PDA

View Full Version : bought sks, couple questions...

southbayrookie
06-05-2012, 7:31 PM
hi everyone, i purchased chinese sks and wanted to ask some question before i do anything :)

is it legal to add muzzle brake to chinese sks ? what about bayonet?

muzzle brake
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V79NGE/

also, was thinking of adding a scope any suggestions, on something not so expensive? and last question, do you need to "lock" rifle case when i transport it in the car (trunk) or not?

thank you !!!

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
06-05-2012, 7:49 PM
muzzle brake on a sks :eek:, yes you can, but having the brake you won't be able to use the bayonet, now buy my item "pleaseee" :D WTS: SKS-AK Scabbard Original Chinese http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=8633472#post8633472

southbayrookie
06-05-2012, 9:59 PM
hmm, been doing some reading and it appears that i cannot add bayonet to the chinese sks since the one i got was build in 1980s :(

is this true?

paul0660
06-05-2012, 10:09 PM
hmm, been doing some reading and it appears that i cannot add bayonet to the chinese sks since the one i got was build in 1980s :(

is this true?

I don't know, mine have always had bayos but there was a law, maybe it went away. A muzzle brake is ok but I like the weight the way it is and the recoil and flip are not much anyway.

Putting a lock on your long gun case will keep you from breaking the Federal Gun Free School Zone law. If it is in the trunk it is locked anyway even if the case is not.

There is not a really good solution to mounting a scope that does not involve drilling and tapping.

ClarenceBoddicker
06-06-2012, 12:12 AM
If your SKS has the bayonet mount still on it & has the fixed 10 rd mag, you can legally attach the bayonet. The SKS's that use AK mags that were imported post 3/15/1989 & have the bayonet lug ground off can't use a bayonet, unless you do the 922R 10 US made part deal. CA has issues with detachable mags on SKS's. Muzzle breaks have never been banned by the Feds or CA, only flash hiders. That Cutts type break won't do that much & can cause the target to be obscured with flash or smoke during rapid fire. The AK-74 design is much better for rapid fire. Try to find a '74 break that is made like the originals with the inner chamber/baffle design. The best scope mounts attach to the receiver, not the cover. The M-1943 round is limited in range, so don't sacrifice FOV/brightness for too much magnification.