View Full Version : Putting handguns in a longgun locker

06-12-2012, 8:44 AM
I have the doj-approved stack on gun locker. It holds 8 rifles and has a litttle 4 inch deep shelf at the top. I want to know of an effecient way to put my handguns in there too. The walls are just a sheet of metal with no felt or anything.

I was thinking of putting a bunch of velcro on the walls and getting velcro holsters, but i dont know how that will hold up in the long run. The top shelf isnt big enough to use pistol hangers or anything besides small ammo boxes.

Anyone have tips?

06-12-2012, 9:41 AM
I cannot for the life of me find a link to it, but I recall seeing magnetic pistol holders at Turners that should be good to allow you to stick them on the inside of the door or the inside walls.

ETA: Found it.

06-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I did see that at turner's. I dont remember the exact price, but for 6 of them it came up to be almost $140.

I did but the handgun racks ...that I had to resell on the marketplace for half price because the gas to drive back and return it wasnt worth it lol.

After searching, I did find this :

Not sure how stable velcro is. I would also have to buy a big sheet of velcro to attach to my wall. hmm

06-12-2012, 2:13 PM
Definitely a lot more affordable. If you could securely attach a large sheet of velcro to the inside of your gun locker that would definitely be the way to go. One person in the reviews mentioned that they do not hold very well for heavier guns, so you may want to stick with the shelf for any 1911s or other metal framed pistols you have, but I am sure any polymer frame gun will be fine with the velcro.

06-13-2012, 1:51 PM
I mounted those 3M style adhesive wall HOOKS onto the sides of my locker. I made absolutely sure that they would be secure when I hung a pistol by the trigger guard by reinforcing the hooks with black duct tape. Nothing fancy, just make sure those hooks are able to hold the weight of your handgun.

06-13-2012, 9:09 PM
Could i see a picture of how you did it?