PDA

View Full Version : Exile Machine botched my order...

gun toting monkeyboy
06-04-2012, 1:33 PM
So I ordered two magazines from Exile Machine. This morning when the mail arrives I find not one, but two packages waiting for me. With a total of 3 magazines. It confused the heck out of me. An easy task, I know. I sat down and went over the invoices and finally found the little note at the bottom of the second one. Evidently they had included a 10 round 5.56 magazine instead of a 10 round .308 magazine in the first package. They caught it after the first package left and sent the correct magazine in the second package along with an apology and instructions to keep the 5.56 magazine for the inconvinience. Seriously? They caught the error AND had a replacement out to me before I ever even received the first package. THAT is why I always use them for this kind of stuff. You just can't beat that kind of customer service.

-Mb

Munny$hot
06-04-2012, 1:39 PM
Yup that's Exile's "MO" great bunch of people with rock bottom prices. I have to admit I was ready to stand my ground in defense of them if this was going to be a bash Exile thread...

mjmagee67
06-04-2012, 1:44 PM
Personally I would send it back on my own dime and thank them for their honestly, but that's how I roll.

Seriously

motorwerks
06-04-2012, 1:48 PM
I'd keep it and do exactly what you are doing. Pass on to others how good their customer service is. This is worth more to them than one magazine.

scglock
06-04-2012, 1:50 PM
Talk about good customer service. I love companies that do things like this. There are some companies out there that would probably ask for you to ship back the wrong mag on your own dime

hyperion.excal
06-04-2012, 1:51 PM
Exile Machine is a great store and the owner Mark is very nice too. He understands what we go through in CA.

chunker
<3 Exile

TwinStick
They just shipped my mag order so hopefully they made a mistake with mine too. :)

Kodemonkey
06-04-2012, 1:56 PM
Bought a ton of stuff from them, doesn't surprise me that they did what they did. A1 class individuals running that place over there.

S470FM
06-04-2012, 1:56 PM
I'm glad I read this, I've never ordered from them before, but I will for my next mag purchase. great cs.

socalbowhunter
06-04-2012, 2:02 PM
I've ordered from them a few times now and I love their customer service, fast shipping, great prices and total understanding of the plight of the California gun owner.

gun toting monkeyboy
06-04-2012, 2:10 PM
I have been getting stuff from them since their original aluminum Hammerhead came out. And they have always given me this kind of service. When there was a delay on the FDE hammerheads production, they sent a regular black one out for free, and then sent the FDE one as soon as they were done. As for the thread title, I figured it was the best way to get people to look. They have more than earned the kudos. I had no qualms about getting them the most traffic I could to let people know that they were a stand-up company.

-Mb

Fractured
06-04-2012, 2:25 PM
+ 1 for exile!

trg-s338
06-04-2012, 2:30 PM
I rarely post but I have to make an effort this time and throw down for them too. They're great to buy from, quick shipping and exactly the product ordered. I've never had cause to require additional customer service aside from the original transaction.

DannyInSoCal
06-04-2012, 2:33 PM
Edit the thread title and add "In a GOOD way !!" -

I'd hate to see a great company avoided because someone sees only the thread title and doesnt read the rest...

Arkangel
06-04-2012, 2:36 PM
I will be sure to give them some business...

SNCaliber
06-04-2012, 2:40 PM
thats some great customer service right there!

Arnelcheeze
06-04-2012, 2:41 PM
exile machine rocks!

Jel
06-04-2012, 3:02 PM
exile machine rocks!

What he said! They are awesome!

cabinetguy
06-04-2012, 3:10 PM
Edit the thread title and add "In a GOOD way !!" -

I'd hate to see a great company avoided because someone sees only the thread title and doesnt read the rest...

