PDA

View Full Version : Stag Arms left handed AR15??

batangueno
06-03-2012, 4:45 PM
I'm a left handed shooter and currently looking at buying or building my first AR. Actually, my first rifle. :)

Do i really need a left handed AR? Does it really matter? I'm just curious if there is really an advantage for me to get a left hand specific rifle.

Thanks.

NSR500
06-03-2012, 4:48 PM
Stick with the standard AR. You'll have more truly milspec options.

scottunit1
06-03-2012, 4:53 PM
i am left handed and just got a normal one. it works just fine for me

G60
06-03-2012, 4:55 PM
Do i really need a left handed AR? I'm just curious if there is really an advantage for me to get a left hand specific rifle.

Completely unnecessary. The Stag rifles don't offer a solution to the actual controls (magazine, bolt release, etc.) either. You aren't gaining anything with purchasing a LH specific (Forward assist on the other side whoopty-****, the FA is actually in the perfect place for a LH user to depress it with their thumb on a standard upper, if you ever even use the FA.), and may actually be losing quite a bit, as Pat Rogers has never seen a LH stag rifle make it past TD1 in any of his classes.

Of course there are plenty of people perfectly happy with their LH stags, so YMMV.

I'm left-handed, and the only thing I prefer ambidextrous on my AR is the safety.

Intimid8tor
06-03-2012, 5:11 PM
I'm left handed and I see no need for one. I grew up shooting right handed bolt guns with no issues though a scoped gun might be different. I do have a left handed ar. Never been fired. Bought one to have one but I am fine with right handed rifles.

Fjold
06-03-2012, 5:17 PM
As long as your right handed upper has a shell deflector you don't need a lefty upper. Lefty uppers are just nice to have.

batangueno
06-03-2012, 5:22 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

It's good to hear from LH shooters with their experience. I'm just glad i have more choices now. :)

Peter.Steele
06-03-2012, 6:09 PM
I'm a lefty, and if a left-handed upper is the answer, the question must have been really pointless.

Even the brass deflector on a normal AR is just nice to have, not need to have, for a lefty. My first upper was an A1, and I never had a problem with stray brass.

killshot44
06-03-2012, 6:28 PM
Jeebus, a company tries to please the Lefthanded crowd and gets crapped on for its effort?
Some hard to please little ************s .

/and just when the new Lefthanded cleaning rods are coming out....

G60
06-03-2012, 6:38 PM
Jeebus, a company tries to please the Lefthanded crowd and gets crapped on for its effort?
Some hard to please little ************s .

/and just when the new Lefthanded cleaning rods are coming out....

The LH stags are like putting the ejection port on the other side of a 1911 or classic Sig and saying it's a "left handed model"

Something like an AXTS AX556, AX762 or Colt 901 is very pleasing indeed, however.

batangueno
06-03-2012, 7:14 PM
I'm left-handed, and the only thing I prefer ambidextrous on my AR is the safety.

Can you suggest an ambi safety brand and where can I get one? Thanks

Mossy Man
06-03-2012, 7:19 PM
silly Calguns, Red Jacket INVENTED left hand shooting ARs

hk91666
06-03-2012, 7:22 PM
I'm a left handed shooter and currently looking at buying or building my first AR. Actually, my first rifle. :)

Do i really need a left handed AR? Does it really matter? I'm just curious if there is really an advantage for me to get a left hand specific rifle.

Thanks.

Depends if you do not mind cases flying by your nose. Truthfully I got mine because I was sick and tired of adjusting me to suit everyone else. If you are a lefty you haven't lived until you have driven a stick shift car in the uk. Just my two cents.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

JeremyKX
06-03-2012, 9:49 PM
I own a lefty stag.

Will be getting a right for my next AR. I don't really see a benefit of the lefty as the lower is still a righty.

If you really want a TRUE lefty though, look at rock river arms. The WHOLE gun is lefty.

batangueno
06-04-2012, 8:44 PM
So what I'm getting from all the comments is that a left handed AR is nice to have but not necessary.

Thanks everyone.:)

G60
06-04-2012, 8:53 PM
Here's a good article on manipulating the AR as a southpaw: http://www.10-8consulting.com/article_page.php?articleID=19

prc77
06-04-2012, 9:10 PM
Can you suggest an ambi safety brand and where can I get one? Thanks

look no further

http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/badass.php

MrExel17
06-04-2012, 9:29 PM
OP, lefthanded shooter too. I was thinking about the same thing, but the standard is perfectly fine!

DRUNKENMASTER
06-04-2012, 9:51 PM
Lefty here with a left handed stag upper. I had a normal righty and sold it to my bro. Got the lefty upper and I am very happy with it.

Fjold
06-05-2012, 4:52 PM
Get one of each:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/LR.jpg