PDA

View Full Version : We Cannot Carry on Federal Land? (Angeles National Forest)

secret.asian.man
06-09-2012, 1:09 PM
I herd that Obama made it legal to carry in a National Forest. i've called the USFS twice. I called last year 2011 and asked if i could carry in a national forest the first response was, "sure but if we get a call about a man with a gun, expect a gun in your ear until we figure things out. if you must carry, open carry semi-concealed so you don't frighten others". i called again this year 2012 and was told, "no, we are in california, we follow california law". which is it? CalGuns please help. thanks!

Scotty
06-09-2012, 1:20 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186457

oni.dori
06-09-2012, 2:59 PM
Only legal to CC if you have a LTC valid in that state IIRC.

jb7706
06-09-2012, 3:07 PM
Only legal to CC if you have a LTC valid in that state IIRC.

That is true for National Parks, not necessarily for other federal lands.

Mofo-Kang
06-09-2012, 3:33 PM
I thought it was legal to shoot on national forest land? If it's not legal to carry, I assume shooting is not, either... :confused:

wireless
06-09-2012, 3:51 PM
Read the link posted above.

Ron-Solo
06-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Most of the ANF is a prohibited shooting area, with the exception of designated ranges. Hunting is allowed during certain seasons, but that is also regulated.

el chivo
06-10-2012, 3:16 AM
Most of the ANF is a prohibited shooting area, with the exception of designated ranges. Hunting is allowed during certain seasons, but that is also regulated.

depends on what you are hunting; for example you can hunt coyote all year.

You can't shoot unless you are shooting at game.

You can't carry concealed but you can carry openly within the hunting areas. There is a firearms closure map showing the hunting areas and prohibited areas.

You can't be loaded within the prohibited areas. Also I've heard from this forum that the NF roads are prohibited areas even though they aren't marked as such on the map and are not open to vehicle traffic. Not sure about this one, but you might want to be on the safe side.

If you camp you can still have a firearm for self-defense, it is your residence.

el chivo
06-10-2012, 3:18 AM
if you must carry, open carry semi-concealed so you don't frighten others

how the heck do you do this?

secret.asian.man
06-10-2012, 6:58 AM
how the heck do you do this?

the ranger i called explained it like this, "either shift that side of your body in a different direction of passer-bys, or somehow cover up as you pass by others."

secret.asian.man
06-10-2012, 7:08 AM
depends on what you are hunting; for example you can hunt coyote all year.

You can't shoot unless you are shooting at game.

i'm not hunting or planning to shoot. i'm hiking. i would like to carry a small revolver holding snake-shot and a speed loader with regular bullets just in case (if you don't know there is NO phone reception up there.)

just last week i saw a 50-60 year old couple attack another younger couple over the younger couple's dog leash being too long. the older couple started an argument, the younger couple walked away and the older couple attacked from behind and when the younger couple was on the ground the older couple attacked with rocks and was about to use deadly force with a bigger rock to the head before they were stopped by other passer-bys. (before anyone gets mad at me for not doing anything, i had my friend's kids with me, i took them on a hike.)

Cnynrat
06-10-2012, 7:27 AM
I herd that Obama made it legal to carry in a National Forest.

The law he signed only makes it so that state laws apply in National Parks. So, if the the National Park is in a state where you would be legally allowed to carry (by virtue of having a LTC for instance), you can carry in the park.

Note that there are still areas of the park where this doesn't apply, for instance in Ranger's offices. These areas are clearly posted.

el chivo
06-10-2012, 3:37 PM
i'm not hunting or planning to shoot. i'm hiking. i would like to carry a small revolver holding snake-shot and a speed loader with regular bullets just in case (if you don't know there is NO phone reception up there.)

just last week i saw a 50-60 year old couple attack another younger couple over the younger couple's dog leash being too long. the older couple started an argument, the younger couple walked away and the older couple attacked from behind and when the younger couple was on the ground the older couple attacked with rocks and was about to use deadly force with a bigger rock to the head before they were stopped by other passer-bys. (before anyone gets mad at me for not doing anything, i had my friend's kids with me, i took them on a hike.)