+1 to this

Dan000
06-04-2012, 3:13 PM
I've had great experience with Exile myself. Great prices and customer service, and CA friendly.

hcbr
06-04-2012, 3:20 PM
Stand up guys there, always purchased my mags there.

hyeg35
06-04-2012, 3:22 PM
Only place I will ever buy mags from is Exile Machine! Won my heart when they sent me 3, fresh, brand new, Circle 10 mags, securely and discretely packed in tamper proof box. :thumbsup:

Capybara
06-04-2012, 3:25 PM
Awesome work Exile. You practice the very rare and elusive art of taking care of your customers. I will be buying my next purchases from you, class act.

chillincody
06-04-2012, 3:28 PM
Exile Machine is a great store and the owner Mark is very nice too. He understands what we go through in CA.

Exactly what I was gonna say I havent had a bad experiance yet with EM and any ?s ive had mark has been more than helpful to answer A++++ store for sure:cool:

Agent Tikki
06-04-2012, 3:39 PM
I LOVE EXILEMACHINE

I'm saving up for one of these.........

and they are the only ones that seem to have it.......

https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/alien-shoulder-thing-that-goes-up-21111.html

price isn't unreasonable given that the power source is included and it auto tracks targets. Had to special order tho.....

echang86
06-04-2012, 3:40 PM
Exile Machine is awesome. They're one of the few vendors that actively participates on the boards.

joefrank64k
06-04-2012, 3:42 PM
To the OP:

Please edit the thread title with "...not!" or something similar.

I wasn't going to open the thread because I didn't want to read someone b*tching about some minor problem. Then I got mad because Exile is the best and I wanted to come to their defense. :)

So edit the title already! :)

Oh...Go Exile!!! :D

Mr310
06-04-2012, 3:50 PM
Mark is the man. His company is like Skittles and I'm glad to hear that many others have tasted the rainbow.

MrPlink
06-04-2012, 3:59 PM
so thats where my 10rd mag went! ! ! :p

gun toting monkeyboy
06-04-2012, 4:11 PM
I am going to hold off changing the title of the thread because the negative title seems to be generating a lot more traffic. If Mark want's me to alter it, he can PM me. But at this point I think it is working quite well. How many of you guys came in here because you thought I was going to bash a company with their solid reputation? See what I mean? And the people who don't already know about Exile are likely to wander in to see why a complaint thread has so many posts. Which, in turn, exposes them to all of the positive reviews that have been pretty much universal thus far.

-Mb

Kinsel83
06-04-2012, 4:18 PM
What he said! They are awesome!

What he said too. I love doing business with them.

engi
06-04-2012, 4:38 PM
Bought from them in the past with no problems. Your post just reminded me that it's to me to put in another order. I love stores with great customer service.

Solidux
06-04-2012, 4:43 PM
Dang op. I had to put my pitchfork down after fully reading the post.

Woulda had a fite!

BTW. They have a sale on magpul FDE 30rnd rebuild kits.

Dakine_surf
06-04-2012, 4:56 PM
I love Exile too, super fast shipping, and a great bunch of people supporting California gun owners... Threads like this just remind me to keep going back to them, gotta love pmag "kits" for 10-15 bucks and flat rate shipping, plus the 10 round limiters are the easiest i have come across to install!

Scratch705
06-04-2012, 5:02 PM
i'm just waiting for a sale on the pmag 20 rounders, so i can do the 10/20 and not have the mags sticking out past my grip

4DMASTR
06-04-2012, 5:12 PM
I been tossing around ordering a 10/30 from them. I am glad to read this!

MikeR
06-04-2012, 5:58 PM
Yup, Mark and the exile crew kick major ***. I owned a few aluminium HH, nothing made me happier than when they came out with the composite ones.

The only thing better than a HH on an AR is their CS and prices.

Tinknocker
06-04-2012, 6:15 PM
Nice! now I'm off to their site

kurac
06-04-2012, 6:32 PM
good deal, with all the interst this thread will generate for them, they will probably get slammed with orders and forget to include items with some orders, maybe its a good time to for me to get a few things from them :)

avu3
06-04-2012, 7:42 PM
Very,very good folks. I wish I had more reasons to buy stuff from them!

