View Full Version : Anyone have any experience with Truglo?

Mossy Man
06-03-2012, 7:01 PM
Was looking for a cheap starter optic for my M&P Sport I'll be getting this week

Saw this pretty cheap on Amazon

Reviews mention it cowitnesses perfectly with A2 FSB and MBUIS (which my rifle comes with already)

Anyone have any experience with this $100 sight?

Worth using or save up for an eotech?

06-03-2012, 8:57 PM
for a hundred I would look at primary arms. Their sights are ultra bright and take a lot of recoil without loosing zero. Their warrant and customer service is outstanding

send it_hit
06-04-2012, 12:01 AM
+1 take a hard look at PA.

best bang for the buck IMO.

06-04-2012, 5:53 AM
for a hundy....primary arms albeit I'm not sure PA does a holographic sight in that price range. The PA micro dot and their M3 clone are pretty nice, but not the same thing as what you posted a link to (yes conceptually red dots, but ergonomically different). I have a truglo 2x42mm red dot that I keep on the 10/22 that seems to work well. Holds zero (on a .22lr). It's been thrown around. Even holds zero when I take it on and off. I got it for dirt cheap on ebay. 30 or something like that. Search ebay if you want truglo. You can find them for dirt cheap.

06-04-2012, 5:54 AM
I just checked. PA does do an eotech style sight, for only 75 but it's out of stock.

06-04-2012, 6:05 AM

Anyone have any experience with this $100 sight?

Worth using or save up for an eotech?
Put one on the wife's 581 Min-14 last week end. Dialed in w/ a single 10 Rnd mag. :) Seems a little fragile for anything beyond .223/5.56. ~100 Rnds and still holding zero. :D

As always YMMV.

06-04-2012, 1:36 PM
I have that sight and really don't like it. Mainly because the way it looks. If you decide to go with it, I will sell you mine for half that price. It's never been used.

06-04-2012, 1:50 PM
My brother used a micro on a 12g for 3gun and shotgun classes. PA doesn't recommend them on 12g but it never lost zero or had any problems. IMHO for classes and range use I have no problem using a PA sight, but on a SHTF rig I go with a Aimpoint unless PA does a DD type torture test on their RDS rigs.

06-04-2012, 4:38 PM
I dont with their red dots but I do have two handguns that wear their sights. A Glock 27 with truglo tritium night sights and a XDm .40 with the Truglo TFO fiber optic tritium combo. Both are well made and work as advertised.

I actually have been considering the same red dot for my semi-auto 12 gauge. I may pull the trigger and give it a shot down the road(no money for that project yet, too many others to finish up first.) Will it hold zero on a SA 12 gauge, might find out.

If you do get one, post up your range report please. The one thing that drive's me nuts about these cheaper optics is their insistence in having two reticule colors. Make them with one color and one reticule and use the money you save from that to make the sight more durable.

06-04-2012, 5:37 PM
I just checked. PA does do an eotech style sight, for only 75 but it's out of stock.

thats a MICRO sight not full size

06-04-2012, 6:26 PM
thats a MICRO sight not full size

Whoops! Well there you go.....

06-04-2012, 7:59 PM
Not a holographic either. Holo isnt a physical style, it means it runs off a laser, not led or other.

06-04-2012, 9:58 PM
I wouldn't buy one. For one, if they were any good there would be a lot more folks raving about them and running them on their centerfire rifles.

Second, I have a set of TFOs on my Glock and the front tritium vial started fading with in the 1st year of use. After I emailed TruGlo several times and got no response I lost all confidence in them as a reputable company.

Primary Arms on the other hand, has helped me out promptly every time I've had a question. Hell, you can even PM them here.

For a hundred bucks the PA Micro or their 30mm RDSs will be the best way to go. If you want a similar "circle dot reticle" like with an Eotech, PA's Multi-reticle 30mm RDS has one.

If you're dying for an Eotech and must have a HOLO style (or look of), I suggest to save up a little more and buy used from here in the Marketplace.

06-04-2012, 11:24 PM
For $100 primary arms over anything. My ar is pretty accurate with it.

06-05-2012, 9:06 AM
Primary arms. Great prices, good products, and the best CS I have ever gotten from a company. I can not recommend them enough. I am running and have ran all of their reddot sights. They all hold/held zero and are bright enough in direct sunlight.

06-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Truglo is just as good as an Eotech. Eotechs are overrated.

-Del Ton owner ;)