I believe you can open carry loaded in hunting areas, without having a hunting license. You can't shoot, but being in fear for your life gives you the exception of self defense. I also hike and take photographic trips and I'm armed for defense reasons, but I take my hunting license anyway just in case. You might check into this before going armed without a hunting license.

By the way, be careful, only use your gun as a last resort. If you go around pulling your gun and pointing it at people, you might be arrested for that. It sounds nice to break up other people's fights, but doing so with a gun adds a whole nother dimension.

SA227driver
06-10-2012, 4:23 PM
I herd that Obama made it legal to carry in a National Forest. i've called the USFS twice. I called last year 2011 and asked if i could carry in a national forest the first response was, "sure but if we get a call about a man with a gun, expect a gun in your ear until we figure things out. if you must carry, open carry semi-concealed so you don't frighten others". i called again this year 2012 and was told, "no, we are in california, we follow california law". which is it? CalGuns please help. thanks!

No, Bush gave us that as a parting gift when he left office. God bless him.

Gray Peterson
06-10-2012, 4:57 PM
No, Bush gave us that as a parting gift when he left office. God bless him.

buzz.. not correct. The Department of Interior changed to rule to "concealed only with permit". The Brady Campaign sued and they got a federal judge to rule for them saying they didn't comply with some environmental law. This resulted in what is called the Coburn Amendment to the Credit Card Act of 2009, changing the regulations to mirror state law for National Parks in February 2010. Brady scored what is called a Pyrrhic victory.

oni.dori
06-10-2012, 8:25 PM
That is true for National Parks, not necessarily for other federal lands.

Seeing as how you can go shooting in national forests, then that was never an issue. nartional parks were the only ones that were restricted from carry if you had a license.

oni.dori
06-10-2012, 8:28 PM

I do believe you can still CC if you have a valid LTC.

el chivo
06-10-2012, 9:13 PM
the ranger i called explained it like this, "either shift that side of your body in a different direction of passer-bys, or somehow cover up as you pass by others."

Sounds like the ranger is making up his own law. I've read a lot of code and forest rules, and never heard of "Open Carry Semi-Concealed". If you cover up with your shirttail for a LEO you're concealing. You shouldn't let this ranger make you violate firm state code with his own wishful interpretation.

Be careful not to point the gun at anybody, but for goodness sake don't cover it up unless you have a CCW.

taperxz
06-10-2012, 9:38 PM
You can't carry concealed but you can carry openly within the hunting areas. There is a firearms closure map showing the hunting areas and prohibited areas.

You can certainly carry concealed while hunting. You can also UOC to and from hunting.

I should also add that the concealed gun can also be your primary hunting firearm as long as it is a legal method of take per F&G codes.

Ron-Solo
06-10-2012, 10:06 PM
I do believe you can still CC if you have a valid LTC.

Yes

morfeeis
06-11-2012, 6:19 AM
Wait, so now because of the stupid OC'ing law i cant loc in Sequoia anymore?

BBJohnnyT
06-11-2012, 6:35 AM

No offense to others, but some of what you are getting here is just opinion and speculation, not the actual facts. In the general public lands thread that Scotty mentioned, I posted this...

Update: I decided to go to the source and called Curtis Davis, the supervising LEO for the San Bernardino National Forest. We had a friendly, informative chat and he was understanding of my confusion. However, what he said was not what I wanted to hear. He said that all open carry of handguns, loaded and unloaded, is prohibited since Jan 1, 2012 because they follow the state law. The only exception is while lawfully hunting. He recommended carrying it unloaded in a locked backpack side pouch in accordance with state law. I asked him if the PC 26388 public land exception nullifies this. He was aware of 26388 and said it does not because that simply allows the public land agency to determine OC status, and the SBNF specifically prohibits shooting (except in a few designated areas). Given this, he said the 26350 state ban still applies and is enforced.