S

NSR500
06-04-2012, 7:56 PM
Texas FTW!

Smin
06-04-2012, 7:58 PM
Love Exile. Great prices and awesome CS.

760knox
06-04-2012, 7:59 PM
:thumbsup::Ivan:

DannyInSoCal
06-04-2012, 8:07 PM
I am going to hold off changing the title of the thread because the negative title seems to be generating a lot more traffic. If Mark want's me to alter it, he can PM me. But at this point I think it is working quite well. How many of you guys came in here because you thought I was going to bash a company with their solid reputation? See what I mean? And the people who don't already know about Exile are likely to wander in to see why a complaint thread has so many posts. Which, in turn, exposes them to all of the positive reviews that have been pretty much universal thus far.

-Mb

Great thinking - It's not your company so you don't give a crap if even one person just reads the title and decides not to do business with them.

It's much more important if your thread click numbers are high.

Pathetic.....

highcenter
06-04-2012, 9:51 PM
I'd keep it and do exactly what you are doing. Pass on to others how good their customer service is. This is worth more to them than one magazine.

Agreed... Happy (vocal) customers who take the time to post here are worth far more than a mis-shipped mag (IMHO).

Dhena81
06-04-2012, 10:17 PM
OP I have to agree that you should modify the title if not now soon your title even shows up in a google search. I get that you wanted to trick people but I think the novelty of it all has worn off. Even at 1k views or people that have clicked on this thread its really only about 0.9% of the 112k members and an untold amount of lurkers.

daybreak
06-04-2012, 10:19 PM
I also almost didn't bother clicking the thread to read it, and was going to write off exile machine.

comblock
06-04-2012, 10:23 PM
exile does rock but they are always out of stock with the shoulder-thing-that-goes-up??

IntoForever
06-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Exile definitely understands excellent customer service. I called late one evening and the phone call was answered by Mark, while he was driving. He went through options in order to make sure I knew what I wanted and that I ordered the correct parts. Numerous gun stores in Orange County have missed my business by closing for lunch or opening at weird hours.

Nor*Cal
06-04-2012, 10:44 PM
OP I have to agree that you should modify the title if not now soon your title even shows up in a google search. I get that you wanted to trick people but I think the novelty of it all has worn off. Even at 1k views or people that have clicked on this thread its really only about 0.9% of the 112k members and an untold amount of lurkers.

+1

More people will just read that title without reading your explanation than those of us who do read it. Especially on a google search.

I'm also a fan of theirs, great customer service and I don't think theirs a more CA friendly company out there.

DannyInSoCal
06-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Ummm... Yeah. :rolleyes: How 'bout you cut back on the holier-than-thou attitude before you stroke out there buddy. Tell you what, why don't you post your address on here and I'll send you a quarter so you can buy a clue. Because thus far you don't seem to have one. As for people only reading the title, this thread is pushing 1k views. My guess would be that that means people are actually reading it. I could care less what the view count is though, because the last time I checked, there were no brownie points for getting a thread you started to have one. If you want to get your panties in a bunch, go ahead. But how about you do it elsewhere. I hear they like people with that kind of friendly disposition over on Arf.com...

-Mb

Another internet wanna-be tough guy.

How cute.

Lots of clicks is great -

Except for the thread titles that get picked up and posted by search engines -

So when someone clicks on it they can't read the thread without signing up first.

All they see is "Exile Machne botched my order" -

I've done a lot of business with Mark -

Way beyond just ordering three mags -

And I'd be damn sure to not cast any bad press on him -

Regardless of how little chance I "thought" there was.

But do what you want -

Most children don't listen to common sense...

DannyInSoCal
06-04-2012, 10:52 PM

More common sense...

