PDA

View Full Version : MR762 ~ Available Anywhere Here in California?

insin
06-08-2012, 4:43 PM
Hello all,
I was thinking about picking up a MR762. I wanted to know if any shops had them in stock recently? I seen a few posts from last month saying they were around. Has anyone have any leads where you might have seen one recently?

I would be especially interested in a lead where they are selling for at or very near MSRP. I have come across some pretty high asking prices.

Thank you

Ziggy91
06-08-2012, 5:03 PM
I honestly saw a vendor post about one in stock the other day, but I can't find it.

But, I did found this MR556:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=580993

Sgt. J Beezy
06-08-2012, 5:11 PM
I got mine from DAS (Direct Action Solutions) . They are a vendor on here.

---

seainc
06-08-2012, 5:14 PM
Saw one MR762 and MR556 at Discount Gun Mart San Diego store today. I was there for PPT.
http://www.discountgunmart.com/category/retail_store/

insin
06-08-2012, 6:22 PM
I got mine from DAS (Direct Action Solutions) . They are a vendor on here.

Yeah, I did a search and an old post where they had one or two available. I called them today and they quoted me a quite high price. Care if I ask what you paid? PM me if you feel it necessary. Perhaps if I contacted them through calguns, they would offer me a better price. I honestly could not believe what they quoted me because it was so much higher then what they listed it here, almost 50% higher.

Thanks

MrPlink
06-08-2012, 6:50 PM
Only one Ive seen in person was in Seattle. Iirc it was circa 3500. What are they going for here?

dfens
06-08-2012, 7:13 PM
I'm going to wish you luck, I'm looking for a MR556 and every dealer is out of stock, and all their distributors are out of stock, the price is way over MSRP and the price of other states, plus out of state dealers I can trust won't deal with CA.

Hell one dealer said he has 8 sources and the chances of ordering one was zero because the HK rep decides who gets what in terms of units and he is on their black list.

It's ridiculous even if you find one your local dealer wants to rape up the behind with no lube, because they want to price gouge and not try to make a loyal local customer.

The prices on a MR762 out of state are usually 3900-4000 but here in CA I think the lowest was 4500 but I know one dealer close to me sold one for 4800 which I'm sorry is a rip off.

hoss_hk
06-08-2012, 9:08 PM
There are some vendors on hkpro that have been selling 762s http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-guns-sale/158818-wts-hk-mr762-rifle-nib-3-300-spf.html
and 556s recently (hkparts.net). Not likely they will ship to CA, though. Turner's claims they will get some 762s in.........

Arkangel86
06-08-2012, 9:13 PM
try Tracy Rifle and Pistol, I was in there a couple weeks ago and overheard them tell a customer they could get him one.

insin
06-08-2012, 9:37 PM
try Tracy Rifle and Pistol, I was in there a couple weeks ago and overheard them tell a customer they could get him one.

Thanks, thats a pretty good lead, and not that far from me compared to SOcal. I would and have made the trip down south for other firearms before. Anyone else have any good leads?

Hoop
06-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Anyone else have any good leads?

From what I have heard and read it's not that great of a rifle. Unless you are a collector and really want an HK I would think about something else.

seainc
06-08-2012, 10:32 PM
From what I have heard and read it's not that great of a rifle. Unless you are a collector and really want an HK I would think about something else.

Oh... you hurt my feelings...;)

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/yen10579/Forum/1fc5da72.jpg

azthig69
06-09-2012, 7:21 AM
Yeah, I did a search and an old post where they had one or two available. I called them today and they quoted me a quite high price. Care if I ask what you paid? PM me if you feel it necessary. Perhaps if I contacted them through calguns, they would offer me a better price. I honestly could not believe what they quoted me because it was so much higher then what they listed it here, almost 50% higher.

