PDA

View Full Version : Weatherby SA-08 yey or ney?

mikeycancino24
06-03-2012, 7:14 PM
Hello calguns, I was at the turners shoot fair and was able to finally hold and get a good look at the Weatherby SA-08 with wood stocks, I really really like the finish and the way it felt. I would be using it for clays and hunting and pretty much anything I could use a shotgun for. My question is, has anyone had any experience with this gun (good or bad)?

FAT DUCK
06-03-2012, 11:40 PM
I bought last April. For the price, I believe this is a very nice semi auto shotty. It comes with 3 chokes, holds 5 2 /34 shells, chrome plated barrel, with the a very nice fit and finish. The lock up makes me smile every time. :D I personally would recommend it. Although i bought a synthetic stock version, I still do like it very much. Im busting clays left and right with my SA08. Of course there are nicer semis out there, but im assuming you are looking for an entry level priced gun as I was. The only draw back is it is made in Turkey, I would have preferred a USA made gun, but I don't want to into a whole political/economical rant right now. Its a great semi. If I had to do over again........I would buy it again. ;)

DUCK

mikeycancino24
06-04-2012, 8:35 AM
Cool thanks, I really like the gun especially for the price, need to decide wheather or not to pay the extra cash for the wood stock. I like the wood stock but i feel the synthetic is more rugged and I wont feel the need to baby the gun as I would with the nice wood finish.

I bought last April. For the price, I believe this is a very nice semi auto shotty. It comes with 3 chokes, holds 5 2 /34 shells, chrome plated barrel, with the a very nice fit and finish. The lock up makes me smile every time. :D I personally would recommend it. Although i bought a synthetic stock version, I still do like it very much. Im busting clays left and right with my SA08. Of course there are nicer semis out there, but im assuming you are looking for an entry level priced gun as I was. The only draw back is it is made in Turkey, I would have preferred a USA made gun, but I don't want to into a whole political/economical rant right now. Its a great semi. If I had to do over again........I would buy it again. ;)

DUCK