PDA

View Full Version : Haven't sold guns in a little while, need to refresh my memory

PandaLuv
06-04-2012, 5:30 PM
I'm a green card holder, and what do I need as a seller for a ppt?

Only my DL, right. Sorry, I've sold guns before, I just can't remember, thanks guys!

hyperion.excal
06-04-2012, 5:41 PM
Yep only DL

Ive done twice already.

PandaLuv
06-05-2012, 9:10 AM
Meeting with the guy in two hours. So just checking again, I need the DL an the green card right?

jrara
06-05-2012, 9:19 AM
Just DL but bring both just in case.

Better to have it and not need it than to not have it and need it.

PandaLuv
06-05-2012, 9:35 AM
Cool, thanks guys!

GuillermoAntonio
06-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Sold your glock?

Lead Waster
06-05-2012, 11:01 AM
I thought you applied for US citizenship?

PandaLuv
06-05-2012, 11:54 AM

I keep being an idiot and delaying my us citizenship. I will get it done this year.

And I sold the Glock last year and just now sold the sig pro.

Lead Waster
06-05-2012, 12:36 PM
I thought you loved Sigs! Why sell it?

OT But;

You should have applied for your US citizenship a few years ago, it costs almost $700 for the forms now. I think 3 years ago it was less than $200. Cash crunch! It costs more to join the club now.

You just need to fill in the N-400, right?

PandaLuv
06-05-2012, 1:18 PM
I thought you loved Sigs! Why sell it?

OT But;

You should have applied for your US citizenship a few years ago, it costs almost $700 for the forms now. I think 3 years ago it was less than $200. Cash crunch! It costs more to join the club now.

You just need to fill in the N-400, right?

Didn't dig the caliber.

Yeah, it recently went up again. Think it's n-400 and something else. Have you done yours yet?

Lead Waster
06-05-2012, 1:34 PM
I have not. But it's not going to get any cheaper, and I decided that I don't like the idea of my kids being American and me not being so.

I thought it was only N-400. I asked my wife some of the civics questions, she couldn't answer any of them LOL!

Lead Waster
06-05-2012, 1:37 PM
Oh, and I'm guessing you sold your "fotay?"

I just picked up a Glock 23 actually because I just liked the way it shot when I shot my friends. It's still in my safe unshot, with 500 rounds of Walmart Federal sitting next to it. Maybe tomorrow I'll go see if I made a mistake with "fotay".

tlcwrites
06-05-2012, 2:00 PM
I have not. But it's not going to get any cheaper, and I decided that I don't like the idea of my kids being American and me not being so.

You should also be aware that, if your spouse is a US Citizen and you are not, there can be (according to a lawyer friend) some ugly tax consequences if she dies before you do. My understanding is that the "surviving spouse inherits tax-free" thing doesn't apply unless the surviving spouse is a US Citizen.

On the upside, USCIS has gotten a good deal faster at processing citizenship applications. When my dad naturalized 15 years ago, it took him well over a year. Mine was just a hair over five months from the date my N-400 was filed to the date of my naturalization ceremony (last October).

The "good moral character" questions on the N-400 are rather interesting...

Tammy

fullspeed1
06-05-2012, 8:25 PM

Interesting, You don't have to be a citizen to own a firearm in the United States?

PandaLuv
06-05-2012, 8:46 PM
Interesting, You don't have to be a citizen to own a firearm in the United States?

nope

I posted something similiar like that in the 2A forum and the guy said "well, that's end of America, don't tell iron about it"

Lead Waster
06-05-2012, 8:54 PM
Lol! I bought a hand gun when I was here on a work visa, not even a green card. Read the constitution, it doesn't even mention the concept of "citizenship" until it was added as an amendment (14th?? This could be fud though)

Also I understand the legal ramifications, we did estate planning and factored in my Canadian citizenship. This is one more reason to get my us citizenship though, it just makes estate planning a bit easier.

Mostly though, since I've lived her, I've paid approximately half a million dollars in taxes and yet I can't vote!!