PDA

View Full Version : Need help ID kydex wrap.

echang86
06-07-2012, 8:53 AM
This beautiful featureless AR15 belongs to another forum member. Can anyone ID the kydex wrap? It looks like a solar tactical, but with cut outs. I tried PMing the owner last week, but still no reply.

Anyone have any first hand experience with these? I love the solar tacs, but these look a step up in ergonomics.

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp209/nav195/b8e1d1dd.jpg

zfields
06-07-2012, 8:59 AM
Probably made it himself.....they are not hard to do at all.

laabstract
06-07-2012, 9:19 AM
I have a similar one on my Uzi it's very comfortable and only gets in the way of the selector.

motorwerks
06-07-2012, 9:48 AM
Solar makes good stuff but they are hard as hell to get a hold of. I had a bunch of questions a year ago or so about AK build party's and such.... He just stopped Emailing me back. So I went a different route. :D

I would never do a featureless on an AR but I'm really thinking about it on my AK. There is just no easy way to release an AK mag.

Chaos47
06-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Looks home made or a modded Solar Tactical. (Placement of screws and the way it curves around the back strap are very similar)

I disagree with motorwerks I have always found ST to be quick in emailing me back...

wsmc27
06-07-2012, 10:29 AM
This beautiful featureless AR15 belongs to another forum member. Can anyone ID the kydex wrap? It looks like a solar tactical, but with cut outs. I tried PMing the owner last week, but still no reply.

Anyone have any first hand experience with these? I love the solar tacs, but these look a step up in ergonomics.

Ya, looks like a carved up Solar to me. Should work a little better for smaller hands? Might be worth a try.

:)

Richard Erichsen
06-07-2012, 12:25 PM

1) AR15 Solar Tactical strap modified by the user to improve its looks
2) Custom job using the same thickness of Kydex and screw-in buttons as Solar Tactical

It's probably not much more ergonomic since they are form fitted to the pistol grip they are made for. The biggest compliant is that some are too loose and you need to use doublestick or gaffers tape underneath to fill any voids, or get a replacement strap that might not have the defect.

R

motorwerks
06-07-2012, 12:58 PM
I disagree with motorwerks I have always found ST to be quick in emailing me back...

Its not that you "disagree" its that you have had a different experience (Sorry I work around attorneys all damned day)

roushstage2
06-07-2012, 1:09 PM
Its not that you "disagree" its that you have had a different experience (Sorry I work around attorneys all damned day)
dis·a·gree
verb 
/ˌdisəˈgrē/ 
Have or express a different opinion

:)