Thanks

Try Knesek Guns in Arkansas, they're very friendly and has excellent CS.
They ship to CA, ask for Jay, he took care of my Sig 716 order. I'm not in any
way affiliated with them, just passing on the info. Here is their ad in hkpro -

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-guns-sale/156582-hk-mr762a1-sale-nib.html

ir0nclash86
06-09-2012, 9:12 AM
You can buy it from here then have it shipped to your FFL

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=536190

Hoop
06-09-2012, 9:46 AM
Oh... you hurt my feelings...;)

LOL

Hey, your money not mine...I'd got for a Larue or GAP with that kind of coin myself...

nitroxdiver
06-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Tracy Rifle and pistol got my mr556 for me, no raping, mike doesn't swing that way. ;-)

nitroxdiver
06-09-2012, 10:34 AM

I will respectfully disagree. From my experience with the HK, it is a fantastic rifle, accurate, reliable, and amazingly well made. Is it expensive, yes. Is it front heavy, yes. It's certainly not for everyone, and I wouldn't want it as my only rifle and wouldn't recommend it over a colt DD LMT etc DI gun. However, if someone really wants a piston drive AR platform in their collection, you certainly wouldn't be let down by the capabilities, the engineering, or quality of manufacture of the HK. It is a superb rifle. For me personally, the only thing I would want differently is a 416 profile to lighten the front end.

Good luck, I hope you find your 762. It should prove to be an awesome rifle.

Sgt. J Beezy
06-09-2012, 6:02 PM

---

Dhena81
06-09-2012, 7:13 PM
To bad HK Germany hates civilians and makes their US civilian guns nerfed.

nitroxdiver
06-09-2012, 8:05 PM
To bad HK Germany hates civilians and makes their US civilian guns nerfed.

I haven't a clue what nerfed means, but the reason MR barrels are different than 416 barrels is its a German government issue, not HK. HK sends hammer forged barrel blanks to the US. They are finished by daniel defense. You can also thank our government for many of the non sporting import BS laws 922r etc. HK doesn't hate anyone, although the "because we're HK, and we hate you" is pretty funny. HK is a business, and their only goal is to make money. They have a typical German standard of QC. Again, the MR rifles are not for everyone. But there is certainly nothing wrong with them, quite the contrary. They are a thing of mechanical beauty. I've dealt with HK USA several times in the past and was treated as a valued customer. I don't care one way or the other if someone likes HK or not, makes zero difference to me. My experiences with their rifles, pistols, and US CS have been exemplary.

HKDoc
06-09-2012, 8:45 PM
Not nerfed, just expensive.

Forsakenfire
06-26-2012, 4:26 PM
Saw one MR762 and MR556 at Discount Gun Mart San Diego store today. I was there for PPT.
http://www.discountgunmart.com/category/retail_store/

They do in fact have one in stock. It was $3989.

Long Rifle
06-27-2012, 9:41 AM

Wow :eek:. I like HKs. In fact, I wouldn't mind it if someone calls me a fanboy. But that price sure makes me feel better about what I paid for my SCAR Heavy. :D

fauxkat
06-27-2012, 10:15 AM

If I remember correctly, if you get a membership for Disco's range ($249/yr.), you get a discount on firearms. I don't recall if it's 5 or 10%. If it is 10%, it may make sense to get a membership just to get the discount.

HK35
06-27-2012, 11:29 AM
HK doesn't hate anyone, although the "because we're HK, and we hate you" is pretty funny. HK is a business, and their only goal is to make money. They have a typical German standard of QC. Again, the MR rifles are not for everyone. But there is certainly nothing wrong with them, quite the contrary. They are a thing of mechanical beauty. I've dealt with HK USA several times in the past and was treated as a valued customer. I don't care one way or the other if someone likes HK or not, makes zero difference to me. My experiences with their rifles, pistols, and US CS have been exemplary.
+1

I've contacted HK a few times with questions and they have treated me well every single time. Also HK products are very well made. In general, german craftmanship & quality has been great IME.