PDA

View Full Version : SCAR 16 Weapon Sight

tai
06-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Hi every one, I am looking for Weapon Sight for my Scar 16 and I am not sure which one to get, My choices are Aimponit, Trijicon and Eotech, can any one who has it on the weapon, let me know what are the advantage and disadvantage. Thank you very much for your time.

m03
06-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Question is too generic. You need to disclose what kind of shooting you'll be doing, maximum range you expect to shoot accurately, etc. If you have a stigmatism, that may factor in as well.

There is no single best answer. It all depends on your plans and expectations. If you haven't spent much time with the iron sights, some would tell you to skip the optic and spend your money on ammo and training / range time.

weber_2
06-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Leapers

nitroxdiver
06-10-2012, 11:01 AM
I have an eotech EXPS3-0 tan on mine. When I want magnification, I pull off the eotech (it has a lever QD) and put on an acog TA31RCO-M4. Both work great on the SCAR. Have fun, great rifle. Any of your choices would be great. For eotech, the EXPS-3 would be the best option imho because it takes up the least amount of space and doesnt interfear with using the charging handle. The 55x series are bigger and your hand will most likely hit it when actuating the CH. No problems with the ACOG either. Aimpoint would depend on which mount you use. QRP knob would probably get in the way. Larue QD levers would probably not.
Good luck, have fun.

tai
06-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Question is too generic. You need to disclose what kind of shooting you'll be doing, maximum range you expect to shoot accurately, etc. If you have a stigmatism, that may factor in as well.

There is no single best answer. It all depends on your plans and expectations. If you haven't spent much time with the iron sights, some would tell you to skip the optic and spend your money on ammo and training / range time.

Thank you for your suggestion, what I am basically use it for close range use, what I will say about with in 150 yard. Thank you

m03
06-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Aimpoint H1 with an ADM or Larue 1/3rd co-witness mount would probably be good, as it would help keep the weight down. If you find that you need magnification, you can always add a 3x magnifier or pick up a separate 1-4x scope.

motogenius
06-10-2012, 4:10 PM
I got a great deal on my rifle which came with the aimpoint comp ml2...works great for close range. A little on the pricey side but so are the other ones you listed. I think you'll be happy with any of them mounted correctly. They are all great top notch

TZL
06-10-2012, 4:46 PM
First rifle?