PDA

View Full Version : kriss super v. should I?

Equiptech83
06-07-2012, 7:48 PM
can anyone talk me out of buying a kiss. I need some help.:)

JeremyKX
06-07-2012, 7:49 PM
Will be a big mistake. Just don't.

Equiptech83
06-07-2012, 7:56 PM
Have you had a issue with them before?

MrPlink
06-07-2012, 9:02 PM
its a toy, esp for a civi without a FA option which really is the point of the system.

semi auto carbines in 45acp are not that hard to control to begin with.

Still cool though :D

Capybara
06-07-2012, 9:02 PM
Nice but overpriced. First batches had issues and can think of a lot more interesting multiple guns you could have for the same price. If you like the Buck Rogers styling, you'll write the check. Not a bad gun, just overpriced for what it is IMHO. Plus you can only get a useless, overweight "pistol" version here or your only other alternative is the carbine with the dorky looking 16" barrel.

I have a Vector Uzi Carbine, I can tell you all about dorky looking 16" barrels. Just like the Kriss, the Uzi looks so good with the 10.4" barrel and so not good with the dorky 16"

Horta
06-07-2012, 9:07 PM
Mine has been reliable and a ton of fun to shoot. At this point I have about 400 rounds through it without any issues at all.

Mr.Caketown
06-07-2012, 9:28 PM
Do it!!! its a nice looking weapon. However I feel its just a glock with a buttstock but thats just me

BANG BANG
06-07-2012, 10:26 PM
cool range toy, I wouldn't buy one in Ca. but in a free state?? hell yeah

duc748bip
06-08-2012, 2:31 AM
Cool range gun, can be made featureless with if you have regular cap Glock 45 mag. And since it's already 10+ why not make it 30rd.
Over priced? I saw the price at riflegear.... Make me too embarrassed to say how much I fork over for mine on gunbroker when it first came out.

rogervzv
06-08-2012, 3:25 AM
I understand the allure of the Kriss, but for the same money you can buy a first-rate 1911 or, alternatively, a first rate AR-style rifle. Either is a better weapon than the Kriss IMSOHO.

NSR500
06-08-2012, 3:34 AM
The one thing about the Kriss is that it's better than the HK USC. The HK USC is a piece of poop. The best PCC have always been the HK delayed roller guns.

Rekrab
06-08-2012, 3:37 AM
Total waste of money in CA. You're limited to 10 rounders unless you have legal hi-cap mags and don't mind going featureless. You don't have full auto to take full advantage of the amazing recoil reduction system. You don't get to have the short barrel or the collapsing stock that makes it such an excellent close quarters weapon.

In short, why bother?

norcalcyclist
06-08-2012, 6:43 AM
The pistol version was an indulgence I partook in and have really enjoyed the weapon thus far. Unique and fun to shoot - get one if you can afford it.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4-Be-JM1dEE/T6mOvSes8uI/AAAAAAAADxY/cJkPdscs3Qs/s800/Kriss_Vector_SDP.JPG

Socal Armament
06-08-2012, 9:06 AM
I would get it just to take it apart and learn how it works haha. Apparently the bolt system gets blown back downwards into that area behind the mag well which is what reduces the recoil so much. I've only ever heard good stuff about it.

duc748bip
06-08-2012, 10:21 AM
That really look like a nailgun. What kind of comp does the threaded barrel on a pistol accept?

The pistol version was an indulgence I partook in and have really enjoyed the weapon thus far. Unique and fun to shoot - get one if you can afford it.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4-Be-JM1dEE/T6mOvSes8uI/AAAAAAAADxY/cJkPdscs3Qs/s800/Kriss_Vector_SDP.JPG

hookah
06-08-2012, 10:26 AM
I think its a cool gun, But considering that everything cool about it has to be changed, i think its pointless. And im sorry, but it looks so dorky with that huge barrel. So many other guns in that price range that are better IMHO.

hnoppenberger
06-08-2012, 11:31 AM
just build an ar 556 pistol. more firepower, and a way to achieve a cheek weld to allow for aimed fire, and IMO easier to conceal/transport.

weber_2
06-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Its your money do as you like. Personally I wouldn't. Leave the pistol cartridges to pistols.

