep people employed I mean wtf. As a side note I saw that weapon - the zombie icon and lights on one of them shooting shows as a breecher was pretty cool imho. If ya don't like t don't buy it why bag on a compnay trying to make ends meet? No wonder our ecomomy is in the tank:TFH:

Mana4real
06-13-2012, 2:11 PM
Didn't they use a gun like that on Top Shot for breaching doors? Or was that something different? It was this last season. Maybe they just renamed and added something to a product they already made???

HatersLOVEme : )
06-13-2012, 5:29 PM
Didn't they use a gun like that on Top Shot for breaching doors? Or was that something different? It was this last season. Maybe they just renamed and added something to a product they already made???

Yeah that is totally the Chainsaw from last season of top gun just with a logo and light on it . It was specifically intended for / designed as a entry device / door breacher .

I'm sure from a general shotgun sales point of view its a sold to a very small market - why not market it to a wider group of buyers it makes perfect sense to me I'm pretty sure Mossberg has a entire line of limited edition edition Zombie guns they would be dumb not to with how popular Zombie stuff has been lately .

If your going to hate on Mossberg for producing Zombie themed stuff you might as well hate on all the other the companies that do so : Ecotech, Spikes Tactical, Hogue, ATI, Taurus, Hornady, Ruger, LaserLyte etc. etc.

Travis590A1
06-13-2012, 8:44 PM
As long as mossberg keeps putting out quality shotguns and keep up the awsome quality control unlike other manufacturers...cough remington cough cough, then I'm fine with it. Besides it will be nice to have an official zombie gun for when they rise from the grave! Muuuuuuaaaahhh. Look at hornandy and eotech they all have products tayloring to the "zombie genre" I've even seen AR lowers with zombie decals and such from some manufactures

CK_32
06-13-2012, 9:06 PM
As long as mossberg keeps putting out quality shotguns and keep up the awsome quality control unlike other manufacturers...cough remington cough cough, then I'm fine with it.

Well I know of one member whos never personally shot an 870 and has rad too many Winchester bulk threads... :cool2:

Travis590A1
06-13-2012, 9:38 PM
Actually I've owned 3 870's and sold them all. My first gun was a 870 express magnum. So :P

Merc1138
06-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Well I know of one member whos never personally shot an 870 and has rad too many Winchester bulk threads... :cool2:

I almost mistook you for Aippi, but then I realized you didn't insult him enough in your reply to his comment about the 870.

mossy
06-14-2012, 7:47 AM
that grip was for breaching doors.......but you know what they say about a fool and his money.

land locked
06-14-2012, 11:54 PM
A Zombie logo on the chainsaw is to help find a new customer base to sell remaining inventory of chainsaw forend grips I suppose. Side note to Mossberg. Metal safety, metal mag tube sleeve with forend on all Mossberg 500's. Bring out the 464 in pistol calibers and a standard synthetic stock.

12voltguy
06-15-2012, 12:33 AM

I agree 100% whatever it takes to help american companies make money and keep people employed I mean wtf. As a side note I saw that weapon - the zombie icon and lights on one of them shooting shows as a breecher was pretty cool imho. If ya don't like t don't buy it why bag on a compnay trying to make ends meet? No wonder our ecomomy is in the tank:TFH:

As long as mossberg keeps putting out quality shotguns and keep up the awsome quality control unlike other manufacturers...cough remington cough cough, then I'm fine with it. Besides it will be nice to have an official zombie gun for when they rise from the grave! Muuuuuuaaaahhh. Look at hornandy and eotech they all have products tayloring to the "zombie genre" I've even seen AR lowers with zombie decals and such from some manufactures

agree 100%

Capybara
06-15-2012, 2:52 PM
You guys have it all wrong. You shouldn't blame Mossberg for this "gun", you should blame the lame consumers who their focus groups and marketing people say will buy this crap. It is the people who buy anything with the word zombie on it that are ridiculous.

