PDA

View Full Version : Another transport question

erik_26
06-10-2012, 8:56 AM
A guy I know had his shotgun confiscated by police because it was in his truck mounted gun rack and the rack was not locked.

-------
For the sake of argument, I don't know all the details. He lives in a real rural area and says he was no where near a school (I don't know if the Officer even accused of him being in a GFSZ). There may or may not have been underlying circumstances that could have contributed to the gun seizure. I don't know, I wasn't there.
-------

Please correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it. You may transport an unloaded long gun (Excluding RAW) unlocked in plain sight (truck mounted gun rack for example) as long as you are not in a GFSZ. Right or wrong?

Could one of you super smart guys be kind enough to post the PC this?

Thanks

taperxz
06-10-2012, 9:07 AM
You have the law correct. Underlying circumstances are also very important.

Librarian
06-10-2012, 10:56 AM
A guy I know had his shotgun confiscated by police because it was in his truck mounted gun rack and the rack was not locked.

-------
For the sake of argument, I don't know all the details. He lives in a real rural area and says he was no where near a school (I don't know if the Officer even accused of him being in a GFSZ). There may or may not have been underlying circumstances that could have contributed to the gun seizure. I don't know, I wasn't there.
-------

Please correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it. You may transport an unloaded long gun (Excluding RAW) unlocked in plain sight (truck mounted gun rack for example) as long as you are not in a GFSZ. Right or wrong?

Could one of you super smart guys be kind enough to post the PC this?

Thanks

Can't, because the PC does not address transporting a long gun, unless it's a RAW.

Federal GFSZ requires long guns to be locked up while passing through, but locked in a trunk, locked in a case, or locked in a gun rack all are exceptions.

See the wiki article -- http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Transporting