PDA

View Full Version : OH police chief comes around

vantec08
06-09-2012, 5:36 PM
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8384

"I was concerned people with no valid reason for having the permit would carry guns with them all the time," Teets said. "As it turns out, that concern was without basis. We have had almost no trouble in law enforcement. Really, I didn't see that we could say no to people that were just business owners trying to protect their stores."

NoJoke
06-09-2012, 7:40 PM
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8384

"I was concerned people with no valid reason for having the permit would carry guns with them all the time," Teets said. "As it turns out, that concern was without basis. We have had almost no trouble in law enforcement. Really, I didn't see that we could say no to people that were just business owners trying to protect their stores."

For emphasis. To EVERY SHERIFF in the world. I took the liberty of simplifying the statement just a bit - for greater accuracy in truth. :rolleyes:

"I was concerned people with no valid reason for having the permit would carry guns with them all the time," Teets said. "As it turns out, that concern was without basis. We have had almost no trouble in law enforcement. Really, I didn't see that we could say no to people."

el chivo
06-10-2012, 2:25 AM
"I still contend that the criminal element that has guns and carries them are going to do it whether a permit makes it legal or not," Teets said.

DUH....................

Maestro Pistolero
06-10-2012, 7:08 AM
He should have been concerned that screened, licensed citizens wouldn't carry all the time. And cops, of all people, should understand that there is ALWAYS a reason to be armed, just like there is ALWAYS a reason for life vests, even when the boat isn't presently sinking.

But progress is progress, Good for him.

cadurand
06-10-2012, 7:14 AM
You left off:

"..that were just business owners trying to protect their stores."

This seems to be a pretty big qualification on the Sherriff's part, No?

He's really only saying he's OK with store owners carrying in their stores.

SanPedroShooter
06-10-2012, 7:17 AM
It literally seems to take every CLEO in every state and county fighting the process, then seeing it work to change their mind.

We have seen this in every place Second Amendment rights have been restored somewhat with a permit system. I guess I dont blame them for not taking someones word for it, but this story could have come from any cop in any state for the last 15 years...

Its the same story every single time.

jdberger
06-10-2012, 7:22 AM
No sh$t, Chief.

Toby Hoover and the rest of the Antis were lying to you.

NoJoke
06-10-2012, 7:27 AM
You left off:

"..that were just business owners trying to protect their stores."

This seems to be a pretty big qualification on the Sherriff's part, No?

He's really only saying he's OK with store owners carrying in their stores.

And I stated why I did so. Seems these guys need to take baby steps toward the truth - so I took the liberty to move his statement where it eventually will end.

But, yeah - lets celebrate the opening to eyes and minds to the truth of what the framers knew - that the people have a right to self defense via keeping and bearing arms.

That constitution that they're sworn to uphold is a sound piece of bedrock that has been thoroughly tested and CAN be trusted.

nick
06-10-2012, 10:55 AM
It literally seems to take every CLEO in every state and county fighting the process, then seeing it work to change their mind.

We have seen this in every place Second Amendment rights have been restored somewhat with a permit system. I guess I dont blame them for not taking someones word for it, but this story could have come from any cop in any state for the last 15 years...

Its the same story every single time.

And that's why exercising a right shouldn't be up to government bureaucrats/agents. And their opinions on the said rights should be irrelevant when legislating around these rights. And pigs can fly.

alfred1222
06-10-2012, 3:30 PM
Hey, at least he came around