SA227driver
06-08-2012, 12:35 PM
I wouldn't get a CA neutered one. I'd wait til I left the state and try and find some of those hard to find Glock .45 30-rounders.

Rhatical
06-08-2012, 6:07 PM
Have shot one several times and didn't like the ergonomics at all. Find the H&K USC to be a much better all around PCC.

bill_k_lopez
06-08-2012, 6:16 PM
If you can't buy a Vector SMG, why waste the money.

Speedpower
06-08-2012, 6:25 PM
Shot the Kriss V a couple of times and all I can say is that it is over-rated! not worth the money at all! I rather spend my money wisely on something else!

gunrock
06-08-2012, 9:34 PM
i would say yes, IF, it were in another state, what makes this the most effective close quarter combat gun has been done away with in this stupid state. awesome gun in its natural state, overgrown over priced hand gun in cali. i like the design tho, looks like a little brother of the M41a pulse rifle.

MrExel17
06-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Do it! If it makes you happy right! But in free states the gun is bada**

Quiet
06-09-2012, 1:51 AM
I wouldn't get a CA neutered one. I'd wait til I left the state and try and find some of those hard to find Glock .45 30-rounders.
(when not in CA)

The TDI 30 round magazines are just normal Glock 21 13 round magazines with a +17 round magazine extension.
Just buy the +17 round magazine extension (http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1822&MANF=98) and attach them to your Glock 21 magazines.

saki302
06-09-2012, 1:25 PM
Buy one! They're fun to shoot, which is the whole point. Are you planning on assaulting a fortress with it? Probably not.

IMO, try to find a non-CA model and legalize it yourself. The CA models have some mods which make it difficult if not impossible to restore full funtion later (i.e. folding stock).

If it's neutered for CA, but fully reversible, it's more valuable in my view.

-Dave

osis32
06-09-2012, 1:35 PM
Not worth it IMO.

Arkangel86
06-09-2012, 1:44 PM
Had one, sold it, wasnt as fun to shoot as I hoped.

Josh3239
06-09-2012, 1:48 PM
You asked for it :D

The Kriss is a $1600 pistol caliber carbine. It is an overpriced piece of plastic that shoots pistol cartridges from a Glock magazine. Your limited to 10rds in a fixed mag. A $500 Glock is plastic, utilizes Glock magazines and pistol cartridges, is more useful, drop free mags, and if you have pre-bans you can use them. If a pistol caliber carbine or a pistol version of a rifle is what you want the AR15 9mm has plenty of parts and aftermarket support plus it'll save you several hundred dollars to spend on ammo. Want something unique and cheaper. How about a sterling, uzi/mpa, cx4, hi point, kel-tec or a Marlin Camp 9 if you can find one. Have you seen the new Just Right ATI carbines? AR style, uses Glocks mags and half the price of the Kriss. In pistols, any plastic pistol will do what the Kriss does better.

Hope I shot down your dream as asked :D

can anyone talk me out of buying a kiss. I need some help.:)

Richard Erichsen
06-09-2012, 3:14 PM
It probably has some advanced technology in place to support controllable full automatic and I've read about the choices for bore axis, the amount of mass needed at the muzzle end and the dampening system, but for a semi-auto only weapon in .45 ACP, it's a long barreled pistol. While not usually a factor for me (everything I build looks even more ugly than what it started out as), it looks more construction tool-like than firearm, something that should perhaps be in the hands of a roofing contractor than on a gun range. With a pneumatic hose attachment, or a box of .22 nailgun charges nearby, I don't think it would get a second look at a build site until they heard BAM instead of CRACK with every trigger pull. ;)