PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Jackson: We're Gonna March On Gun Shops!

tankarian
06-04-2012, 1:54 PM
Last night in Racine, Wisconsin, while demanding jobs for the unemployed, Jesse Jackson decided to slam job creating gun dealers and called for a march on gun shops all over the country.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/06/04/jesse_jackson_we_are_going_to_march_on_gun_shops
Liberal Democrats... they're just like Conservative Republicans.
:rolleyes:

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoaBDf18uwSLFA6IkZZLr2elo-ns9rEsNOHvwQVkgkHHWJb2YA

dantodd
06-04-2012, 2:01 PM
I guess he's never been to a Bass Pro Shop. There's already a stampede to the gun counter every weekend. They'll have to take a number. Of course the good news is that hopefully after the marchers seei all the cool guns inside maybe we'll pick up a few new gunnies.

DVSmith
06-04-2012, 2:05 PM
Can you just imagine the boost to gun sales that would cause?

DVSmith
06-04-2012, 2:10 PM
"How would you feel if you knew that 90% of the people on the sidewalk with you are looking at you like you're a target"

That IS how I feel walking down certain streets in Chicago! No joke!

Glock22Fan
06-04-2012, 2:15 PM
That IS how I feel walking down certain streets in Chicago! No joke!

That's what immediately came to my mind, as well.

POLICESTATE
06-04-2012, 2:15 PM
Jesse needs to march into retirement.

Nick Justice
06-04-2012, 2:16 PM
Yeah. They know that the legal shops are safe. No real danger of getting shot there, or else they wouldn't do it.

I haven't seen any marches down certain streets in Chicago, NY, LA, DC, etc...

CessnaDriver
06-04-2012, 2:19 PM
If they actually do it in my area.... OH the joys I will have with the comments I will provide for them as I go in and out to buy ammo.

DVSmith
06-04-2012, 2:24 PM
But not due to the legal carriers right? LOL Unless of course, you're loaded down with 9mm ammo and then I might bum rush you to support my own habit...;)

Which is why I don't pull a wagon behind me loaded with 9mm! LOL.

You are correct, but feeling like a target is feeling like a target. Why they would feel like a target with lawfully carried handguns I can't say. My guess is they couldn't make the same argument for me with a straight face.

DannyInSoCal
06-04-2012, 2:38 PM
If there isnt enough drama - Create some.

If you weren't really there when Dr King was shot - Lie about it.

How can anyone with a brain take him seriously....?

Nick Justice
06-04-2012, 3:01 PM
Yeah - I shoot a Glock 50GI, a .7" LongSlide 1911 chambered in .30 Carbine, and a 6.8SPC II AR. Why? For the same reason I ride an Indian Motorcycle. Life's more interesting if you do things differently than the rest of the sheeople...

Yeah, but good luck getting Indian parts and cheap ammo (except for maybe the 30 carb stuff)! :turned:

SgtDinosaur
06-04-2012, 3:43 PM
That's ok, his buddy Al seems to think that legal gun owners who carry concealed just walk down the street thinking of all the people they can target. I believe the quote was something like "How would you feel if you knew that 90% of the people on the sidewalk with you are looking at you like you're a target"

If you make a plan to kill everyone you encounter that would be the result. Don't the Marines do that?

gunsmith
06-04-2012, 4:43 PM
they did protest a gun shop outside of Chicago one time iirc

mcmski
06-04-2012, 4:52 PM
http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/spoons-made-me-fat-gun-sellers-sign.jpg:grilling:

JSolie
06-04-2012, 5:01 PM
^^^ ok, that made me LOL!

robcoe
06-04-2012, 5:03 PM
Part of me almost hopes thay do this in Long Beach, so I can stroll past their picket line and buy a gun.

NoJoke
06-04-2012, 5:07 PM
And all this time I thought he was FOR civil liberties....:rolleyes:

I guess he's exposing himself to be a fraud.
After all, aren't there smaller, weaker disadvantaged individuals who might be able to empower themselves against evil, with a LTC in LA?

Yep, fraud.

nso1
06-04-2012, 5:12 PM
Thats a No-No!

jdberger
06-04-2012, 5:13 PM
Who is Jessie Jackson? Should I care?

vantec08
06-04-2012, 5:20 PM
Jesse Jackson and his toadies will have some credibility when they show up holding signs that say "WE DEMAND OUR EQUAL RESPONSIBILITIES!"

skyscraper
06-04-2012, 5:23 PM
What do you expect from Jesse jackson? The sooner people ignore him, the sooner his stage will be taken away.