DannyInSoCal
06-04-2012, 10:53 PM
+1

More people will just read that title without reading your explanation than those of us who do read it. Especially on a google search.

I'm also a fan of theirs, great customer service and I don't think theirs a more CA friendly company out there.

More common sense...

DannyInSoCal
06-04-2012, 10:53 PM
I also almost didn't bother clicking the thread to read it, and was going to write off exile machine.

More common sense...

DannyInSoCal
06-04-2012, 10:54 PM
+1 to this

More common sense...

Grumpyoldretiredcop
06-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Exile Machine is good folks in my book.

I clicked on this thread thinking that Exile Machine was being bashed and would have had something to say about that. Instead... monkeyboy, you got me, you suck and I hate you, but only a little and I only mean it in the nicest way. Really. :D

shadowofnight
06-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Mark is one of the good guys.

negolien
06-05-2012, 2:06 AM
Got my Eoteh from them 100% satisfied.

Scratch705
06-05-2012, 3:04 AM

Except for the thread titles that get picked up and posted by search engines -

So when someone clicks on it they can't read the thread without signing up first.

All they see is "Exile Machne botched my order" -

you don't have to sign up to read threads. only to post in them. although i do remember that certain sections will not show up if you aren't signed up.

SURVIVOR619
06-05-2012, 6:07 AM
I LOVE EXILEMACHINE

price isn't unreasonable given that the power source is included and it auto tracks targets. Had to special order tho.....

Yeah man! The alien version of the shoulder thing that goes up is the bees-knees! When we going shooting?!! :cool2:

Paper Boy
06-05-2012, 6:13 AM
Thats for the heads up, always looking for companies like that - off to look over their site :D

mif_slim
06-05-2012, 6:17 AM
Wasn't it EM who was selling the "shoulder thing that goes up"?

It's still out of stock huh??

Exile Machine
06-05-2012, 7:02 AM
Thanks for all the encouraging words! We are just going to have to find some way to print this thread off and frame it!

Exile Machine LLC was formed by a San Diego escapee in August of 2009 for the express purpose of supporting shooters in restricted states through development and manufacture of compliance devices. Though we've grown significantly in the last 3 years and now sell a wide variety of Law Enforcement and Range Gear nationwide, we still have a soft spot in our corporate heart for our California customers, and we'll continue to support you with low-cost compliance gear and no-fee rebuild kits for as long as those products and services are needed. Selling to customers in the free states is great and we'll take all that business we can, but what really revs us up is the opportunity to thumb our noses at the gun-grabbing legislators in restricted states and ship in items that help make firearms more common and thus harder to ban.

We are huge fans of buying stuff over the internet, and that guides our philosophy as to how we strive to treat our customers. That being said we are a company of humans --we're not perfect and sometimes we fail, miss the mark, botch an order, botch a call, botch a return. Sometimes we catch it, and if we don't, we hope you'll catch it and let us know.

For those taking the trouble to view this thread, we will 'botch' your next order over $399 if you use coupon code BOTCHED. This offer is not good with any other code, offer, or group buy. You must supply the code to get the botched order. There of course every possibility we will botch your order even without the code, but if you want a guaranteed botched order, you must supply the code at checkout time.

Wraithsurf
06-05-2012, 7:09 AM
What a class act! You guys just went on my "must buy from these guys" list. I love it when vendors take the time to support our community, AND provide such awesome service. Well played sir!

Drivedabizness
06-05-2012, 7:12 AM

-Mb

I only looked at the thread to become aware of a "bad" vendor as indicated in your thread title.

Counting on people to take more effort than that does a disservice to a vendor you say you like.

gun toting monkeyboy
06-05-2012, 7:34 AM

Have you looked in the mirror lately? You come on to a thread and start whining and name calling. The only child I have seen it you, who insists on pouting because people don't do what he says. Even Mark has posted on here, and added a coupon code. I don't think that he seems too upset, as the reviews on this thread have been 100% positive, with lots of people coming in ready to "defend" him prior to reading the thread itself. As for it getting picked up by search engines, I don't see that as being an all bad thing. If somebody is looking for negative comments when they do a search and they see that, the odds are they will come in to read the thread. And then actually see the positive commentary.

