PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Trophy Red Dot vs Vortex Strikefire.

TNP'R
06-09-2012, 6:55 AM
So I just got the Vortex Strikefire through the mail today and comparing it to my Bushnell Trophy red dot which is a T reticle and the Vortex which is a red dot I feel like the Bushnell's reticle is higher quality.

I've never owned an actual red dot so I don't know if this is the norm or not but the Vortex Strikefire's red dot looks like a bunch of little tiny dots grouped together to make one red dot from a distance. Is this normal for other red dots?
The Bushnells reticle is one solid reticle so it kind of threw me off when I looked at the Vortex's red dot.

I like the vortex strikefire though, its lighter and has a auto shut off feature and longer battery life. Just not liking how the red dot is, but if this is the norm then I wont stress it. Regardless i'm gonna run it and keep it on my AR because one of my other rifles is using the Bushnell now.

MiddleKingdom
06-09-2012, 7:31 AM
I tried my buddies Strikefire and I'm quite impressed with it. When you take it out to shoot you will notice that the group of tiny red dots appears as one. Indoors (say in your living room) the little red dots are more obvious. If you haven't already taken the sight outdoors you should do so. I have a Bushnell TRS-25 that does the same thing. I think you'll enjoy your Strikefire. For the money it's a pretty good deal.

TNP'R
06-09-2012, 7:38 AM
I tried my buddies Strikefire and I'm quite impressed with it. When you take it out to shoot you will notice that the group of tiny red dots appears as one. Indoors (say in your living room) the little red dots are more obvious. If you haven't already taken the sight outdoors you should do so. I have a Bushnell TRS-25 that does the same thing. I think you'll enjoy your Strikefire. For the money it's a pretty good deal.

Yep you're right. Taking it out doors in the sun it looked like one solid red dot even looking at it closely.

osis32
06-09-2012, 9:56 AM
That's normal for red dots. You'll get used to it learn to love it.

roushstage2
06-09-2012, 12:26 PM
You are not supposed to focus on the red dot directly. You look "past" the red dot and it'll appear the way it should. Also, you want it farther forward on the receiver than a regular scope. I have my red dot in the last position on the upper receiver.