So while Mudcamper heard positively from the BLM concerning the 26388 exemption, the SBNF is another matter. At least in the SBNF, any open carry of handguns is now clearly prohibited, except for the hunting exemption.(

Rather than get wrong opinions from well intentioned folks here, I suggest you do the same for the Angeles NF. It's easy, just get the phone number from the web site for the main office and ask to speak to the supervising LEO. If you get their VM, just leave a message saying you have a question that needs clarifying about the legality of carrying a firearm.

Each NF has their own rules, so it may or may not be legal in the Angeles NF. And the only correct opinion/answer will come from the group that has the power to enforce it or arrest you. Saying, "but some guy on CalGuns said it was legal" holds no water with them, so it's worth a phone call to check it out, IMO.

BBJohnnyT
06-11-2012, 6:42 AM
Sounds like the ranger is making up his own law. I've read a lot of code and forest rules, and never heard of "Open Carry Semi-Concealed". If you cover up with your shirttail for a LEO you're concealing. You shouldn't let this ranger make you violate firm state code with his own wishful interpretation.

Be careful not to point the gun at anybody, but for goodness sake don't cover it up unless you have a CCW.

Agreed. But if a ranger told you this, it can certainly help your case if you should ever have your gun confiscated or some other problem in the future. But only if you have the ranger's name and date he told you this, and he told you this after Jan 1, 2012 (the law changed big-time after that).

taperxz
06-11-2012, 6:47 AM
Agreed. But if a ranger told you this, it can certainly help your case if you should ever have your gun confiscated or some other problem in the future. But only if you have the ranger's name and date he told you this, and he told you this after Jan 1, 2012 (the law changed big-time after that).

Don't ever think this^^^. They are not your friends, legal advisor or lawyer, it's no different than asking the gas station attendent for directions and then blaming him because you got lost.

BBJohnnyT
06-11-2012, 6:54 AM
Don't ever think this^^^. They are not your friends, legal advisor or lawyer, it's no different than asking the gas station attendent for directions and then blaming him because you got lost.
Yeah, that's true. I was just thinking in a trail with a jury, that would carry some weight and sympathy. Definitely more weight than "a guy on the Internet said it was okay".

el chivo
06-11-2012, 2:17 PM
Rather than get wrong opinions from well intentioned folks here, I suggest you do the same for the Angeles NF. It's easy, just get the phone number from the web site for the main office and ask to speak to the supervising LEO. If you get their VM, just leave a message saying you have a question that needs clarifying about the legality of carrying a firearm.

Each NF has their own rules, so it may or may not be legal in the Angeles NF. And the only correct opinion/answer will come from the group that has the power to enforce it or arrest you. Saying, "but some guy on CalGuns said it was legal" holds no water with them, so it's worth a phone call to check it out, IMO.

Absolutely right, but good luck with this with the Angeles. I've talked to many different people there over the years and got a wide variety of responses. For example, the firearms closure map has been out of print for years. The prohibited zones are articulated in the county code, but good luck figuring that out. If you can get hold of a LEO there you might be better off.

My apologies earlier I forgot about the new handgun open carry prohibition, I don't have a handgun so I generally think "long gun".

oni.dori
06-11-2012, 2:37 PM
No offense to others, but some of what you are getting here is just opinion and speculation, not the actual facts. In the general public lands thread that Scotty mentioned, I posted this...

Isn't CC with a valid LTC exempt from this?

gun toting monkeyboy
06-11-2012, 2:46 PM
Ok, so the long and the short of it is go get your hunting licsense, use legal bullets (e.g. expanding/JHP), and CC while out there. Jackrabbits are open all year long. A 9mm or .45 jhp will make a mess of them, but it is still perfectly legal. As long as you are "hunting", you should be good to go. Am I missing anything here?

