PDA

View Full Version : No Ammo to San Francisco?

tonelar
06-10-2012, 3:02 AM
Hi Palmetto,
Is this a new policy of yours? San Francisco ordinance has not changed recently. Other online vendors ship ammo into SF with no restrictions.
Thanks

tleeocinca
06-10-2012, 6:34 AM
It's more of a policy on Palmetto's side. They do the same thing to LA, Sac and a few others. This is the price we pay for tolerating scum, criminals, creeps, prostitutes and other non desirables in our city.

tonelar
06-10-2012, 1:33 PM
So, someone living in a city populated by undesireables is ignored by PSA?

I thought Palmetto was better than Cheaper Than Dirt... I guess they aren't.

The only ordinance I could find is one written for brick and mortar retailers in the city of SF.

Palmetto State Armory
06-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Hi Palmetto,
Is this a new policy of yours? San Francisco ordinance has not changed recently. Other online vendors ship ammo into SF with no restrictions.
Thanks

We have never intentionally shipped ammunition to San Francisco that I'm aware of. We recently removed Sacramento from the list of restricted areas.

I'd be interested in seeing official documentation stating that it isn't illegal to ship ammunition to San Francisco. We may be able to revise our shipping policy if it is legal to do so.

roushstage2
06-12-2012, 4:10 PM
Here's this semi-recent thread about the topic: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=538476

and one more: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=577079

pTa
06-14-2012, 9:17 PM
It's perfectly legal to ship ammunition into San Francisco. The only city code affecting sales and record keeping pertaint o brick and mortar sellers in San Francisco/

SEC. 615. RECORDS OF AMMUNITION SALES.

(a) Definitions.

(1) "Firearm ammunition," as used in this Section, shall include any ammunition for use in any pistol or revolver, or semiautomatic rifle or assault weapon, but shall not include ammunition for shotguns that contains shot that is No. 4 or smaller.

(2) "Semiautomatic rifle," as used in this Section, shall mean any repeating rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.

(3) "Assault weapon," as used in this Section, shall mean any of the weapons designated in California Penal Code Section 12276 or 12276.1.

(4) "Vendor," as used in this Section, shall mean any person who is engaged in the sale of firearm ammunition, including any retail firearms dealer.

(b) No vendor shall sell or otherwise transfer ownership of any firearm ammunition without at the time of purchase recording the following information on a form to be prescribed by the Chief of Police: (1) the name of the vendor (including the name of the specific individual) transferring ownership to the transferee; (2) the place where the transfer occurred; (3) the date and time of the transfer; (4) the name, address and date of birth of the transferee; (5) the transferee's driver's license number, or other identification number, and the state in which it was issued; (6) the brand, type and amount of ammunition transferred; and (7) the transferee's signature.

(c) The records required by this Section shall be maintained on the premises of the vendor for a period of not less than two years from the date of the recorded transfer. Said records shall be subject to inspection at any time during normal business hours.

(d) No person shall knowingly make a false entry in, or fail to make a required entry in, or fail to maintain in the required manner records prepared in accordance herewith. No person shall refuse to permit a police department employee to examine any record prepared in accordance with this Section during any inspection conducted pursuant to this Section.
Sander77

//The above was written to affect San Francisco businesses that sold amunition/ It was not intended to have retailers outside city limits keep records available to sfpd (evident when reading the ordinance /especially with an ey etowards these details*)/ It'sb een interpreted differently by various online sellers for sure/ Please sell amunition to San Franciscans who fight regularly for their freedoms//

*section 3c specifically states "...maintained on the premises of the vendor... subject to inspection at any time during normal business hours..."

//Maybe someone can get the right people to weigh in on this?//

Bizcuits
06-15-2012, 3:06 PM
We recently removed Sacramento from the list of restricted areas.

So you do ship to Sacramento then? Because I placed an order Wednesday and noticed the money was pulled from my account, then sent right back in, I'd assumed it was, because of my Sacramento address.... :(

roushstage2
06-16-2012, 2:28 AM
So you do ship to Sacramento then? Because I placed an order Wednesday and noticed the money was pulled from my account, then sent right back in, I'd assumed it was, because of my Sacramento address.... :(It's my understanding that shipping ammo to the actual county is OK, but if your address is within the city limits, then it is prohibited. That is a city of Sacramento thing. I don't know where your address falls; just sharing the info. :)

However, PSA has a thread in their forum that says specifically within the city limits of Sacramento, but this thread says it has been removed. Hmm.