Cowboy T
06-04-2012, 5:37 PM
http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/spoons-made-me-fat-gun-sellers-sign.jpg:grilling:

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

:King:

ZombieTactics
06-04-2012, 5:41 PM
Someone should ask Jesse how he feels about the fact that minorities - especially urban blacks - are disproportionately denied their second-amendment rights.

Gryff
06-04-2012, 5:51 PM
I hope that any shop that gets marched on hands out free skittles and sweet tea.

tankarian
06-04-2012, 6:49 PM
How can anyone with a brain take him seriously....?

So you're saying the guy on the right doesn't have a brain? Because judging by the look on his face he surely looks like he's taking Jesse Jackson seriously...

http://ehpg.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/jackson_obama.jpg

dustoff31
06-04-2012, 7:14 PM
Hope it works out for him as well as it did last time.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/228870--jesse-jackson-arrested-at-gun-shop-demonstration

Jesse Jackson arrested at gun shop demonstration
Published On Sat Jun 23 2007

CHICAGO The Rev. Jesse Jackson was arrested Saturday at a demonstration outside a south suburban gun shop and charged with one count of criminal trespass to property.

Stonewalker
06-04-2012, 7:22 PM
I just wrote a paper on the modern gun control narrative and how it actually hurts the plight of minorities. My professor (high academia/PhD in language arts or something like that) gave me an A and seemed genuinely engaged in my paper. Also she was positive and understanding about my thesis. I was pleased and encouraged by her response to my paper and it gave me hope for our fight. We cannot allow people like JJ to speak their oppressive worldview and get away with it. We are on the side of truth and logical 'correctness'. That means we also need to be intellectually honest in our worldviews. That means realizing that the impoverished urban gang members are as much victims of our government's BS policies as we are. JJ's goals will literally KILL the urban poor if they are realized, and so will the hate that non-urban poor have.

Generations of violations of human dignity/rights act cumulatively. When JJ speaks out against gun shops, he's legitimizing the identity of hopeless and oppression that the black community has developed. And when 2A rights advocates speak hatred over the victims of this generational oppression (urban poor, and often times gang members), they ALSO encourage that identity. Only fools refuse to understand the context of other people. Just to clarify, I'm ABSOLUTELY NOT saying that people cause suffering shouldn't be held accountable for their actions. But I am saying that if you simply react to the crimes, then you are supporting JJ's worldview. We have to rise above the immediate circumstances and understand the systems that created them. PEOPLE LIKE JJ CREATE AND REVEL IN THESE BS/OPPRESSIVE SYSTEMS

ICONIC
06-04-2012, 7:34 PM
JJ does not care about the urban poor he cares about getting himself on the television. The guy has been lying to his people for the last 50 years. Look at his son who is a crooked politician, wonder where he learned that from.

Fishslayer
06-04-2012, 8:53 PM
Brother Jesse needs to read up...

Now... if he were to get a march together similar to the one the Black Panthers put together in... what was it? 1967?... he might get some CalGuns support! :D

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn215/THE_Fishslayer/OSR/OSR1/untitled.jpg

Ripon83
06-04-2012, 9:03 PM
And yet Obama supporters tell us not to worry about our gun rights with BHO.....sad

alfred1222
06-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Jesse is an idiot. plain and simple

pTa
06-05-2012, 1:22 AM
Mentioning Jesse Jackson should get you a discount at gun stores///

Shrubmaster
06-05-2012, 1:41 AM
Any shop that gets marched on should instantly call every radio station and announce all instock guns to be 20% off. Then just sit back and watch the flood of buyers steamroll that little pathetic march.

06-05-2012, 4:15 AM
Thats a No-No!

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

:laugh:

fizux
06-05-2012, 4:30 AM
Any shop that gets marched on should instantly call every radio station and announce all instock guns to be 20% off. Then just sit back and watch the flood of buyers steamroll that little pathetic march.

"free 5.7x28 ammo*"
* limit 1 box

Would work pretty well also.

cmichini
06-05-2012, 5:57 AM
I guess he's never been to a Bass Pro Shop. There's already a stampede to the gun counter every weekend. They'll have to take a number. Of course the good news is that hopefully after the marchers seei all the cool guns inside maybe we'll pick up a few new gunnies.

The likes that would follow him are likely prohibited.

Decoligny
06-05-2012, 6:59 AM
Who is Jessie Jackson? Should I care?

I think he was the one who couldn't sing.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8a/Jackson_5_tv_special_1972.JPG/220px-Jackson_5_tv_special_1972.JPG

donw
06-05-2012, 7:06 AM
can anyone recall ANYTHING decent, or sensible, other than his getting those two pilots out of Croatia (?) that JJ has done? i can't.

