PDA

View Full Version : JUNE 5th Election & United States Senator

Bubba281
06-04-2012, 12:11 PM
There are 23 candidates running for United States Senator, 7 of which are graded AQ by the NRA. Of these candidates does any one of them support the 2A more than the others?

Also is one more of a front runner than the others. It seems to me that it would be a good idea to keep the Pro-2A vote focused on one candidate rather than dispersing it. The running incumbent is the most anti-2A of them all!!!

Just want to make my vote count!!!!

GOEX FFF
06-04-2012, 1:43 PM
I don't have a definitive answer, I've been trying to decide myself. But at this point...yep, vote anyone but the WITCH!!

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/dianne_feinstein.jpg

taperxz
06-04-2012, 2:06 PM
I already voted and all i can say is i didn't vote for DiFi.

NoJoke
06-04-2012, 2:47 PM
Can CGF, or a volunteer here, put together a voters guide for CA - by region?

P.W.
06-04-2012, 3:00 PM
Can CGF, or a volunteer here, put together a voters guide for CA - by region?
CGF can't advise on the matter otherwise they would lose their non-profit exemption I believe.

As far as tomorrow goes I think I may vote Emken with her AQ rating and being a women she has a better chance than most.

Californio
06-04-2012, 3:15 PM
I read that DiFi as 7M in the bank and the next nearest, Republican Party Endorsed, has 300K, everyone else is below that. Guess who will win.

bwiese
06-04-2012, 3:44 PM
These are all placeholder candidates.

The only chance any have is if DiFi drops.

dunndeal
06-04-2012, 4:04 PM

Sorry Bill, even if she did drop she'd still win. They'd wheel her in her coffin for the swearing in ceremony.

ewarmour
06-04-2012, 4:09 PM
I already voted and all i can say is i didn't vote for DiFi.

Yep.

Greg90731
06-04-2012, 11:19 PM
I agree. I have looked at all the other candidates and it does not seem to me that any of them are viable Senators. it is like the thing is rigged...

These are all placeholder candidates.

Beaker650
06-04-2012, 11:24 PM
I had no idea there was even an election. I never received any ballots, nor my absentee ballot. I checked my voter registration verification online and it says I am registered. I have voted in the last 5 elections so I didn't disqualify myself from absentee. Something went wrong.

motorhead
06-05-2012, 1:17 AM
CGF can't advise on the matter otherwise they would lose their non-profit exemption I believe.

As far as tomorrow goes I think I may vote Emken with her AQ rating and being a women she has a better chance than most.
if this is the case, howTF can the heart assn. and lung assn. sponsor an initiative to tax my camels?

P.W.
06-05-2012, 1:29 AM
if this is the case, howTF can the heart assn. and lung assn. sponsor an initiative to tax my camels?
I believe Non-Profits can use Ballot initiatives as a tool to make public policy, but they can't Endorse a candidate in any way. That includes using their organizations resources/staff to lobby for a candidate, provided mailing lists to candidates, and or solicited pledges. If they didn't do any of those things then I don't think they did anything illegal.

Smokeybehr
06-05-2012, 1:47 PM
Elizabeth Emken is the CaGOP endorsed candidate.

The reason that no money has really been spent in the primary for statewide positions is because of the open primary. Why should a candidate drop a whole lot of money on the primary when they might not be one of the top two. Did you look at the number of choices for DiFi's seat? There's (IIRC) 17 different people running, including a handful of Dems, that want to unseat her. If this had been a closed primary, we would have at least seen an ad or two for the endorsed candidate.

Once the primary is over and we know who the Top 2 in each race are, then we'll see the money rolling into the various candidates across the board.

ptoguy2002
06-05-2012, 3:04 PM
Elizabeth Emken is the CaGOP endorsed candidate.

From her web page:
2nd Amendment:

I support the 2nd Amendment and oppose any attempts to weaken it.

Much easier on the eyes than difi too.

Greg90731
06-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Seems that Emken will be the Republican pony against DiFi in the election based on yesterday's results....

rp55
06-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I went by the CRPA voting guide but the only match up where it helped was the 15th Assembly District race where only 2 Dems ran. They rated Coto "F" and Beall "D" so I voted for Beall. Beall won but under the new "Top 2" system they will face each other again in Nov. and unles I hear differently I will vote for Beall again.

What would have helped is some guidance on the Judge races. I eliminated the self described "workplace activist" and was left with an assistant DA and an attorney in private practice. I went for the guy in private practice since he may not be part of the machine but that could have been a mistake as well.

I am registered as a Republican and my ballot had the candidates for the County Central Committee on it and I had no idea whatsoever who was good, bad or indifferent. I hear from my friends in the Tea Party that getting on the Central Committee is the way to really influence the candidates that a party endorses. Maybe those candidates could be scrutinized and rated.

motorhead
06-06-2012, 12:54 PM
i usually avoid da's and ada's for judges. of course, i'm very anti l.e..

now the bad news, the sea hag by 49%.
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/neon_tony/2ilk4fb.png

nicki
06-06-2012, 1:20 PM
The reality is if we want pro gun politicians, we will have to start working in both political parties on the local level.

The county supervisor/city council members are the farm teams for future state legislatures, yet most of those races are ignored by our side.

I will tell you right now that groups like the California Teachers Association interview all candidates.

The NRA generally doesn't get involved till after the primaries, the truth is while it is nice to know who is and who isn't pro gun in the general election, in many races in the state the primaries are where the real battles are.

The truth is gun rights are not a top tier issue for most voters, as such many voters who may actually be gun owners themselves may vote for anti gun candidates because of ignorance.

If we are to protect our gun rights, we have to run pro gun Democrats.

Current State Sen Rod Wright who is a Democrat was speaking in Santa Clara a few years back and he told us that his fellow democrats couldn't believe that we were actually supporting him.

To them, they thought the NRA stood for the National Republican Association.

The reality is most politicians would like to avoid the gun issue, if we can keep people who will draft and sponsor gun bills from being elected, then by default we can hold the line while we tear down current gun laws in the courts.

Should Obama get reelected I have a gut feeling that the Heller 5 will be open to taking as many gun cases as they can while they still are the majority. The 2013/14 SCOTUS Calender will be interesting from a gun rights perspective..

Nicki

j411701
06-07-2012, 9:51 AM
From her web page:

Much easier on the eyes than difi too.

http://www.emken2012.com/