PDA

View Full Version : 20gauge Remington Wingmaster folding stock suggestions needed

oneyedeer
06-11-2012, 1:27 PM
Just picked up an old 870 Wingmaster and going to be using it for Home HD and a lil quail/dove hunting(hopefully :) Well the original stock is in great shape and i kinda want to perserve it by just storing it. It would be a shame if I ding it up in the field. So I'm looking for a folding stock and pistol grip. First question is it legal in California for me you have a folding stock with a pistol grip? Second question is 20/12 gauge make a difference in stock size? This is my first shot gun so bare with me :) Finally, suggestions of specific brand and model. Also reviews of your existing one if you don't like or love it.

Also any advice on ammo capcity upgrade

thanks ahead for the advice...

aippi
06-11-2012, 1:44 PM
depends how old of a Wingmaster 20ga. If the serial number ends in the letter "N or X then it is built on a 12ga receiver and you can use any 12ga 870 stock. If the serial number ends in the letter "U" it is on a 20ga receiver or what is called light weight and I know of no folding stocks made for that model. Could be some out there in the budget line that I don't know about.

oneyedeer
06-11-2012, 2:08 PM
serial number ends with X