JJ and barry are not interested in what's right, or the 2A rights of ANYONE; they want selected Constitutional rights...logic dictates that if one amendment does not apply, then the whole document must be negated.

IMO, the black community keeps themselves locked in poverty and slavery thru the leadership they select/follow

Capybara
06-05-2012, 7:16 AM
I find it amazing that anyone of any color takes what Jackson says seriously. He is a clown. http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/jessejackson/

JAGACIDA
06-05-2012, 7:24 AM
So you're saying the guy on the right doesn't have a brain? Because judging by the look on his face he surely looks like he's taking Jesse Jackson seriously...

During the 2008 election cycle, Jesse stated during an interview "he'd like to cut off his balls" a few months later he was weeping for the camera at the inauguration. He's a stinking media tool, making a good living off problems that are really none of his business. More to come.

NYsteveZ
06-05-2012, 7:55 AM
JJ and Al...Media whores of the century. These people actually hurt their own by stirring the pot for their own image. Now we have a black president and race relations have improved by leaps and bounds over the years, they target legal gun owners. They should go picket the piss alleys of ghettos where people just like them are exploiting their own for their own selfish greed.

tankarian
06-05-2012, 8:18 AM
Someone should ask Jesse how he feels about the fact that minorities - especially urban blacks - are disproportionately denied their second-amendment rights.

I don't believe he gives a crap about that.
But I have a hunch he's trying to protect the violent thugs in his Party (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/man-allegedly-beaten-after-removing-democrat-political-signs-placed-in-his-yard-without-permission/)from being shot in self defense.

Yaki
06-05-2012, 8:23 AM

Along with a million anti gunners along his side..

Yaki
06-05-2012, 8:24 AM
Part of me almost hopes thay do this in Long Beach, so I can stroll past their picket line and buy a gun.

Better do it 10 days in advance that way you can pick it up in time lol..

Yaki
06-05-2012, 8:30 AM
JJ does not care about the urban poor he cares about getting himself on the television. The guy has been lying to his people for the last 50 years. Look at his son who is a crooked politician, wonder where he learned that from.

I'm not his people no more than you are David Dukes people (unless you are).
Just because someone is propped up by the media doesn't make it so.
I know alot of people of color that despise him.

Yaki
06-05-2012, 8:35 AM
can anyone recall ANYTHING decent, or sensible, other than his getting those two pilots out of Croatia (?) that JJ has done? i can't.

JJ and barry are not interested in what's right, or the 2A rights of ANYONE; they want selected Constitutional rights...logic dictates that if one amendment does not apply, then the whole document must be negated.

IMO, the black community keeps themselves locked in poverty and slavery thru the leadership they select/follow

Nice to see someone who understands black communitites. I wish you would offer your services and help with the problems. :King:

tankarian
06-05-2012, 8:55 AM
I know alot of people of color that despise him.

You may know a lot, but certainly they aren't a significant percentage of the African-American community.
Otherwise we would hear from them, wouldn't we? Let's face it: I never saw any pro-gun A-A group crashing one of Jackson's meetings. I never seen an A-A taking him to task when he shows up at a protest and gives his usual routine of race pimping or gun hating. I never seen a significant number of A-A telling him "we had enough for your BS, you don't represent us, time for you to go home"

RJonesUSC
06-05-2012, 8:59 AM

That's awesome. :laugh: Hadn't seen that one before.

A-J
06-05-2012, 9:20 AM

No, no. That's the look of someone thinking "I'd LOVE to suck my thumb but I'm not supposed to do that in public."

Brother Jesse needs to read up...

Now... if he were to get a march together similar to the one the Black Panthers put together in... what was it? 1967?... he might get some CalGuns support! :D

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn215/THE_Fishslayer/OSR/OSR1/untitled.jpg

Except a march nowadays in that location will catch everyone some serious jail time.

Spirit 1
06-05-2012, 9:55 AM
Go, Jesse, get on with your bad self! Hope you get LOTS of publicity, page 1!! You and your perverted leftie political pal's antics are the very best thing going, to show America that your whole world is built on lies, fraud and oppression! I'll gladly buy you guys new shovels any time you want to dig yourselves a little deeper, or guns if you want to shoot yourselves in the other foot too.

Sure, guys & gals on a gun forum are saying, 'WHAT?!!!!' but so are the rest of the population, who just happen to be right square in the middle of a firearms & ammo buying frenzy: thanks to their FINALLY figuring out what you people are really up to! GO, JESSE, GO!!!

tacticalcity
06-05-2012, 10:01 AM

This says it all.

acolytes
06-05-2012, 10:04 AM
I hope that any shop that gets marched on hands out free skittles and sweet tea.

