PDA

View Full Version : Magpul ACS Stock review?

The1stWright
06-05-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm debating on adding the ACS stock on my AR-15 for storage purposes plus i've heard it eliminates wobble which improves accuracy. Does anyone use this stock? Any positive or negative review are greatly appreciated!

jpm804
06-05-2012, 10:34 PM
The one thing I really liked about it when I had it was that it was wide so it gave a good check rest when aiming.

It has plenty of storage compartments if you want to store items in it. The only draw back is it does add some weight to your rifle but if you arent concerned about that then defintely not a major negative.

I got mine before they came out with the new STR or ACS-L ... you might want to lookinto thos options also if you dont need all the features of the ACS.

jpm804
06-05-2012, 10:34 PM
The one thing I really liked about it when I had it was that it was wide so it gave a good check rest when aiming.

It has plenty of storage compartments if you want to store items in it. The only draw back is it does add some weight to your rifle but if you arent concerned about that then defintely not a major negative.

I got mine before they came out with the new STR or ACS-L ... you might want to lookinto thos options also if you dont need all the features of the ACS.

thatsteveguy
06-05-2012, 10:37 PM
I've got three; one locks up rock solid, the other two have a minimal amount of movement. I suppose I could do something; tape, crimping, etc but at this time it's not a big deal to me. The stocks give me a great cheek weld and function reliably. I'm happy with them; just be alert, there are a lot of fakes out there. If it's new and pretty cheap in price it's likely a fake unless you know the seller.

NSR500
06-05-2012, 10:38 PM
I like the stock a lot.

scglock
06-05-2012, 10:40 PM
I've got an ACS. Definitely a solid stock and mine has no wobble at all. Also agree that it has a very nice cheek weld. In my opinion the only downside is that its on the heavier side when it comes to stocks.. Not ridiculously heavy but it does add some weight if you have a rail, optics, etc. Look into the ACS-L and STR if you're looking for a lighter option.

The1stWright
06-05-2012, 10:41 PM
I'd more than likely buy it from midway. I might have to look into that ACS-L stock.

tango5
06-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Good to hear, i have the ACS-L coming on Monday from Brownels, along with a bunch of other parts for my next build. I'll chime in what i think about it when its all said and done.

Jpach
06-05-2012, 10:44 PM
I like the ACS. I have one on my 5.56 and .308. I want to get rid of the one on my 5.56 just to mix it up tho. The cheek weld is awesome, and I love the compartments.

The War Wagon
06-05-2012, 10:48 PM
I've only kept batteries & soft earplugs in mine. I have two AR's with ACS stocks, and have yet to figure out what else I'd keep in the main compartment! :o Maybe a spare bolt?

jpm804
06-05-2012, 10:53 PM
I'd more than likely buy it from midway. I might have to look into that ACS-L stock.

Try Exilemachine.com ... their pricing on their Magpul items is pretty competative.

loosewreck
06-05-2012, 10:56 PM
I've had one for a couple years, I like it, mine locks up well with very minimal movement. The added cheek weld area is very nice, and I can hold a lot of CR123s for my Eotech. If the STR was around when I bought it I might have gone that way. I'm always tempted to order an STR just for the hell of it.

INFAMOUS762X39
06-05-2012, 10:58 PM
I have the ACS stock currently on my modern AK-47, I love it. I've installed a thicker recoil pad, the stock one is very thin.

G60
06-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I really liked the cheek weld on mine, and it locks up very solid. The weight is nice to balance out a front heavy rifle like a 16" midlength.

It's a good stock, but I have a VLTOR e-mod now.

MrExel17
06-05-2012, 11:27 PM

^^ Well said, too also have the ACS happy with it, only down side is the weight. Also the tried the STR, would probably go that route instead!

deviljon
06-05-2012, 11:43 PM
I used to have one and liked it, but for some reason swapped it out for a b5 sopmod stock and like that much better. Not sure what it is, maybe my ACS just had too much wiggle in it.

tonyxcom
06-05-2012, 11:49 PM
I think the STR pretty much made the ACS obsolete. Same cheekweld, same storage, lighter weight and better looks.

The1stWright
06-06-2012, 1:50 AM
I might go with the STR stock now after looking at them all. I was also thinking about ditching my vertical foregrip and going with that angled grip magpul is offering. Any reviews on that product?

Banana_hands
06-06-2012, 3:25 AM
I have the ACS on my 16" midlength AR and I really like it. On a side note, i'm relatively sure the ACS "L" is designed for airsoft...

Long Rifle
06-06-2012, 4:12 AM
I like my ACS on my 16" recce, but I opted for the UBR for my 20" build. The extra weight helps to balance the rifle a little better. I actually keep a few extra rounds in my ACS because it's too light to keep my 16" recce balanced.

You'd be amazed that a heavier, but balanced rifle actually feels lighter than the other way around. :cool2:

Zartan
06-06-2012, 6:01 AM
Love my ACS-L. Have yet to shoot with it yet. Try AZArmament (http://azarmament.com/MAGPUL-ACS-L-Mil-Spec-Model-MAG378.htm). Great prices and it'll be at your door before you know it.

ZX-10R
06-06-2012, 7:15 AM
ACS on my Daniel Defense...Love it. Heavy, great cheek weld, and makes the AR look fabulous...That is a great formula. Weight is not an issue for me.

Boltz
06-06-2012, 9:07 AM
I have the ACS on my 16" midlength AR and I really like it. On a side note, i'm relatively sure the ACS "L" is designed for airsoft...

No it's not; the ACS-L is simply the ACS without the battery compartments. Magpul's equivalent airsoft stuff is designated PTS.

As for the angled foregrip, tons of people use it and like it, but it may not be your cup of tea, so you should try it out at the shop or on someone else's gun to see how it feels for you.

deviljon
06-06-2012, 9:22 AM
I might go with the STR stock now after looking at them all. I was also thinking about ditching my vertical foregrip and going with that angled grip magpul is offering. Any reviews on that product?

It depends how you want to place your supporting hand. If you use the VFG as just a stop and don't actually HOLD it, then you might like the angled fore grip better. Keep in mind there is an AFG1 and AFG2. I prefer the AFG1 because it looks/feels better, but the AFG2 is shorter and more compact all around if you're limited on rail space.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs618.snc4/59797_160768983935459_123085681037123_507576_51688 03_n.jpg