-Mb

BBJohnnyT
06-11-2012, 7:21 PM
Isn't CC with a valid LTC exempt from this?

Yes. But then again I'm not a lawyer or LEO. I'm just some guy on the Internet who said that's legal. :D

devilinblack
06-11-2012, 8:11 PM
The fail is strong in this thread. Wow. As someone else mentioned most questions regarding forests and parks (they are NOT the same thing) can be answered in the stickied thread in the camping forum.

xrMike
06-11-2012, 9:14 PM
As someone else mentioned most questions regarding forests and parks (they are NOT the same thing) can be answered in the stickied thread in the camping forum.Yeah, but that thread is 10 pages long and I want my question answered right-damn-now without having to do any work for it. :D

moleculo
06-12-2012, 8:28 AM
Ok, so the long and the short of it is go get your hunting licsense, use legal bullets (e.g. expanding/JHP), and CC while out there. Jackrabbits are open all year long. A 9mm or .45 jhp will make a mess of them, but it is still perfectly legal. As long as you are "hunting", you should be good to go. Am I missing anything here?

-Mb

Some areas of the Angeles National Forest are shotgun discharge only. Check the shooting map to see where you're going to hike/hunt to make sure you're carrying what would be legal to hunt with. BTW, coyote is open all year, also and there are plenty of them in the Angeles.

bubbagump
06-12-2012, 9:30 AM
The fail is strong in this thread. Wow. As someone else mentioned most questions regarding forests and parks (they are NOT the same thing) can be answered in the stickied thread in the camping forum.

This times 1,000,000,000...

National PARKS

National FORESTS

***NOT THE SAME THING***

Angeles National FOREST, is completely off limits to target shooting. All of it. UNLESS, you are in a designated shooting area. Burro Canyon, Angeles Shooting Range, Desert Marksmen. Since the ANF is one big*** prohibited area, you cannot carry loaded unless you are hunting. If you are hunting or fishing (with a license), you can carry concealed, but the firearm needs to be unloaded.

The ANF is a terrible place to carry. This is the reality of things. People will call the police. There is about a 70% chance the police will contact you at gunpoint. On top of all that, your gun is basically useless if it is locked in a case, concealed in a backpack, and unloaded.

By some pepper spray. Carry a machete for "bushwacking". Carry a "Walking Stick". All this BS about mountain lions, bears, and rattlesnakes...city folklore...

taperxz
06-12-2012, 9:35 AM

National PARKS

National FORESTS

***NOT THE SAME THING***

Angeles National FOREST, is completely off limits to target shooting. All of it. UNLESS, you are in a designated shooting area. Burro Canyon, Angeles Shooting Range, Desert Marksmen. Since the ANF is one big*** prohibited area, you cannot carry loaded unless you are hunting. If you are hunting or fishing (with a license), you can carry concealed, but the firearm needs to be unloaded.

The ANF is a terrible place to carry. This is the reality of things. People will call the police. There is about a 70% chance the police will contact you at gunpoint. On top of all that, your gun is basically useless if it is locked in a case, concealed in a backpack, and unloaded.

By some pepper spray. Carry a machete for "bushwacking". Carry a "Walking Stick". All this BS about mountain lions, bears, and rattlesnakes...city folklore...

More fail as bolded. If your handgun, which is a legal method of take is unloaded, how can you actually hunt?

Oh, and now you also want to tell others what they can and can't or should or should't carry for protection? Are you part of the California legislature????

City folklore??? LOL come up to my neck of the woods, ill show you some country. We will see how you feel with your walking stick.

bubbagump
06-12-2012, 10:28 AM
More fail as bolded. If your handgun, which is a legal method of take is unloaded, how can you actually hunt?

Oh, and now you also want to tell others what they can and can't or should or should't carry for protection? Are you part of the California legislature????

City folklore??? LOL come up to my neck of the woods, ill show you some country. We will see how you feel with your walking stick.

