PDA

View Full Version : New Rossi R92 .357 lever action - how do I clean this thing?

yoda888
06-06-2012, 8:44 AM
Woot! :hurray: Finally a month after ordering/receiving it, my FFL can finally transfer the rifle to me as of yesterday. (long story on why it took so long :( ) What sucks is I don't even have time to pick it up until probably Fri/Sat of this week.

Hopefully I'll be picking up my brand new Rossi R92 16" stainless steel soon enough.

I have a question in regards to cleaning this thing. When I started the paperwork process, I took a look at the rifle. It's brand new from the factory, and when I looked at it, it looked to have some "gunk" on it. This was on the stock as well as the metal parts.

I understand this is to protect the rifle as the factory has no idea when someone will actually purchase the rifle.

How do I get this gunk/grease off the wood stock? I assume on the stainless parts I can just take my gun cleaner to it and it won't be a problem. Oil it up and I'll be good to go. But what about the wood furniture? I don't want to damage the finish on it (it ain't a marlin or a winchester, but it's my baby! :p )

Thx!

nyc71
06-07-2012, 5:37 AM
This is an easy way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXbx4-zkhMs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

winnre
06-07-2012, 7:40 AM
I had a Mosin that was covered in afterbirth. I paid a gnu store $25 to clean it up.

My Rossi came new and perfectly clean. Makes me wonder about yours....