:rofl:

NorCal Mtn Flyer
06-05-2012, 11:14 AM

Retire from what? Does he have an actual REAL JOB? I mean, other than agitating... If it weren't for other people's handouts, how would he survive?

But he could disappear from the public eye anytime he wants!

NorCal Mtn Flyer
06-05-2012, 11:18 AM

... and hoodies? :rolleyes:

swat
06-05-2012, 11:25 AM
During the 2008 election cycle, Jesse stated during an interview "he'd like to cut off his balls" a few months later he was weeping for the camera at the inauguration. He's a stinking media tool, making a good living off problems that are really none of his business. More to come.

+1

I agree he is a big phoney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1MF1DDKMw

ja308
06-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Liberal Democrats... they're just like Conservative Republicans.
:rolleyes:

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoaBDf18uwSLFA6IkZZLr2elo-ns9rEsNOHvwQVkgkHHWJb2YA

Your sarcasm was not at 1st evident ,then I tried to find an anti gun conservative republican and realised you are being sarcastic.

In a sane society the name Jesse Jackson would be unknown ,except to his immediate family and co workers .
Thank you big media for elevating this 5th column dunce to national prominence :D

tankarian
06-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Your sarcasm was not at 1st evident ,then I tried to find an anti gun conservative republican and realised you are being sarcastic.

Just mocking the dunces who keep repeating this idiotic mantra around here.
To tell you the truth I'm surprised they didn't started claiming that liberal Justices Kagan & Sotomayor are just the same as the conservatives Alito & Roberts. :rolleyes:

ja308
06-05-2012, 11:31 PM
The black community does have a great spokesperson who takes on JJ and the other race baiters . His name is Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson , he has created an organisation called BOND -Brotherhood of a New Destiny .
I would hope someone googles him and starts a thread -his philosophy is a bridge to racial harmony and understanding .

vincewarde
06-06-2012, 12:35 AM
As some of you know, I am a retired ordained minister. Friday and Saturday was our "Annual Conference".

I had the pleasure of spending some time with a black Pastor who actually does the hard work of ministry in Oakland. This guy puts in on the line every day actually making a difference one life at a time. He said one of the biggest problems is the lack of role models because too many successful people move out to the suburbs. He said that even some of the pastors leave. This guy lives in Oakland - I wonder what kind of neighborhood Jesse lives in?

BTW - he made a point of letting me know that he is not at all anti-gun. He grew up with them "around the house" in SC.

j-rod
06-06-2012, 8:27 AM
I wish JJ would take an interest in piers. Then long march off a short one.

Interfan
06-06-2012, 9:41 AM
The problem with Jesse is that he is a black racist who is still propped up by the main stream media as some sort of "Black Leader". Martin Luther King wasn't just a black leader, he was a leader. Period. For Jesse to "take the reigns" of the civil rights movement and try to change the direction from "quality of character" to "gimme gimme gimme" is one of the greatest cons of the 20th century and one of it's tragedies. With the main stream media and Democratic party as willing accomplices, this scam and the art of the shakedown has netted Jesse a nice little $10M net worth and lavish lifestyle.

Jesse should have been irrelevant long ago, and his son should be sitting in a cell next to Blagojevich. Anyone remember "Hymie-town" or Jesse's revelations about the Holocaust getting "too much attention" or that Israel is a theocracy and terrorist state ? Or perhaps his illegitimate child with one of his staffers should show how the good "reverend" lives his life as an example of moral choices to his community?

Gun stores and firearms manufacturers are now a target for Jesse because it has been widely reported that sales and revenue are strong. That is an opportunity for him to start another shakedown. Jesse will circle a potential source of money for him like a fly circles ****.

Cylarz
06-06-2012, 10:04 AM

Exactly. If they're smart, this could be a boon to gun shops. They could actually turn it to their advantage. The leaders of such protests are sure to be hardheaded and cynical when it comes to the role of guns in civilized society, but there may be other members of the protest group that will listen to reason.

Politically activist gun owners (almost a redundant phrase these days) have maintained for a long time now that most opposition to firearms is based on ignorance more than anything else. People believe everything the media tells them about guns; they believe the distorted image they see in movies and on TV and get all sorts of whackadoodle ideas in their heads. (The good news is that shows like Top Shots and Sons of Guns are pushing back and making all kinds of inroads.) The solution is curing that ignorance - getting people into gun shops where they can see weapons, hold them, ask questions, hear what we have to say about weapons.

Not only will some of these people actually become gun owners, many of THOSE will actually come around to our side on the issues and help us fight back against gun-grabbing politicians.