He can do whatever he wants. Same goes for you, me and everyone else. My OPINION is he should not carry a firearm in the Angeles.

I also stand by my statement about city folklore.

Your firearms must be unloaded unless you are hunting (handgun or rifle). If you are fishing, the firearm, concealed or not, must be unloaded.

taperxz
06-12-2012, 10:32 AM
He can do whatever he wants. Same goes for you, me and everyone else. My OPINION is he should not carry a firearm in the Angeles.

I also stand by my statement about city folklore.

Your firearms must be unloaded unless you are hunting (handgun or rifle). If you are fishing, the firearm, concealed or not, must be unloaded.

Thats not true, hunting and fishing are exceptions to legally loaded concealed carry.

Your previous statement of while hunting, a concealed handgun must be unloaded is untrue and flat out wrong.

Oh and obviously you have never been stalked by a Mtn Lion. OR lost livestock to them.:rolleyes: City Lore??

oni.dori
06-12-2012, 12:39 PM

National PARKS

National FORESTS

***NOT THE SAME THING***

Here's my point of contention with this; he said "carry", but he didn't specify which. It is pretty well esstablished now that OC/UOC are out of the question, but (from my understanding) it has pretty much always been ok to CC if you have a valid LTC in that state while in a national forest; and the law in question then granted the same ability in a national park. So, it would seem the only 3 valid options would be:

1. ULCC
2. CC w/a valid LTC
Or
3. Leave your gun(s) at home

Am I missing something here?

taperxz
06-12-2012, 1:03 PM
Here's my point of contention with this; he said "carry", but he didn't specify which. It is pretty well esstablished now that OC/UOC are out of the question, but (from my understanding) it has pretty much always been ok to CC if you have a valid LTC in that state while in a national forest; and the law in question then granted the same ability in a national park. So, it would seem the only 3 valid options would be:

1. ULCC
2. CC w/a valid LTC
Or
3. Leave your gun(s) at home

Am I missing something here?

Concealed carry with a hunting license, UOC going to and from.

To declare you are hunting is just that. You can even see what you are looking for and not have to shoot it. Of course a license to hunt needs to be on the person.

Decoligny
06-12-2012, 1:20 PM

I read it as the Ranger was wanting him to turn to one side or the other depending on where any passers by were located so they wouldn't see his gun, not actually "concealing" it. Basically if he has it in a holster on the right side, then keep the left side of the body pointing at anyone walking by.

bubbagump
06-12-2012, 2:51 PM
[/B]

Thats not true, hunting and fishing are exceptions to legally loaded concealed carry.

Your previous statement of while hunting, a concealed handgun must be unloaded is untrue and flat out wrong.

Oh and obviously you have never been stalked by a Mtn Lion. OR lost livestock to them.:rolleyes: City Lore??

*2 - LCC is legal for licensed hunters/fishermen, while hunting/fishing, but only where shooting is not prohibited (PC 25640)

13.66.550 Firearms--Regulations in Angeles National Forest.

Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, a person shall not shoot, fire or discharge, and a person, firm or corporation shall not cause or permit to be shot, fired or discharged in the unincorporated territory lying within the boundaries of the Angeles National Forest as defined in Section 13.66.560 any firearm of any kind excluding those firearms used in the pursuit of birds and mammals pursuant to California Fish and Game regulations. (Ord. 83-0171 5 (part), 1983.)

Angeles National Forest is a prohibited shooting area. Unless you are hunting, discharging a firearm is illegal. If discharging a firearm is illegal in the whole forest, then carrying loaded, UNLESS YOU ARE HUNTING, is illegal.

If you are hunting you can load your rifle and your concealed firearm. If you are fishing, then you cannot load your concealed or unconcealed firearm.

If you have an LTC, then I don't think any of this matters. If you are in your campsite, none of this matters. If you are hiking to your campsite with a unloaded, locked & concealed firearm, then this does pertain to you. Otherwise, you carry loaded, you better be hunting.