-Mb

Californio
06-05-2012, 7:56 AM
How about changing the body of the title to "botched/corrected" my order.

EddieEd
06-05-2012, 8:14 AM
I LOVE EXILEMACHINE

:rofl2: I lost it when I first saw this. After reading the news that lead to this, it was tooo funny.
To bad they were out when I was going to order. :(
Guess I have to wait till the next batch or Alien crash :D

Exile is great, :thumbsup: order twice from them already and working on my next order once I pay off my AR.

AAShooter
06-05-2012, 8:19 AM
To the OP:

I wasn't going to open the thread because I didn't want to read someone b*tching about some minor problem. Then I got mad because Exile is the best and I wanted to come to their defense. :)

I fully agree. If you like what Exile did, I would support editing the title. I was in the same boat that I almost didn't open the thread. I was thinking maybe my positive experiences with Exile were unusual.

HK35
06-05-2012, 9:22 AM
Thanks for all the encouraging words! We are just going to have to find some way to print this thread off and frame it!

Exile Machine LLC was formed by a San Diego escapee in August of 2009 for the express purpose of supporting shooters in restricted states through development and manufacture of compliance devices. Though we've grown significantly in the last 3 years and now sell a wide variety of Law Enforcement and Range Gear nationwide, we still have a soft spot in our corporate heart for our California customers, and we'll continue to support you with low-cost compliance gear and no-fee rebuild kits for as long as those products and services are needed. Selling to customers in the free states is great and we'll take all that business we can, but what really revs us up is the opportunity to thumb our noses at the gun-grabbing legislators in restricted states and ship in items that help make firearms more common and thus harder to ban.

We are huge fans of buying stuff over the internet, and that guides our philosophy as to how we strive to treat our customers. That being said we are a company of humans --we're not perfect and sometimes we fail, miss the mark, botch an order, botch a call, botch a return. Sometimes we catch it, and if we don't, we hope you'll catch it and let us know.

For those taking the trouble to view this thread, we will 'botch' your next order over $399 if you use coupon code BOTCHED. This offer is not good with any other code, offer, or group buy. You must supply the code to get the botched order. There of course every possibility we will botch your order even without the code, but if you want a guaranteed botched order, you must supply the code at checkout time.

Nice!!!

I've order many parts from Exile and have been very pleased with the quick shipment and availability of parts!

Flintlock Tom
06-05-2012, 10:51 AM
After reading your original post I went to the EM site and ordered two mags.
I hope they "botch" my order as well.

that guy
06-05-2012, 10:56 AM
That's ok. This is an opinion forum. You are entitled to yours. OP is entitled to his. (I can safely assume male OP both because he has "boy" in his sig, and because I know him).

Mark at exlie seems ok with the thread, chill out. Don't assume that other Calgunners can't figure out that the thread is positive, after all, we all did.

As to the web browser search, a google search of "exile machine" does not show this thread in the first 10 pages of results, so you need to get by a fair number of positive reviews to find this one. And if you do that, the first few line, visible under the link basically give away the plot twist anyway.

Take a deep breath. Exile Machine is not being harmed here. Exhale...

If you still don't like it, start a new thread with a title you like better.

Like this ... http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=580487

Well, I like that title better, but you can do better I'm sure.

tenpercentfirearms
06-05-2012, 10:56 AM
As a master of sarcasm and threads that piss people off, I have zero problems with this thread. In fact, I only clicked on it because I thought Exile screwed up and I wanted to see how.

Further, when Exile comes into this thread and does not complain about it, but actually praises it and offers their own discount code "botched", that also should indicate they are well aware of the positive press this thread is generating them.

