PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6940p upper vs ruger sr556 upper vs s&w m&p 15 psx complete rifle

raceraxe
06-08-2012, 9:37 AM
Hello Calgunners,
Im trying to decide which one to get as my back up for 6920. Appreciate your help!

Kappy
06-08-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm confused... why do you need a backup?

raceraxe
06-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Well... Only way to justify another rifle/parts to gf.

Mossy Man
06-08-2012, 10:39 AM
she's not your wife yet

don't have to justify crap!

Ripper
06-08-2012, 10:44 AM
6940 not a Ruger/ POS

raceraxe
06-08-2012, 10:53 AM
she's not your wife yet

don't have to justify crap!

With attitude like that you'll never get boooty
J/k

raceraxe
06-08-2012, 10:55 AM
6940 not a Ruger/ POS

Eh? Do you mean you recommend 6940p over ruger?

Kappy
06-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Well... Only way to justify another rifle/parts to gf.

Oh... unlike these other jokers, I get that.

Incidentally, I'd recommend trying to sell it to the GF like I sold it to my wife... there is a law going into effect requiring the registration of rifles like handguns. For whatever reason, that rang a bell for the wife, so I'm the new owner of my first AR.

So... the original question was what confused me. You don't need a "backup" as much as you need a new rifle. Now that we know it's just an obfuscation, tell us what you really want. If you're looking for something new, just go for the Ruger. It's different enough. That way you'll know a newer system.

raceraxe
06-08-2012, 11:10 AM

Incidentally, I'd recommend trying to sell it to the GF like I sold it to my wife... there is a law going into effect requiring the registration of rifles like handguns. For whatever reason, that rang a bell for the wife, so I'm the new owner of my first AR.

So... the original question was what confused me. You don't need a "backup" as much as you need a new rifle. Now that we know it's just an obfuscation, tell us what you really want. If you're looking for something new, just go for the Ruger. It's different enough. That way you'll know a newer system.

Kappy,
What i really want is piston ar, preferably colt 6940p. If i spend 2g on another rifle gf is gonna have a fit, therefore need to decide between 6940p upper/ruger sr 556 upper/ s&w m&p 15 psx complete rifle. I figure i can justify m&p 'cos they are inexpensive... Whacha think?

jcslone
06-08-2012, 12:24 PM
if you're gonna drop 2K+ on a piston AR get an LWRCI M6G...they're dope...same stuff MARSOC as well as other SF units use, utterly reliable and proven, you can't go wrong

badogg
06-08-2012, 12:30 PM

Lol, that is pretty much how I got SWMBO on board with me getting my first AR. There was a news report on TV about the bullet button and they were saying things like "This Assualt Rifle could be in your neighbors house and it is perfectly legal, for now". So I told her "uh, yeah, now I need to go and pick one up before they ban it". Two weeks later, purchasing my M&P15. :D

For those that don't know, SWMBO is "She Who Must Be Obeyed". :)

Mossy Man
06-08-2012, 2:17 PM
With attitude like that you'll never get boooty
J/k

Well you're right about the booty part.......

But this comment was from the perspective of a married man lol

raceraxe
06-08-2012, 2:41 PM
Well you're right about the booty part.......

But this comment was from the perspective of a married man lol

I was denied for 3 wks for buying 6920. I endured it by stroking my colt, and to be honest, didnt miss her that much..

raceraxe
06-08-2012, 2:49 PM
Lol, that is pretty much how I got SWMBO on board with me getting my first AR. There was a news report on TV about the bullet button and they were saying things like "This Assualt Rifle could be in your neighbors house and it is perfectly legal, for now". So I told her "uh, yeah, now I need to go and pick one up before they ban it". Two weeks later, purchasing my M&P15. :D

For those that don't know, SWMBO is "She Who Must Be Obeyed". :)

I thought "sw" was for "satanic wife"

HKDoc
06-08-2012, 3:42 PM
Don't leave out the hk mr556 upper. They are going for about 1.8k on gunbroker.

I think for about 2k, just spend a little more to get a complete rifle....

seainc
06-08-2012, 4:18 PM
You can get HK MR556 upper directly from HK USA.
buy it here. http://us.hkwebshop.com/HKWebShop/show/byItemID/10116//238///////////true

GM4spd
06-08-2012, 5:39 PM
6940 not a Ruger/ POS

This!

Mossy Man
06-08-2012, 7:21 PM
seriously what's so wrong with the ruger?

I think the biggest downside is that it's got a proprietary rail system

but otherwise it looks like it's good...

calgunner rogersv likes his

kAnJii
06-09-2012, 7:17 AM
For just below $2k, take a look at the Robarm XCR if you want something very reliable and different.

cfusionpm
06-09-2012, 9:56 AM
seriously what's so wrong with the ruger?

I think the biggest downside is that it's got a proprietary rail system

but otherwise it looks like it's good...

calgunner rogersv likes his

I like mine as well. Had it about a year with 2k+ rounds through it. The only small issue I had was getting jams from 5.56 NATO or other hotter rounds on the default gas setting. Dial it back to 1 for those, and it's GTG. Proprietary rail kind of sucks, but at least it's unique :P I've had a lot of people ask me what is on mine. You can see it in my signature picture.

gmcal
06-09-2012, 10:13 AM
if you're gonna drop 2K+ on a piston AR get an LWRCI M6G...they're dope...same stuff MARSOC as well as other SF units use, utterly reliable and proven, you can't go wrong

Interesting. Do you have a source for that?