Now, with all that said for the third time, even if you follow all the rules, it does not mean a Forest Service LEO will not hassle you. Most of the hippies up there will call the police and maybe embellish a little bit. Maybe, "He was shooting at condors". Then, you will regret bringing your firearm. Do I think it is right? No. Is it the reality of things in Los Angeles? YES.

paul0660
06-12-2012, 2:58 PM
This resulted in what is called the Coburn Amendment to the Credit Card Act of 2009

I have successfully carried in National Parks with a credit card.

taperxz
06-13-2012, 1:10 AM

*2 - LCC is legal for licensed hunters/fishermen, while hunting/fishing, but only where shooting is not prohibited (PC 25640)

Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, a person shall not shoot, fire or discharge, and a person, firm or corporation shall not cause or permit to be shot, fired or discharged in the unincorporated territory lying within the boundaries of the Angeles National Forest as defined in Section 13.66.560 any firearm of any kind excluding those firearms used in the pursuit of birds and mammals pursuant to California Fish and Game regulations. (Ord. 83-0171 5 (part), 1983.)

Angeles National Forest is a prohibited shooting area. Unless you are hunting, discharging a firearm is illegal. If discharging a firearm is illegal in the whole forest, then carrying loaded, UNLESS YOU ARE HUNTING, is illegal.

If you are hunting you can load your rifle and your concealed firearm. If you are fishing, then you cannot load your concealed or unconcealed firearm.

If you have an LTC, then I don't think any of this matters. If you are in your campsite, none of this matters. If you are hiking to your campsite with a unloaded, locked & concealed firearm, then this does pertain to you. Otherwise, you carry loaded, you better be hunting.

Now, with all that said for the third time, even if you follow all the rules, it does not mean a Forest Service LEO will not hassle you. Most of the hippies up there will call the police and maybe embellish a little bit. Maybe, "He was shooting at condors". Then, you will regret bringing your firearm. Do I think it is right? No. Is it the reality of things in Los Angeles? YES.

Hunting and fishing in this area IS your LTC. The only shooting prohibited is target shooting. "G" is your license to carry during these activities. Further more UOC is also legal when going to or from hunting in the state of CA which means UOC is also legal in this area. You can hassled by anyone at anytime, are you afraid of that?? Im not!

THERE ARE NO MORE HIPPIES! I SURE WISH PEOPLE KNEW WHAT A REAL HIPPIES WAS THESE DAYS:rolleyes: TRY THE HAIGHT ASHBURY 1968

xrMike
06-13-2012, 10:28 AM
What about National Monuments? Are they considered parks, forests, or something else?

devilinblack
06-13-2012, 12:03 PM
If you are fishing, then you cannot load your concealed or unconcealed firearm.

Would you please stop repeating this, because it is in fact wrong. Being able to carry openly or concealed loaded while hunting and fishing is exactly the same. Nowhere does it say that you have to be unloaded while fishing.

gun toting monkeyboy
06-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Would you please stop repeating this, because it is in fact wrong. Being able to carry openly or concealed loaded while hunting and fishing is exactly the same. Nowhere does it say that you have to be unloaded while fishing.

Yeah bubba. The regulations on this are VERY clear.

-Mb

bubbagump
06-13-2012, 3:00 PM

25850. (a) A person is guilty of carrying a loaded firearm when the
person carries a loaded firearm on the person or in a vehicle while
in any public place or on any public street in an incorporated city
or in any public place or on any public street in a prohibited area
of unincorporated territory.

17030. As used in this part, "prohibited area" means any place
where it is unlawful to discharge a weapon.

What are you not understanding? Carry concealed all you want while fishing. If you are carrying concealed within the boundaries of the Angeles National Forest, you are in a prohibited area. Disharge is illegal in a prohibited area. If discharge is illegal, then having your firearm loaded is illegal.

