PDA

View Full Version : ROC 21 yrs and younger now? What gives and what happens to my reservation?

elfstone
06-06-2012, 12:21 AM
So I am getting ready for the Corona Appleseed this month. Re-reading the websites for information.

The ROC card to get the rifleman badge within a year now has a rule that the card is only for 21 and younger.

When did that happen?
What happens to my reservation and paid membership when I go to the event for the first time this month?
Do I not get to participate in the ROC card thru the RVWA membership I subscribed?
To participate, do I have to give them $70 and chaulk up the year membership to 'good cause'?

I really hope I still get to use the ROC card program.
Thanks

AragornElessar86
06-06-2012, 12:28 AM
That information is incorrect. Your ROC is still gtg, assuming it's been less than a year.

ironpete
06-06-2012, 2:52 AM
The ROC card to get the rifleman badge within a year now has a rule that the card is only for 21 and younger.

I just checked the website (http://appleseedinfo.org/roc.html) and did not see that. If you could please point us in the direction of where you got that information we will correct it promptly.

Provided you pre-registered and have a valid ROC card you shouldn't have to pay any instructional fees, just range fees.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
-Peter

elfstone
06-06-2012, 1:21 PM
Thanks for the answers guys.
The link is:
http://appleseedinfo.org/roc.html

Item #7 at the bottom: "7. This offer available to men, women, youth under 21. So hurry and improve your skills to earn the Badge, and learn some of your country's heritage along the way! And bring friends to learn heritage and marksmanship with you!"

Now I can see that I have misread the sentence. It is a bit over worded.

Peter this will be my first time so I do not have my ROC card as I will get it that day. I am planning to show my RVWA membership payment and get one that day.
With all that is said, I am GTG it seems like. Since my original question was my misreading of that sentence right?
Thanks again.

elfstone
06-06-2012, 1:27 PM
Oh, hello Elessar..... nice screen name btw

Rock6.3
06-06-2012, 5:55 PM
Youth under 21 are free, thus no need for an ROC card....

AragornElessar86
06-06-2012, 9:46 PM
Oh, hello Elessar..... nice screen name btw

Self, meet self.

ironpete
06-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Hey Folks,

Sorry I just realized that I responded to elfstone's question via PM and others might have been waiting on this thread.

It was just a misreading of the advert.

The ROC is offered to everybody...men, women and under 21.

People might ask...why would two "free" categories (women and under 21) buy a ROC card?!?
1) Memberships/ROCs qualify for the CMP club affiliation
2) Even the relatively minor registration fees are waived and women will see a return on investment at their 3rd Appleseed.
3) All the cool kids are doing it...

-Peter