I have no doubt that if focus groups, market studies and lame pop culture memes could show that orange troll doll hair fur covered stocks and confetti canons on guns would sell, you would see the industry step up to immediately to supply "badass" orange troll doll hair AR stocks and PSA chrome plated tactical confetti launchers with M4 feed ramps. You guys are blaming the symptom instead of the illness. I don't begrudge Mossberg making this crap because the lame consumers have proven that they WANT it. Companies the size of Mossberg wouldn't waste their time unless it was proven that there was a healthy market clamoring for this.

Barbarossa
06-15-2012, 3:09 PM
Wouldn't that grip make it very difficult to shoot a zombie in the head?

HatersLOVEme : )
06-15-2012, 3:30 PM
I almost mistook you for Aippi, but then I realized you didn't insult him enough in your reply to his comment about the 870.

:rofl:

MossbergMan
06-15-2012, 9:30 PM
Stupid is as Stupid does.....and if some folks think it's the best thing since the inventing of gunpowder more power to them. Originally it was an LE item for door breaching, then the mall ninjas saw it....and this is the extreme of consumer driven marketing.

and even Ford made the Edsel and Pinto.....

Capybara
06-16-2012, 3:08 AM
I suppose this is a cart before the horse question? Did consumers decide a few years ago that they needed to be overwhelmed by idiotic thematic branding for fictitious Zombie-themed merchandise, targets, ammo and guns or did the companies think to themselves, "hmm...if we put Zombies all over our products, the suckers will buy them in droves?"

In the end, it doesn't matter. I am just looking forward to the day when we will stop mixing video games and firearms and get back to becoming safer, more knowledgeable and more politically powerful firearms owners instead of focusing on stupid video game memes when we shoot. If we, as firearms owners, spent half as much time. money and effort toward RKBA, 2A rights, recruiting youth and women into the shooting sports, than we do on stupid Zombie and Tacticool guns and accessories, we would all be much better off.

Ribkick
06-16-2012, 6:11 PM
I suppose this is a cart before the horse question? Did consumers decide a few years ago that they needed to be overwhelmed by idiotic thematic branding for fictitious Zombie-themed merchandise, targets, ammo and guns or did the companies think to themselves, "hmm...if we put Zombies all over our products, the suckers will buy them in droves?"

In the end, it doesn't matter. I am just looking forward to the day when we will stop mixing video games and firearms and get back to becoming safer, more knowledgeable and more politically powerful firearms owners instead of focusing on stupid video game memes when we shoot. If we, as firearms owners, spent half as much time. money and effort toward RKBA, 2A rights, recruiting youth and women into the shooting sports, than we do on stupid Zombie and Tacticool guns and accessories, we would all be much better off.

:thumbsup: Had to quote the whole thing. Well said!

Noah3683
06-16-2012, 9:39 PM
Well look at that. armedandready got himself a new screen name..... anyway not personally not my style but I have seen much much worse.

GW
06-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Its not the first time Mossberg has made a goofy gun.
I submit to you, the Mossberg 500 Bullpup

Yes... I owned one:o

http://www.tucsonguns.com/pic/2009-05/00-05-09-09-0040.jpg

Capybara
06-17-2012, 3:04 AM
At least that bullpup is useful for more than just breaching doors

paratroop
06-17-2012, 9:58 AM
WHOA!!! HEY NOW!!!!!!!!!. That bullpup is awesome! Can we try to not lump that in with the rest of mossbergs gimicky crap? like the JICII "takedown", roadblocker, and didnt they come out with a tactical lever gun? or was that someone else?

12voltguy
06-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Its not the first time Mossberg has made a goofy gun.
I submit to you, the Mossberg 500 Bullpup

Yes... I owned one:o

http://www.tucsonguns.com/pic/2009-05/00-05-09-09-0040.jpg

At least that bullpup is useful for more than just breaching doors

WHOA!!! HEY NOW!!!!!!!!!. That bullpup is awesome! Can we try to not lump that in with the rest of mossbergs gimicky crap? like the JICII "takedown", roadblocker, and didnt they come out with a tactical lever gun? or was that someone else?

I still own one;)
will trade for KSG:TFH:

CK_32
06-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Wow that bull pup is UGLY!!!

And we can only blame our selves... Look at all the fools that bought the zombie ammo. I know there is at least a few learning in this thread. Just as useless but funny and cool to some people. If you build it some will come