View Full Version : First time with a new friend at the range.

06-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Well, today was the day! After much anticipation, I finally had my first range day with my Smith & Wesson M&P-15 Sport. Took her to Iron Sights in O-Side.

I can honestly say that I am ALL smiles! This was the second time Ive shot a rifle and the first time shooting a rifle i owned. Im very pleased with its manners! wonderful feel, and great balance. I suppose all AR style rifles feel similar, but this one is mine and shes not going anywhere! :D

I would comment about accuracy but will refrain for two reasons:

1. Never have had any formal training and what might be good for me may be horrible for others. Lol but lets just say that 7/10 shots fired killed the bad guy. ;)

2. It was only at a distance of about 25 yards. Ive got to believe that any rifle can shoot well at 25 yards. Ive yet to really find an outdoor range around here. Ive seen a few, but they are clubs and I dont know if they are open to the public. Soon as I find one, Im going and getting as much trigger time as my budget can allow!

Great day, cant say enough good things about my S&W. What a great rifle! :D Would upload pics, but my phone is being retarded atm. boo!

06-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Congrats on a great day.:)

06-11-2012, 6:27 AM
Sounds good. Some ranges offer training on the fundamentals of shooting and safety. Not a bad idea and typically these classes are a lot of fun.

Congrats on the new rifle. The M&P 15 Sport is a nice one.

06-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Where do you live? Maybe I or someone else on here can assist you on finding an outdoor range.

06-11-2012, 1:30 PM
He lives in Oceanside

there is South Bay Rod and gun club down south