PDA

View Full Version : shipping an 11.5" ar upper to california?

jayboy74
06-05-2012, 6:43 AM
Hello everyone , I have a question and i figured you guys and gals may know the answer. I have a little 11.5" upper with a built in muzzle break , Its made onto the barrel with no way to remove it. I have been wanting to get rid of it so i posted it for trade , I am looking for a decent varmint rifle setup and I have a guy with a nice flat top varmint upper that is wanting to trade , the thing is he is in Califironia , Do you think it would be ok to ship the upper to him in Ca? I questioned the guy in cal about it and he said it is legal on a pistol lower, What do you guys think?

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
06-05-2012, 7:16 AM
legal to ship to california.

SwPx4
06-05-2012, 7:24 AM
Not a firearm, so legal. Would be illegal for him to mount on a non-pistol lower.

dantodd
06-05-2012, 8:02 AM
It is perfectly legal to ship to CA. The only laws that apply in CA are the same federal SBR laws that apply everywhere. Btw: thanks for checking here and being willing to ship behind enemy lines. We appreciate everyone who is willing to help us keep guns alive in CA.

gun toting monkeyboy
06-05-2012, 10:52 AM
As the others have said, yes it is legal here. And I just wanted to say thank you for actually taking the time to find out instead of just flat out saying "no" like so many others out of state do. It is appreciated. :)

-Mb

jayboy74
06-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Thanks Guys , I am always willing to ship to Ca as long as i make sure its legal before i do so , I wished they would loosen the noose a little on you guys so you can have the same things we do on the east coast.

tenpercentfirearms
06-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks Guys , I am always willing to ship to Ca as long as i make sure its legal before i do so , I wished they would loosen the noose a little on you guys so you can have the same things we do on the east coast.

The loose really isn't that tight. It just takes guys like you to ask to figure out you can still do a lot of commerce with CA. The anti's want to give the opposite impression in order to keep firearms out.

Ship away!

damoni
06-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Hats off to you @jayboy74. Ship it this way!!!!