PDA

View Full Version : PTR-91 Owners: I removed my bullet button but is there something that is supposed to

stilly
06-09-2012, 1:56 AM
It does not look right.

I removed the bullet button from the FCG when it fell off the bullet button cover just fell off also. HEY GREAT! but what is left is a small button that looks difficult to push in. It IS kinda difficult to push in since it is about 2-3mm diameter with a pin going through the top/bottom of it.

Do I need to contact PTR and get a regular mag release button for it?

If I did not know better I would say that it actually came with a 20 round mag installed but that can;t be right. They would not have let it go out the door like that let alone keep it on their rack for such a long time.

Richard Erichsen
06-09-2012, 9:33 AM
It does not look right.

I removed the bullet button from the FCG when it fell off the bullet button cover just fell off also. HEY GREAT! but what is left is a small button that looks difficult to push in. It IS kinda difficult to push in since it is about 2-3mm diameter with a pin going through the top/bottom of it.

Do I need to contact PTR and get a regular mag release button for it?

If I did not know better I would say that it actually came with a 20 round mag installed but that can;t be right. They would not have let it go out the door like that let alone keep it on their rack for such a long time.

Did you not receive a magazine with the rifle? Are you not the original owner?

Before you do any more monkeying, you need to decide if you are going to stick with a bullet button and 10/20 or ordinary 10 round magazines or go featureless. At no time should your configuration match the configuration of AW according to CA law (review the flowchart at the top of the page).

There is a roll pin on the side with the half-round button, that's what holds it to the stem. If it is pinned in place anywhere else, that pin needs to come out because it is isolating the button. The locking bar that engages with the slot in the magazine is on the otherside and under pressure from a spring. When you press the button, the bar is pushed away from the magazine slot, releasing the magazine.

When you flip it over and peer into the magwell, do you have an intact spring around the mag release stem? It takes a few pounds of pressure to depress the button, particularly with springs that are essentially "new". Take some pictures, we'll get you sorted out.

R