PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun ammunition question?

troy2die
06-10-2012, 8:59 PM
Hi i live in Lake Tahoe (placer county) and my car is broken down so i cannot travel to a gun shop to buy ammunition for my 12ga. im wondering if its legal to have a case of shells shipped to my PO box or my home address? can you guys help me our please?

WDE91
06-10-2012, 9:04 PM
I guess the question is what type of ammo you are looking for?

Walmart is always a good option

Ys it will mostly be fine to ship ammo to you

PoorRichRichard
06-10-2012, 9:10 PM
Not sure about the PO box, but sure, you can have it shipped to your house.

CK_32
06-10-2012, 9:17 PM
Check your online supplier they usually have their own policy and say weather they will or won't.

Quiet
06-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Shipped ammo requires an adult signature.
So, ammo tends not to be shipped to a PO Box.

forgiven
06-11-2012, 12:42 AM
^^^+1

stix213
06-11-2012, 2:24 AM

Not necessarily. All the online ammo places I use don't require any signature. (aimsurplus.com, ammunitiontogo.com). I did have to send a copy of my DL. The only ammo I've had to sign for before was from Alexander Arms.

PEZHEAD265
06-11-2012, 4:21 AM
Sgammo dosn't require a signature and there prices and service are great.

TacticalPlinker
06-11-2012, 6:24 AM

A lot of vendors don't require it and what's funny is those who do, I've also found that UPS or FedEx or USPS delivery person does not ask me for it. I rarely sign for any package.

Also, when using a P.O. Box, packages are too large to fit into a small box, so you'll most likely have to pick them up from an actual employee at the counter, which may or may not have you sign for it.

As another poster mentioned, some vendors will require a copy of your ID or DL via e-mail or fax, but thankfully most do not.

Also keep in mind some counties like Los Angeles might have restrictions of ammunition shipment and the vendor may not ship because of it or it won't reach you. I don't think you have to worry about it, but those laws do exist.

tpuig
06-11-2012, 1:45 PM
You shouldn't have any problems getting it shipped to your home, as long as Fed Ex or UPS can find it. Wait for a $5 shipping from Cabelas...
Or find one of your neighbors heading to Reno and catch a ride.