PDA

View Full Version : forgot to drop magazine before removing slide release

high_revs
06-04-2012, 2:32 PM
on a hk usp 9mm full size. was taking some pictures of internals. firearm was cleared, mags empty. had to do field strip a few times taking some pics. (once done, i put it back but was uncertain of something else so had to take another pic). on the 3rd time, forgot to drop the mag but i already pulled out the slide release and slide moved/locked back, hammer down iirc. slide won't moven (forward ) so i can put the pin back and drop the mag. mag disconnect now functioning. i think held inside the slide by tension.

just kinda gave the mag a decent yank, it popped out and and slide finally released.

now i'm not sure if i caused something inside that would make it no function properly? snap cap seem ok but haven't been out to the range, yet.

first time ever happening to me on any pistols.

Sir Stunna Lot
06-05-2012, 12:45 AM
most likely nothing happend, only the slide hit the back of the mag. worst case scenario, you have a bad mag

daybreak
06-05-2012, 6:43 AM
I'm sure it's fine. why don't you go to the range and tell us if it's broken?

high_revs
06-05-2012, 9:48 PM
snap caps were ok. but i've not been able to go out. was earlier but only to realize it wasn't worth shooting for only 30 mins. but if anything is wrong, guess i learned and will report back here to share the result of a boo boo.

Fherot
06-05-2012, 10:33 PM
I think the inside of the slide suffered severe damage from bonking the back of a magazine. A safe range test is obviously in order but I'm sure it's fine the slide gets alot worse when you fire rounds downrange.

You should have seen the dazzled look on my face when I realized I forgot to replace the rollpin from my M&P's sear block assembly and I released slide back. Tilted up into the air a bit...

nocomply25
06-06-2012, 8:21 AM
I think it takes more then that to hurt an HK...it should be fine.