View Full Version : Safe Compairison

06-07-2012, 3:35 PM
I have been inconveniently storing my firearms in a family member's safe, and am currently searching for a safe of my own.

Right now I am researching the following safes:
American security BF6030
Liberty Franklin 35
Liberty Lincoln 35
Browning Theftgard TG20F
Browning Deluxe 35
Browning SR35

I don't have any brand preference when it comes to safes. I consider them a bit of a big ticket item and this is my first purchase.

My goal is to get something delivered and installed, with a $2,000 budget.

Area I have is 41 wide, 27 deep, and 62 tall.

I'm hoping some CalGunners are smart shoppers and can lead me in the right direction.

06-07-2012, 3:48 PM
It isn't on your list but I have a safe from Visalia Safes (www.visaliasafes.com/). The main reason I went with them is that they have all the security and features of the AmSec safes, but they will make them in custom sizes without insane charges.

My 58 inch (tall) by 30 inch (wide) by 30 inch (deep) safe with 30 minute fire ran me about $1800 including them coming to my house and bolting it down, if I remember correctly. If you give them a custom size, make sure to leave a few extra inches of "slack" space on all sides so that they can get the safe into the spot you want.

06-07-2012, 3:50 PM
Delivered AND installed for $2k might be tough with some of those.

I really like the way the American security looks,If I bought another safe I would like to inspect one of those.
I had cash in hand for a black Browning Silver like your looking at,but my LGS just wanted too much to deliver after my cash offer. In that price range the fit and finish on the Browning's are top shelf. I didn't care for the Liberty safes compared to the Browning,that was a side by side comparison at my LGS. I'm sure they're good though.

I went with a little more bang for the buck and ordered a Sun Welding Safe with option I chose and it has 3/8" plate door 3/16" body, same size as the ones your looking at but not as pretty as the Browning.

The Sturdy safes are suppose to be pretty tough too, again not as pretty as the Browning :)

06-07-2012, 3:56 PM
I'm going to try and get eyes on all of these on Saturday.

Visalia looks interesting but I'm sure delivery from Exeter would be expensive.

Brownings are pretty :D

06-08-2012, 6:08 PM
I bought a Champion Trophy 25 because the features were better than anything else in the same price range.

You might like the Trophy 35- 37"x 60.5"x 27.5"

1500 @ 75 minutes fire rating

Sargent&Greenleaf dial lock

Diamond Imbedded Armor-Plate

Auto-Relock system

4 1/4" thick composite door

Lifetime warranty