Which takes us all the way back to mudcampers link in the outdoors forum, where you will find the following:

If you are fishing in Los Padres National Forest, this this information is not relevant to your situation. The OP is asking about the Angeles.

taperxz
06-13-2012, 3:35 PM
What are you not understanding? Carry concealed all you want while fishing. If you are carrying concealed within the boundaries of the Angeles National Forest, you are in a prohibited area. Disharge is illegal in a prohibited area. If discharge is illegal, then having your firearm loaded is illegal.

Which takes us all the way back to mudcampers link in the outdoors forum, where you will find the following:

If you are fishing in Los Padres National Forest, this this information is not relevant to your situation. The OP is asking about the Angeles.

The problem i think you have is understanding the terms prohibited area. Prohibited areas are around camp grounds and out houses. The RESTRICTIONS in the Angeles forest is for target shooting. (recreational) except in designated areas. If shooting was prohibited, no hunting would be allowed. You need to key into what the restrictions are and what is prohibited. The only thing prohibited is recreational target shooting out side of designated areas. They make it quite clear that carry for purposes of F&G are quite legal to do except in one area where, NO HUNTING is allowed.

bubbagump
06-13-2012, 4:18 PM
The problem i think you have is understanding the terms prohibited area. Prohibited areas are around camp grounds and out houses. The RESTRICTIONS in the Angeles forest is for target shooting. (recreational) except in designated areas. If shooting was prohibited, no hunting would be allowed. You need to key into what the restrictions are and what is prohibited. The only thing prohibited is recreational target shooting out side of designated areas. They make it quite clear that carry for purposes of F&G are quite legal to do except in one area where, NO HUNTING is allowed.

On multiple occasions I have said you can carry loaded while hunting, because discharging a firearm is legal while in the pursuit of birds or mammals, as indicated in the code section I cited.

Hunting and Fishing are two different things. You quoted me while I was talking about fishing.

taperxz
06-13-2012, 4:26 PM
On multiple occasions I have said you can carry loaded while hunting, because discharging a firearm is legal while in the pursuit of birds or mammals, as indicated in the code section I cited.

Hunting and Fishing are two different things. You quoted me while I was talking about fishing.

You don't have the first clue as to why fisherman area allowed to carry do you?

I'll give you a hint. Its not so they can do recreational target shooting which is the ONLY shooting restricted in that Natl. Forest. I'll let you try to figure out why fisherman are allowed to conceal carry.

bubbagump
06-13-2012, 6:16 PM

I'll give you a hint. Its not so they can do recreational target shooting which is the ONLY shooting restricted in that Natl. Forest. I'll let you try to figure out why fisherman are allowed to conceal carry.

The code section says nothing about recreational target shooting.

It does say something about "a person shall not shoot, fire or discharge"

Only exception being,

"excluding those firearms used in the pursuit of birds and mammals pursuant to California Fish and Game regulations."

taperxz
06-13-2012, 10:24 PM

The code section says nothing about recreational target shooting.

It does say something about "a person shall not shoot, fire or discharge"

Only exception being,

"excluding those firearms used in the pursuit of birds and mammals pursuant to California Fish and Game regulations."

Notice how it does not say anything about carry? Notice how hunters and fisherman have an exception to conceal loaded carry?

OH, and answer the question above or you are wasting time with this thread because you are wrong!!!!!!!! You have backed off saying hunters can't carry and now you have moved on to fisherman. Exactly what are you trying to accomplish with this FUD?

You were wrong about hunters and......... You know.:rolleyes:

el chivo
06-14-2012, 2:18 AM
What about National Monuments? Are they considered parks, forests, or something else?

I know of one National Monument, The Carrizzo Plain. I called them with questions, and they have their own rules.

Hunting and camping are allowed there; most of the extra restrictions were about taking pictures; you can take photos for yourself but not to publish, and publishing includes the internet. If you want to publish photos you have to pay a fee before you go.

They don't allow target shooting, either.