PDA

View Full Version : Frenchy relocating to East Bay area in August

Steve_lz
06-10-2012, 6:17 AM
Hi all,
I just joined the forum and wanted to use the opportunity to introduce myself...
I am french and passionate about guns since I am 12yo (I am 38yo now).
In August I'll relocate from Germany to the East Bay Area and I am very excited about this.
Target shooting and long range shooting (up to 1000m) is how I use my current guns (Desert Eagle .50AE, S&W745, S&W629 Classic, Colt AR-15 sporter II, SIG 552, Springfield M1A SOCOM II and Accuracy International AW .300WMag)
I am looking forward to gain some good information about gun practice in the bay area and may be meet some of you on the range soon!
Cheers, Steve.

bsg
06-10-2012, 7:03 AM
welcome to the forum.

den888
06-10-2012, 7:11 AM
Welcome!

SwPx4
06-10-2012, 7:35 AM
Welcome from the East Bay.

rkt88edmo
06-10-2012, 7:38 AM
http://www.dragunov.net/bay_area_ranges.htm

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
06-10-2012, 8:18 AM
welcome

SoCal Bob
06-10-2012, 8:31 AM
Hi Steve, welcome to Calguns and California.

shooperman
06-10-2012, 8:44 AM
Welcome to calguns.

MrExel17
06-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Welcome to Calguns!

MIAMIbaseballer
06-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Welcome aboard... Where in the east bay?

bballwizard05
06-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Hey welcome to calguns. Maybe I'm showing some ignorance here, but I was under the impression that those guns you listed aren't allowed in Europe? I don't know I just thought the regulations would keep you from having those?

Did I miss something?

Steve_lz
06-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Welcome aboard... Where in the east bay?

Haven't found a home yet but probably in the Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara area.
Cheers,
Steve

Steve_lz
06-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Hey welcome to calguns. Maybe I'm showing some ignorance here, but I was under the impression that those guns you listed aren't allowed in Europe? I don't know I just thought the regulations would keep you from having those?

Did I miss something?

Well they are generally not allowed for buying just by going to a gun shop. But you can legally get a permit if you belong to a gun shooting club, regularly practice and of course if you never broke the law. It's a lot of paperwork...you need patience...the police does some investigations on you...but it is possible.

I have got such a permit for every guns I have listed here.
I must even say that with such a permit I am currently able to own guns that even you guns can't....like a SIG 552 commando assault gun with a 9inch barrel.
Cheers, Steve.

bish0p
06-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Welcome Steve. The cities you named are located in the South Bay. There are several ranges in the South Bay. If you want to shoot long range you'll head north to Sacramento. You could also shoot on BLM land.

bballwizard05
06-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Sounds good! Glad to know after all the paperwork you get some fun stuff that even I can't have. I'd still take the gun policies here over those! :D

Hope you find you are able to take your hobby to the next level here!

johnthomas
06-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Welcome to Calguns. I must say, your command of the english language is near perfect.
Your knowledge of the geography of the area seems more like a local. Our community here on calguns is made up of folks from all walks of life. Don't take everyone here serious, our American sense of humor sometimes rub folks the wrong way. Explore our gun laws before you bring anything over the pond. Our gun rights in California are amongst the tightest in the nation. In it's quest to make California safe from criminals, law abiding citizens are the ones that suffer the most.

Steve_lz
06-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcome.:):):) Feels really good...I am sure I will enjoy my life in the South Bay (sorry for this little mistake).

It looks like it's the same everywhere. In Europe the same things happens each time they are some headlines about gun violence...the legal owners get forced to comply to new rules and of course it doesn't change anything about criminality because by essence criminality ignores rules.

The big difference I already noticed between Europe and US is that people are not looking at you with suspicious eyes when you take about your gun passion.
I always felt like I have got a mental disease :D

Cheers, Steve

bballwizard05
06-10-2012, 12:28 PM
You may still feel that in South Bay to some extent, haha.

Steve_lz
06-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Welcome Steve. The cities you named are located in the South Bay. There are several ranges in the South Bay. If you want to shoot long range you'll head north to Sacramento. You could also shoot on BLM land.

I would have a question about BLM land. If I am right you can just put your target and shoot in those areas (of course making sure that there will be nothing behind your target that would be damaged or hurt)...can you confirm?

This sounds really, really cool. In Europe you would be arrested within a minute :D
I don't think I will feel confident enough to try this out on my own but if I find someone to come with me the first times I would love to try that out.
Is this also allowed for long range...I mean here in Europe we dream about those cool Magpul vid where you see Costa shooting in the desert on a 800yard target...:D

Thanks and cheers, Steve.

bballwizard05
06-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I would have a question about BLM land. If I am right you can just put your target and shoot in those areas (of course making sure that there will be nothing behind your target that would be damaged or hurt)...can you confirm?

This sounds really, really cool. In Europe you would be arrested within a minute :D
I don't think I will feel confident enough to try this out on my own but if I find someone to come with me the first times I would love to try that out.
Is this also allowed for long range...I mean here in Europe we dream about those cool Magpul vid where you see Costa shooting in the desert on a 800yard target...:D

Thanks and cheers, Steve.

I'm glad I saw this post on calguns today. Here in California we are constantly struggling with new, stupid pointless gun laws. But the freedom we have even here in California to shoot for free in a lot of places all over the state is sometimes taken for granted. Tomorrow I'm going out on some empty piece of government land, and I'm going to shoot, and even if I get a visit from a Warden, I won't get in trouble.

I'm truly excited for you to experience the joys of relative gun freedom here in the U.S.

zod
06-10-2012, 1:36 PM
Welcome to Calguns and the PRK.

frankDmole
06-11-2012, 7:14 AM
Welcome to CalGuns, Steve.

.22guy
06-11-2012, 2:12 PM
Welcome to Calguns! :)

DeanW66
06-11-2012, 8:04 PM
Welcome aboard! Sounds like a very fun arsenal you have.

Special Agent R
06-11-2012, 8:53 PM
Welcome

fighterpilot562
06-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Welcome to calguns

h0use
06-12-2012, 9:14 AM
welcome