PDA

View Full Version : San Diego County CCW application .......

Gunsmith Dan
06-08-2012, 1:56 PM
I either have missed it in P.C. 12050 or it is someplace else, but I would like the CA CCW law gurus to point to where I can find this in the CA P.C..

I am currently appling for a CCW in SD County for business purpose but there is a section that asks for specific make, model, caliber and serial number of every firearm I will carry concealed. The statement in the application states that you could have your CCW revoked and arrested if you carry a weapon concealed that is not on the list.

For the life of me I can not find anywhere the law that specifically requires applicants to provide the information. I also can not find the section that lists using a firearm not listed concealed is a crime.

Thanks in advance for the help. :D

dantodd
06-08-2012, 2:00 PM
I don't have the pc handy but, yes, you are only authorized to carry the guns listed on your license. Carrying any other gun will be treated as if you do not have a license. In other words, the license covers one person and specific firearms.

Here is the actual code:
12051. (a)(1) The standard application form for licenses described in paragraph (3) shall require information from the applicant including, but not limited to, the name, occupation, residence and business address of the applicant, his or her age, height, weight, color of eyes and hair, and reason for desiring a license to carry the weapon. Applications for licenses shall be filed in writing, and signed by the applicant. Any license issued upon the application shall set forth the licensee's name, occupation, residence and business address, his or her age, height, weight, color of eyes and hair, the reason for desiring a license to carry the weapon, and shall, in addition, contain a description of the weapon or weapons authorized to be carried, giving the name of the manufacturer, the serial number, and the caliber. The license issued to the licensee may be laminated.

The new code is 26175(i)

Ossa
06-08-2012, 2:30 PM
When you get to the Sheriff's range in San Diego, the deputies will examine every gun you've laid out on the shooting bench prior to qualifying. After you're through shooting, they will take you back to the waiting area and write down the make/model/caliber/ and serial # for each gun. What they write is what will show on your permit. Good luck and have fun! And no, they won't let you qualify with an AR15 pistol. I asked that question jokingly, and 3 deputies came over asking who said that, while laughing. They can be strict, but they're also gun lovers (most of them).