PDA

View Full Version : Going featureless with an arsenal.

Gruber51
06-09-2012, 12:55 PM
I am thinking of going featureless with my arsenal slg. I ordered a solar wrap, I have the stock muzzle break, and a fixed buttstock. Now for the questions.

1) how do you remove the stock arsenal ak mag lock? What does this entail?

2) I ordered a left hand, fixed stock, hogue model (I currently have the hogue grip). What does left hand vs. Right hand mean? Hogue grip is already very thick will the wrap make it severly worse?

Thanks

MrPlink
06-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Do you have arsenal designated ca mag lock? Little tricky if you do.

Gruber51
06-09-2012, 1:00 PM
Yep

Chaos47
06-09-2012, 1:05 PM
Left vs Right on Solar Tactical Wraps means that the flat part is on the opposite side then it is designated. Generally whatever hand you use you order that type. It will let the palm of your hand near your wrist go a bit more around the grip. Yes it will increase girth the kydex is about 2mm thick

Richard Erichsen
06-09-2012, 2:18 PM
Solar Tactical also make an ambidextrous version for anything, sometimes you have to email to get them to do this, the drop down doesn't always supply that option. The downside is the ambidextrous is deemed by some to be "equally uncomfortable" in both hands. Your Mileage May Vary.

R

Gruber51
06-09-2012, 6:15 PM
Has anyone removed the arsenal bullet button.

Gruber51
06-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Anybody?

stix213
06-11-2012, 2:10 AM
My Arsenal SGL-21 I got recently has a real mag catch, so I've only replaced a mag catch on my other Saiga.

But from pics of the SGL-23 it looks to me like you'll need to drill out the mag catch pivot pin, and remove their lock that way. I don't know if it is secured in a second location too. Then you'll probably just need a new mag catch, mag catch spring, and mag catch pivot pin. You can order all that from K-Var.

The mag catch I ordered from them also had a "temporary" pivot pin that just screws on, but I've found that it stays secure just fine and have run with that, rather that install a real pivot pin.

Again I've only done this on a Saiga, and have just looked at pics of the SGL-23's proprietary lock.

kosherbacon
06-11-2012, 2:32 AM
But from pics of the SGL-23 it looks to me like you'll need to drill out the mag catch pivot pin, and remove their lock that way. I don't know if it is secured in a second location too.

It's not. Once you remove the pivot pin, it all comes off.

You can reuse the mag catch spring, but you might as well get a spare in case it flies off somewhere while reinstalling. It's not like they're expensive.

Gruber51
06-11-2012, 9:37 PM
Thanks guys I found an old thread that is very helpful as well. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=6745344#post6745344