PDA

View Full Version : Modesto Bee reports that Stanislaus County Gun Permits Rise Sharpely

HowardW56
06-09-2012, 9:26 PM
Stanislaus gun permits rise sharply after 2010 pledge by sheriff

By Garth Stapley
gstapley@modbee.com (gstapley@modbee.com)
Saturday, Jun. 09, 2012Saturday, Jun. 09, 2012

When Ollie Usher heard Stanislaus County Sheriff Adam Christianson publicly pledge to be more generous with gun permits two years ago, he wasn't sure whether the election-season promise was a campaign stunt or a significant policy shift.

Scores in the pro-gun audience that night probably wondered the same thing. More than a thousand people, including Usher, apparently decided to try their luck.

And nearly all won the right to legally carry concealed firearms, turning Stanislaus County into the region's latest gun-friendly place to be.

Further down in the article...
"Calguns Foundation, which tracks trends in California, says Stanislaus County's 81 percent increase in concealed-carry permits last year dwarfs rates elsewhere in the San Joaquin Valley. Christianson's change of heart put Stanislaus fourth among the state's 58 counties for the biggest percentage rise in civilian permits, trailing only Sacramento, Contra Costa and Ventura counties."

Article Here (http://www.modbee.com/2012/06/09/2235065/stanislaus-gun-permits-rise-sharply.html)

wildhawker
06-09-2012, 9:28 PM
Garth is a friend. Glad our data could be of service.

HowardW56
06-09-2012, 9:32 PM
Garth is a friend. Glad our data could be of service.

It helps to have friends...

DiscoBayJoe
06-09-2012, 9:43 PM
Trailing Contra Costa?

Are people actually getting LTC here or is the issued number so low that any number of new LTC shows as a signficant percantage?

Fjold
06-10-2012, 8:59 AM
Trailing Contra Costa?

Are people actually getting LTC here or is the issued number so low that any number of new LTC shows as a signficant percantage?

The second part of your question.

akirpal78
06-10-2012, 9:14 AM
I saw that in my
morning paper but haven't read it yet. look forward to it.

Kid Stanislaus
06-10-2012, 10:42 AM
I was one of those who thought maybe the sheriff was going to pull a switcheroo after the election but the man has been good for his word. When the next election comes along I'll be making a nice donation to his campaign.

dtp
06-10-2012, 6:06 PM
Uh oh... I should have applied last week when I got the notion. Now I'll probably have to wait even longer because this article will likely spur on a multitude of applications.

It is good news though.

dantodd
06-10-2012, 6:26 PM
Uh oh... I should have applied last week when I got the notion. Now I'll probably have to wait even longer because this article will likely spur on a multitude of applications.

It is good news though.

Print out the app tonight and take it in first thing tomorrow AM.

G17GUY
06-10-2012, 8:11 PM
schedule an appointment online

Gary13
06-10-2012, 8:25 PM
What kind of handgun was that in the picture? Looks like soviet block, like a mak.

I wish CCW was a option in SJ county.

dtp
06-10-2012, 9:31 PM
Print out the app tonight and take it in first thing tomorrow AM.

Yeah I thought about doing that but I have my own political battle to win at home before I can do it. I've successfully jumped the ownership hurdle and now I am working on the carry permit. This article actually was a good talking point for us and she is beginning to understand my side of things a little more. She's slowly coming around... won't be too much longer. :cool:

G17GUY
06-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Yeah I thought about doing that but I have my own political battle to win at home before I can do it. I've successfully jumped the ownership hurdle and now I am working on the carry permit. This article actually was a good talking point for us and she is beginning to understand my side of things a little more. She's slowly coming around... won't be too much longer. :cool:

it is easyer to ask for forgiveness

morfeeis
06-11-2012, 6:04 AM
What kind of handgun was that in the picture? Looks like soviet block, like a mak.

I wish CCW was a option in SJ county.
Or here in LA County.

Congrats to those who can get their LTC and i hate you at the same time.

Kid Stanislaus
06-11-2012, 8:21 PM
Or here in LA County.

Congrats to those who can get their LTC and i hate you at the same time.

Less than two years ago I was right in the same boat, I know how you feel. I'll drink a double shot of Wild Turkey to the day EVERY Californite is given back the right to protection from the criminal element no matter where he/she is. Until then............:mad: