PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Offers New Hunting Permit And Driver's License Combo

vantec08
06-09-2012, 7:21 AM
http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2012/06/louisiana-offers-new-hunting-permit-and-drivers-license-combo

somehow this makes sense

Dreaded Claymore
06-09-2012, 7:45 AM
No more thick wad of paper in my wallet, no more worrying that I was carrying the wrong license. Just one simple plastic card, sort of a redneck "One Ring to Rule Them All."

Hahahahahaha...awesome comparison.

Milsurps
06-09-2012, 7:46 AM
somehow this makes sense

The problem I see here in Kaliforniasan is that it would tip off over zealous LEO's looking for a Felony Arrest bonus point(s) on his or her career record probable cause for hooking you up on the side of the road and tossing your car. :(

I hate the fact that I've become such a cynic of this state that I would think of this problem first rather than the cool factor possibility of it. :mad:

fizux
06-09-2012, 8:42 AM
I would like to try renting a car in NYC with a DL that has CCW on it. I bet the mayor finds a way to ban permit holders from driving.

dantodd
06-09-2012, 9:11 AM
I would like to try renting a car in NYC with a DL that has CCW on it. I bet the mayor finds a way to ban permit holders from driving.

Except all non-prohibited persons would have the endorsement on their DL. Imagine that. A CA DL is automatically an LTC unless it is imprinted "not valid for firearms carry" then the only people with that printed on their license would be those prohibited and those who choose to check a "not for firearms" box on their license aplication. How many people are anti-gun enough to have their license imprinted with wording that is generally associated with felons.

wheels
06-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Except all non-prohibited persons would have the endorsement on their DL. Imagine that. A CA DL is automatically an LTC unless it is imprinted "not valid for firearms carry" then the only people with that printed on their license would be those prohibited and those who choose to check a "not for firearms" box on their license aplication. How many people are anti-gun enough to have their license imprinted with wording that is generally associated with felons.

Think $ as well, it would cost less to issue a single ID which had all state license info on it CCL, hunting, fishing. $$ saved.

They could also charge you in advance for the fees - 3 year DL, 3 years of hunting, fishing, CCL all at once. Reduce the cost of issuing and probably get more people to pay up front - more predictable revenue stream, etc...

I can dream of an efficient government....

daybreak
06-09-2012, 8:30 PM
I got to live and work in Louisiana for 4 months this year, and I loved it. They rule.

IntoForever
06-09-2012, 9:07 PM
I can dream of an efficient government....
Too bad it'll never happen, too many idiots who couldn't get/keep a job otherwise need those waste of space/money positions.