It reminds me of the time during the Iraq War that some protest group decided to picket the US Marine Corps recruiting station in Berkeley. I read later on that a few of the protestors actually wound up joining the Marines! The recruiters must have said something or showed them something that changed a few minds - something to refute the protestors' image of the military as cold-hearted baby killers. I'll bet you ten dollars it had something to do with being nice to the protestors and calming them down with kindness. The gun store owners can do something similar.

Handing out goodies sounds like an awesome idea. Hopefully a few gun store owners are savvy enough businesspeople to recognize the marketing potential - all these potential customers standing outside their shop. All the owners need to do is get them inside and buying things. The longer they hang around outside, the greater the chance of that.

FalconLair
06-06-2012, 10:55 AM
i remember listening to a guy named Larry Elder when I would drive home from work and this guy seemed to hit the nail right on the head about a lot of things...Although an African-American man himself, he had no problems about calling out his own people surrounding issues concerning welfare, fatherless children he even openly talked about how he felt OJ was guilty...

he was very opinionated, yet, if you spent 10 minutes listening to him you could see where he was coming from...im sure he is pretty much ostracized in his own community, im not even sure about his stance on guns, but in any event, i always wondered what happened to him

anybody else in CGland got an opinion of this guy? I thought he may have some leadership qualities but the word he was speaking just wasnt gonna cut it in his own community

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVLjIJUCiAs&feature=related found this short YouTube "clip" :eek: with Elder, for those of you who may not know this guy, give ya a chance to see some of his views
this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFllsX-AFf8&feature=related his view of the George Zimmerman situation

i guess since he doesn't back his own people regardless or right or wrong, most of the black community feel he is just an Uncle Tom

tankarian
06-06-2012, 11:23 AM
i remember listening to a guy named Larry Elder when I would drive home from work and this guy seemed to hit the nail right on the head about a lot of things...Although an African-American man himself, he had no problems about calling out his own people surrounding issues concerning welfare, fatherless children he even openly talked about how he felt OJ was guilty...

he was very opinionated, yet, if you spent 10 minutes listening to him you could see where he was coming from...im sure he is pretty much ostracized in his own community, im not even sure about his stance on guns, but in any event, i always wondered what happened to him

anybody else in CGland got an opinion of this guy? I thought he may have some leadership qualities but the word he was speaking just wasnt gonna cut it in his own community

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVLjIJUCiAs&feature=related found this short YouTube "clip" :eek: with Elder, for those of you who may not know this guy, give ya a chance to see some of his views

Larry Elder is one of my favorite AM radio talk show hosts. You can listen to him daily on KABC LA 790 (http://kabc.com/) or here on the internet: http://www.larryelder.com/

cvc04
06-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Does anyone remember when Jesse said "There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.... "

motorhead
06-06-2012, 12:01 PM
i think the best job title for jessie would be POLITICAL PIMP.

diginit
06-06-2012, 5:01 PM
Gun shop= private property. Refusal to leave when asked=Trespassing. Cite the idiots!

CnCFunFactory
06-07-2012, 1:04 AM
Exactly. If they're smart, this could be a boon to gun shops. They could actually turn it to their advantage. The leaders of such protests are sure to be hardheaded and cynical when it comes to the role of guns in civilized society, but there may be other members of the protest group that will listen to reason.

Politically activist gun owners (almost a redundant phrase these days) have maintained for a long time now that most opposition to firearms is based on ignorance more than anything else. People believe everything the media tells them about guns; they believe the distorted image they see in movies and on TV and get all sorts of whackadoodle ideas in their heads. (The good news is that shows like Top Shots and Sons of Guns are pushing back and making all kinds of inroads.) The solution is curing that ignorance - getting people into gun shops where they can see weapons, hold them, ask questions, hear what we have to say about weapons.

Not only will some of these people actually become gun owners, many of THOSE will actually come around to our side on the issues and help us fight back against gun-grabbing politicians.

It reminds me of the time during the Iraq War that some protest group decided to picket the US Marine Corps recruiting station in Berkeley. I read later on that a few of the protestors actually wound up joining the Marines! The recruiters must have said something or showed them something that changed a few minds - something to refute the protestors' image of the military as cold-hearted baby killers. I'll bet you ten dollars it had something to do with being nice to the protestors and calming them down with kindness. The gun store owners can do something similar.

Handing out goodies sounds like an awesome idea. Hopefully a few gun store owners are savvy enough businesspeople to recognize the marketing potential - all these potential customers standing outside their shop. All the owners need to do is get them inside and buying things. The longer they hang around outside, the greater the chance of that.

I could be wrong but the giving out of skittles and iced tea may not have the effect you are hoping for. I think this was suggested with a bit of sarcasm....