PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana to reaffirm the 2nd

vantec08
06-06-2012, 2:58 PM
http://www.guns.com/louisiana-governor-supports-gun-rights-bill-8535.html

If it is passed, the bill will double-wrap gun rights beneath two virtually identical pieces of legislation. The amendment will change the Louisiana Constitution to echo the US Constitution: “The right of each citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

a1c
06-06-2012, 3:06 PM
Well that's all well and nice, but this is really nothing more than a redundant political move for Bobby Jindal. I wish the guy was as enthusiastic about fixing the corruption and other broken and dysfunctional stuff in his state.

Vacaville
06-06-2012, 3:08 PM
Hope they just remember to leave out the part about the militia in their wording.

Untamed1972
06-06-2012, 3:15 PM
Hope they just remember to leave out the part about the militia in their wording.

Or add "shall not be infringed includes even during a scary disaster".

vantec08
06-06-2012, 3:19 PM
. .. .. and "the CA CHP is hereby enjoined by this affirmation"

vantec08
06-06-2012, 3:41 PM
Well that's all well and nice, but this is really nothing more than a redundant political move for Bobby Jindal. I wish the guy was as enthusiastic about fixing the corruption and other broken and dysfunctional stuff in his state.

make that . . .. . California

kcbrown
06-06-2012, 4:00 PM
http://www.guns.com/louisiana-governor-supports-gun-rights-bill-8535.html

If it is passed, the bill will double-wrap gun rights beneath two virtually identical pieces of legislation. The amendment will change the Louisiana Constitution to echo the US Constitution: “The right of each citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

And it won't help in the slightest.

Government entities which are intent on violating your rights will pay no heed to mere words written on a piece of paper, no matter how many times and different places it's written.

Katrina proved that. And so does Hawaii.

a1c
06-06-2012, 4:12 PM
make that . . .. . California

States like Louisiana and Florida (2A aside) make California politics look normal.

06-06-2012, 4:16 PM
States like Louisiana and Florida (2A aside) make California politics look normal ...

in Bizarro World.

ja308
06-06-2012, 4:17 PM
States like Louisiana and Florida (2A aside) make California politics look normal.

I am DELIGHTED you choose to live in california :D
We need more folks with your intellegence and knowledge of the political realities .
keep up your good work in cali:D

press1280
06-07-2012, 2:42 AM
They already have one: The right of each citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged, but this provision shall not prevent the passage of laws to prohibit the carrying of weapons concealed on the person. Art. I, § 11 (enacted 1974. I'm thinking the new one is possibly an attempt at getting rid of the concealed weapons part in order to clear the way for constitutional carry in the future. However, I'd go for much stronger language if that's the case.

vantec08
06-07-2012, 3:26 AM
They already have one: The right of each citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged, but this provision shall not prevent the passage of laws to prohibit the carrying of weapons concealed on the person. Art. I, § 11 (enacted 1974. I'm thinking the new one is possibly an attempt at getting rid of the concealed weapons part in order to clear the way for constitutional carry in the future. However, I'd go for much stronger language if that's the case.

Right. Specific, clear language that nails it.

tbhracing
06-07-2012, 3:40 AM
Isn't it better than nothing?

vantec08
06-07-2012, 5:46 AM
Isn't it better than nothing?

Yes it is. Unfortunately, we are still at the "crawling" stage.