Bizcuits
06-16-2012, 10:22 AM
It's my understanding that shipping ammo to the actual county is OK, but if your address is within the city limits, then it is prohibited. That is a city of Sacramento thing. I don't know where your address falls; just sharing the info. :)

However, PSA has a thread in their forum that says specifically within the city limits of Sacramento, but this thread says it has been removed. Hmm.

Yea it's confusing... I'm in Sac City sadly, but my order is still processing on their website. Tried calling and am not getting any answers =(

Slightly annoying, because if my orders not being taken due to my location, there's other places with equally good fathers day sales going on, but I don't want to place an order with them, with this orders status still up in the air. :(

roushstage2
06-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Looked around some more, and found this:
http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/Sacramento_County_Internet_Ammo_Orders-2009-12-03.pdf

Seems even Sac City says internet orders are OK.

tonelar
07-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Anything further from Palmetto?

hchan42
07-31-2012, 6:59 PM
update?

spetsnaz
08-08-2012, 5:17 PM
no ammo to sacramento? what am i suppose to do?

Tripper
08-08-2012, 5:21 PM
It's more of a policy on Palmetto's side. They do the same thing to LA, Sac and a few others. This is the price we pay for tolerating scum, criminals, creeps, prostitutes and other non desirables in our city.

i was going to mention that you forgot 'politicians' but notice you said scum.

my bad, carry on

tonelar
04-20-2014, 10:12 PM
We have never intentionally shipped ammunition to San Francisco that I'm aware of. We recently removed Sacramento from the list of restricted areas.

I'd be interested in seeing official documentation stating that it isn't illegal to ship ammunition to San Francisco. We may be able to revise our shipping policy if it is legal to do so.

So, I'm guessing this never came to pass. Should someone fax you guys the information?

tonelar
05-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Bump

ervaztec
05-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Sportsman's Guide overly restricts the shipment of legal gun parts to all of California,

tonelar
05-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Sportsman's Guide overly restricts the shipment of legal gun parts to all of California,

And numerous mail order retailers ship ammo into San Francisco. It's odd that PSA won't.

artoaster
05-05-2014, 1:04 PM
Talked to SG today after they sent email offering discounted ammo. I go through process of ordering only to find it's restricted to California in general and by zip code as well. I tell the guy SG sucks because they won't ship when other companies will and all he can do is tell me it's California's fault for having legislators who pass laws regarding firearms.

Bottom line is these companies are the problem as well. If they won't research the laws and put pressure on the states for restricting their business then they don't deserve the business. They should fight along with us not cave in to politics when it hurts their industry.

Deranged Corgi
05-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Talked to SG today after they sent email offering discounted ammo. I go through process of ordering only to find it's restricted to California in general and by zip code as well. I tell the guy SG sucks because they won't ship when other companies will and all he can do is tell me it's California's fault for having legislators who pass laws regarding firearms.

Bottom line is these companies are the problem as well. If they won't research the laws and put pressure on the states for restricting their business then they don't deserve the business. They should fight along with us not cave in to politics when it hurts their industry.

SG as in SGammo? I bought a couple bricks from them and they shipped it to SGV. Came wrapped in a ton of packaging tape though.

artoaster
05-06-2014, 7:39 AM
SG as in Sportsman Guide, sorry.

Palmetto State Armory
05-07-2014, 1:26 PM
So, I'm guessing this never came to pass. Should someone fax you guys the information?

If you'll send the fax to 803-736-6756, we will review the information and go from there.

glad5tone
05-07-2014, 2:56 PM
The city ordinance says vendors are supposed to email the chief of police when someone in SF buys 500 or more rounds of ammo. The vendor is supposed to provide the buyers name, address, driver's license number, DOB, place of transaction, and brand/type/amount of ammo. what a joke!

tonelar
06-06-2014, 10:16 AM
The city ordinance says vendors are supposed to email the chief of police when someone in SF buys 500 or more rounds of ammo. The vendor is supposed to provide the buyers name, address, driver's license number, DOB, place of transaction, and brand/type/amount of ammo. what a joke!

glad5tone,
Can you link this to me or to this thread?
I'd really appreciate it.