So for all of you who are so concerned about it, stop being. You are the only people who care.

I have said it many times and I will continue to say it, if you are the type of customer who easily gets offended and avoids my company because of a thread title you read on an online discussion board, it is actually better you don't order anything from me. You are going to be more hassle than you are likely worth.

Now, I personally think gun toting monkeyboy is an Exile plant. Until I see photos of this receipt and these items, I am convinced it was someone from Exile Machine creating this thread to generate some business! :43:

Uxi
06-05-2012, 11:01 AM
I almost wish one of my orders would have been botched like that, but so far they've all been flawless.

motorwerks
06-05-2012, 11:38 AM
"Botched" I love it!!!! :D

that guy
06-05-2012, 11:42 AM
If my new thread gets more views, can I get 5% off a shoulder thing that goes up? When they are back in stock of course. I'll even take a blemished one, so long as it isn't still radioactive...

tenpercentfirearms
06-05-2012, 12:28 PM
If my new thread gets more views, can I get 5% off a shoulder thing that goes up? When they are back in stock of course. I'll even take a blemished one, so long as it isn't still radioactive...

You are "that guy". "That guy" that takes things to far and ruins them. Your thread is a pathetic, unoriginal copy. Don't be "that guy". I predict your thread goes away. You are "that guy".

edit: LOL! Your thread is already gone. You are "that guy"!

that guy
06-05-2012, 12:39 PM
You are "that guy". "That guy" that takes things to far and ruins them. Your thread is a pathetic, unoriginal copy. Don't be "that guy". I predict your thread goes away. You are "that guy".

I was trying to make a point about group think. I apologize to the group if I offended anyone. I think OPs approach to this was a valid way to make his point.

If people don't like the way he titled his thread, they are free to create their own thread (within reason apparently).

I'm glad I got you to laugh 10%, that was kind of the point...

P.S.-sorry to the admin on call if I took it too far, or too close to spamming.

PPS- thanks ten percent for the sig line.

skyscraper
06-05-2012, 2:22 PM

LoL talk about backfire:p

fallenknight308
06-05-2012, 2:39 PM
Yup they "botched" my order too. In fact, they "botched" it so well, I will be ordering from them again! :p:D

A++ and big-ups to Exile!

DannyInSoCal
06-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Have you looked in the mirror lately? You come on to a thread and start whining and name calling. The only child I have seen it you, who insists on pouting because people don't do what he says. Even Mark has posted on here, and added a coupon code. I don't think that he seems too upset, as the reviews on this thread have been 100% positive, with lots of people coming in ready to "defend" him prior to reading the thread itself. As for it getting picked up by search engines, I don't see that as being an all bad thing. If somebody is looking for negative comments when they do a search and they see that, the odds are they will come in to read the thread. And then actually see the positive commentary.

-Mb

If Mark is fine with it - It's okay by me.

Knock off the insults.
retired

DREADNOUGHT78
06-05-2012, 11:04 PM
To the OP:

This is what I thought!

DannyInSoCal
06-06-2012, 12:16 AM
Type "Exile Machine order" / "Should I order from Exile Machine" / "Exile Machine order experience" / "Exile Machine order reviews" in Google.

This thread is on the first page.

Maybe someone clicks it - Or maybe they avoid Exile...

stix213
06-06-2012, 1:16 PM
Terrible customer service. They should have denied the problem ever happened, made you ship the other magazine back out of your own pocket, waited 3 months, and after 6 separate phone calls ship you out what your ordered.

That's how many places would handle it. ;)

Sorry to interrupt the flame war, carry on

gun toting monkeyboy
06-06-2012, 1:21 PM
Terrible customer service. They should have denied the problem ever happened, made you ship the other magazine back out of your own pocket, waited 3 months, and after 6 separate phone calls ship you out what your ordered.

That's how many places would handle it. ;)

Oh, I see you have used Botach Tactical before... :D