PDA

View Full Version : Ghost ring install on Remington Express 870- San Diego Area-

davester00
06-09-2012, 6:17 AM
Anyone in the San Diego area know how to install ghost ring sights on a Remington 870.
This requires a drill press and tapping threads for rear sight and perhaps drilling and roll pin for the front sight.
Anybody do this or have this done in the San Diego (Miramar) area?
I already called Parallax Tactical and they don't have the tools, even if they did they would butcher them (like they did on my HK45).

Any useful advice?

Thanks.

WDE91
06-09-2012, 8:35 AM
can always find a good machine shop and just wait for it there

WildWildWest
06-09-2012, 1:36 PM
I'd like to know, as well...Just picked up the same model with pg. The front sight is bead sight, but not even gold bead sight. It's black...It looks so ugly that I can't see if it was there...:(

Remington 870 Express sights are horrible.

davester00
06-14-2012, 5:37 AM
The gunsmith at Ironsights in Oceanside will install ghost ring sights on a Remington 870 express.
He charges $75 for the install which includes epoxy and cross pin for the front and a drill and tap for the rear.
He claimed his completion time is 1 to 2 weeks.

g_conway
06-15-2012, 8:06 PM
I used XS Universal ghost ring for mine so Front sight was easy.
I had a Mirmar machine shop drill and tap my receiver for 100.
He did it while I waited. I don't remember the name off hand, but they are off Camino Santa Fe just north of Mira Mesa Blvd.

PM me if you need the name and I'll get it for you.

davester00
07-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Got my Remington shotgun back.
I'm very happy with the quality of workmanship that went into the installation.
Very clean and very close to what a factory install would look like.
The charge was $75 and it took 3 weeks.
So if anyone is wanting a ghost ring sight install done on a Rem870 go to Ironsights.
My total cost was $80 for the sights off amazon.com and $75 install charge.
Worth every penny.