View Full Version : 80% lowers question

06-11-2012, 8:46 PM
I've lost a thread that I had not finished reading regarding 80% lowers. The feeling was that people were buying them up before laws changed and they became unavailable either without being DROS'ed or possibly unavailable all together. I intended on returning to the thread to understand the discussion, but now I can't find it. Anyone here know what this might have been about?

06-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Actually... the shortage of 80%'s is probably partly people buying them up, but also the AR market in general affects the supply of raw forgings used to make 80%'s. The 80% makers, as well as the Stags, S&W's, Spikes Tactical of the world all pretty much get their forgings from the same few places.
I could be wrong, but that's my take on it from what I've heard 3rd hand.

06-11-2012, 10:42 PM
80% forgings are extremely unlikely to become regulated items.

06-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Having spoken to Tactical Machining, they are not far behind with their orders, but they will not allow people to backorder online excessively. You can call them to place an order.

If you are looking for an 80% lower, I have an un-anodized TM one which I probably won't use, pm me with your location.

06-12-2012, 2:13 PM
Thanks everyone. I wish I could find that thread again, but this is all good info.

06-13-2012, 8:32 AM
Yup, they ain't going away... it's just supply trying to keep up with increasing demand.