PDA

View Full Version : Salesman with poor customer service skills

DangerousGoods
06-03-2012, 5:48 PM
My son and I went to the Orange store this afternoon, after attending the fair, to pick up some 22 ammo. I have used wally world bulk with some problems and wanted some advice on the different brands.

When my turn came up I asked a simple question and got a quick reply "any of the bulk except the blazer is good." Then I asked the salesman about the more expensive stuff behind the counter. He snottily replied "I have $8.00, $12.00 and $18.00 boxes. How much do you want to spend?"

That was it for me. He obviously didn't want to assist a customer who had some questions. I grabbed a bulk box of the federal and quickly left.

I will PM the description of the salesman and time of purchase.

We had a great time at the fair and I even was able to order the CZ 455 I have been looking for. The staff at the tent were great.

I work in the service industry. We too sell a product. It is customer service. Small or large, our customers always receive the same excellent service. I always remind others I work with that it is our customers who pay our salary, not the company. Without happy customers we are out of a job.

Ken

Flipdude
06-03-2012, 7:15 PM
Well said Ken, I've experienced some pretty bad customer service in another firearms dealer and it seemed to me by his demeanor, that I was disturbing him at the time. I was in the market to buy an AR type rifle at the time and if he had given me some decent service, I probably would've bought one there. I will not buy anything from that store after that.

DinoPJR
06-03-2012, 10:35 PM
well at least you walked out with federal bulk, that is my favorite. haha. sorry tho brotha.

WTSGDYBBR
06-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Some people are rude and sick of there job and think they know it all. A simple question may be a stupid question to them. Just don't take it personal and move on. If you let everything wrong bother you in life your going to age quick or just be un happy. Just think that poor guy making less then 10 bucks a hour with no future or hope.

g21
06-04-2012, 8:30 AM
I have always had bad luck @ the turners in orange. most of the sales people have no idea about firearms. on my first gun purchase I walked out of the turners in orange with a different gun than I dros'd. My salesman didnt even check the serial #'s. I caught the mistake a few days later and took it back. however I have had great service in rancho, and corona. when I do have to go to orange I always ask for fred. He is an older guy, and he knows guns. I have never asked but he is probanly a retired guy just doing something he loves. From over under 12 guages all the way to the scar fred is the man. Aside of him the turners in orange isnt worth the ink on there business licence.

JNunez23
06-04-2012, 10:07 AM
You should have taken the Blazer, better ammo anyway. This "salesman" is obviously misinformed..

I have about 5K Federal rounds that I would gladly trade for CCI.

Anyway, avoid Turners like the plague, and you'll be fine ;)

DangerousGoods
06-04-2012, 8:14 PM
I have had very good experiences at Turners in Orange. Just this particular time it was unpleasant due to the salesman's attitude.

I wanted to point this out in this forum because Turners will most likely address this at the corporate level. A salesmen with unpleasant demeanor will cause them to lose business.

I have read that CCI blazer is good ammo and I wanted to know about the other ammo available. I will do business again with Turner's. just not with that particular salesman.

Ken

stitchnicklas
06-04-2012, 9:12 PM
i suggest you try the m22 ammo by Winchester or the cci ar tactical stuff...

.. there i helped in a positive turners way for a change :)

xoutxkastx
06-06-2012, 4:06 PM
Sorry about your experience. I like using the CCI tactical for my 22.

freds951
06-09-2012, 1:31 PM
Had the same experience at Turner's Orange on multiple ocassions....that's why i went all the way to Norwalk Turner's and now just buy LOTs of guns from those guys (great attitude and none of the BS that I always get from Orange Turners), I'm from North OC and grew up in the area but Turner's Orange is either misinformed or management doesn't like to train the new guys about customer service or likes to drive away business, hmm why?

Hell, even Stockade and Fowler's have great guys working there, to answer questions from serious guys or even tire kickers...even tire kickers will eventually buy if the customer service is good.

Sledge
06-09-2012, 8:30 PM
"any of the bulk except the blazer is good."

That's pretty laughable. I've found most of my 22's love that stuff. In fact a couple months ago i went there looking for some and all they had was Remington Golden Bullet which i've never tired. But i did ask one of the guys there, could have been the same guy, and he basically said the Remington was the best 22 you could buy. Said it like he was the God of 22 ammo. I was a little desperate for 22 ammo cause i was short on time and going to the range the next day.

DinoPJR
06-09-2012, 10:41 PM
ya i have heard the same stuff. In my opinion the remington is the worst for my guns. The cci blazer is pretty good but I live federal the best.